What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Posted this in the wrong thread.

Steak and eggs, and some fried up leftover veggies.
Prawns and salad in a wholemeal low carb wrap, the wraps areoff the menu next week as there is to much fibre in the wraps.
Steak, onions and green veggies for dinner.

Reactions: Annb and maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Aw, too bad they turned out a bit boring, but thanks a lot for the explanation of the technique, it sounds very useful and quite festive, provided the filling is an interesting one!
How do you steam them?

Just in a steamer top over boiling water. You could use a colander or even a sieve over boiling water, as long as you have a lid on top to keep the heat in.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday bed 4.9 FBG 5.9 - still bitterly cold. Can someone please inform the weatherman that this is May not November! Welcome back @Annb.

B. My last slice of SLC toast with Dairylea (new supplies being shipped today!) TAG.
L. SLC hot cross bun toasted with butter.
D. Those beef wraps stuffed with sliced onion and peppers and spicy sauce. One of my broccoli/cauliflower souffle things. Resistance is futile - I had to remove a DGF coconut & raspberry from the freezer.

Wednesday bed 4.7 FBG 5.3 - one of the first appointments this morning at the QMU drive through. Now had my 2nd jab but, because I had a mild allergic reaction on 1st, I had to wait 30 mins before leaving. I did get another reaction, more mild than the first, over in 15 mins and since then nothing apart from slight tenderness.

B. TAG and a Dairylea triangle.
L. SLC arrived - yes!! 2 slices SLC bread with prawn cocktail & lettuce. Pint of SF diluting Vimto.
D. Mussels in a creamy white wine sauce and veggie chips. Grenade ice cream bar.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
So Thursday ditched Fish Fingers Firsday to today as we need easy supper because I am having an eye injection this morning. Breakfast was my usual slice of HiLo toast with lots of tea. Lunch was mixed salad and a Scotch egg, I know bad! Supper was panfried lamb steak and leftover roasted Med veg.
Today lunch will be rollitos & salad.
Just heard we are both getting second Pfizer jab on Tuesday. Hoping no issues but at least we can push on with life a bit more now.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
FBG 8.0
Breakfast: Bacon, eggs, mushrooms and tomato - all dry fried.
2nd meal: Lorne sausage and pickled vegetables (not sure how much carb, but it can't be very much).
Still have some soup left if I feel hungry later on.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All
So Thursday ditched Fish Fingers Firsday to today as we need easy supper because I am having an eye injection this morning. Breakfast was my usual slice of HiLo toast with lots of tea. Lunch was mixed salad and a Scotch egg, I know bad! Supper was panfried lamb steak and leftover roasted Med veg.
Today lunch will be rollitos & salad.
Just heard we are both getting second Pfizer jab on Tuesday. Hoping no issues but at least we can push on with life a bit more now.
I had my second Pfizer last Wednesday. I had a mild allergic reaction (nothing that bothered me as I have allergies) 1st time but, 2nd jab it still happened but more mild and shorter. Apart from a tender vac site for 2 days I've been fine. Hubby was the opposite. No reaction to 1st jab but felt he was coming down with the flu for 24 hrs with the 2nd plus a tender, swollen arm for 5 days. No rhyme nor reason to it.

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my second Pfizer last Wednesday. I had a mild allergic reaction (nothing that bothered me as I have allergies) 1st time but, 2nd jab it still happened but more mild and shorter. Apart from a tender vac site for 2 days I've been fine. Hubby was the opposite. No reaction to 1st jab but felt he was coming down with the flu for 24 hrs with the 2nd plus a tender, swollen arm for 5 days. No rhyme nor reason to it.
We were the same but the other way round. My turn to be yuk this time.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and an Atkins double chocolate bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: mini minted lamb kebabs, leafy salad, coleslaw and a small packet of Cheesies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Reactions: maglil55

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon and a three egg omelette, mushrooms.
A couple of prawn wraps to finish the bag of frozen cocktail prawns and the packet of wraps off.
Lamb forequarter chops, green veggies and gravy.

In another thread there was a question about low carb jelly, I found the good old Australian Aeroplane jelly that is low carb. It is one of the things I can eat on my "fast" (jelly is classed as a fluid) as long as it's not red purple or blue.

Here's a link to one I got in the local supermarket.

https://www.aeroplanejelly.com.au/our-products/jelly-lite/lite-lemon

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B : Ff greek with seeds and blueberries
45 mins yoga followed by 90 minute hilly walk
L: 3 lc mini cheddar biscuits, 3 small pieces my lc caulifower cheese thingy, bit of brie, 2 cherry tomatoes. 1 piece lc rhubarb cake with cream
3pm really hungry so tried 250ml kefir with 2 sqs 85%.

Seemed to do the trick as no longer hungry so skipped dinner

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! Very interesting. So much I could do with mince, beyond my usual meatloaf and lasagna.
Thanks for sharing :)

check out the rest of the vids on that YouTube channel too. Many are suitable for low carb, or adapting to low carb. Can’t wait to do some of them!

Reactions: Antje77

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: same as yesterday - dry fried bacon, eggs and mushrooms.
2nd meal: lamb chops and buttered cabbage (if I feel like cooking later on - just now feeling pretty nauseous and just feel like going to bed).

Onlinecaroline

Friday
Breakfast - 3 eggs with butter mashed in a cup.
Lunch - few slices of cooked chicken, some mozarella and pesto balls from M and S, a few olives.
Dinner - Indian take away; saag paneer and garlic chicken tikka.

Woke up feeling awful, running a bit of a temp, sore head and nausea. Completed a covid test and it was negative so just going to chill and see if it goes.

Breakfast - slice of SLC toast and corn beef
Dinner - a hotdog in the new SLC hotdog rolls with fake cheese, fried onion and mustard.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Usual Saturday morning boot camp Hiit workout followed by bacon butty in SLC roll. Decided to weigh the bacon rashers before cooking to see whether my guesstimate is near enough - no! I’ve been assuming 3 rashers weigh about 75g but they were 170g I should maybe look at portion size more often.
Lunch half a pack of Parma ham as a snack
Dinner Parmesan crusted haddock and celeriac chips, both airfried and wonderful. Steamed brocolli with it and a lump of cheddar with a couple of glasses wine afterwards.
@Annb thanks for posting your cabbage roll experiment. I’m keen to try with maybe some very spicy mix after your comments about blandness. Definitely worth coming back to.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been assuming 3 rashers weigh about 75g but they were 170g I should maybe look at portion size more often.
Oh no!
Are you limiting your fat and protein intake or are they just as well now there's more of it than you thought?

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and a Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner, Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh no!
Are you limiting your fat and protein intake or are they just as well now there's more of it than you thought?

Not really limiting anything except carbs but it was a bit of a shock to find what I’d thought of as a light meal/ snack had so many calories, protein and fat. I’ll still carry on having 3 rashers though. It made me wonder if I’m underestimating other things too, in particular cheese. I’ll have to start random weight testing.

Reactions: Antje77