Pfizer vaccine - low blood glucose?

Jen6

I had my 2nd Pfizer vaccination last Thurs . Despite keeping to my regular diet my fasting morning readings have increased. Usually in the 5 range now hitting the 6s ie this morning 6.4 before bedtime 5.9.
Not on any medication hoping its the jab and things will settle down.

Reactions: Ledzeptt

Ledzeptt

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Liquorice and aniseed (especially the tracer I have to drink in hospital before a CT scan - yuk!)
I had an unexpected hypo on Friday evening (don’t get them often with using Libre/Bubble combination for multiple alarms). I couldn’t understand why, but dismissed it until I watched this video from Dr Bernstein this morning:

Ah ha: I’d had my 2nd (Pfizer) vaccine on Friday morning, so maybe that’s the explanation. I didn’t have this with the 1st jab. The following day, my BG was stable again. Only other symptom was soreness, same as flu jab, for 48 hours. I’d have guessed inflammation/irritation would have raised my BG, and Dr B says people are reporting a range of impacts.

I reported it via the Zoe Covid app at https://covid.joinzoe.com (which I recommend everyone should examine/use). Following @pipp’s suggestion, I’ve yellow carded it too.

If you’re reading this, please don’t let this put you off getting the vaccine: it’s a game changer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had 2nd jab ( Pfizer) Friday
Bloods slightly up
Running higher fbg since injury mid 6's.
Low 7's since jab

Feel fine, no issues

Echo above posts final sentence.:)