What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sadly its a 6 today - it was granddaughter's holy communion yesterday, (postponed from a year ago) I couldn't go to the Church because of Covid and restricted numbers but was able to go to see her at home. Ended up eating lots of bitty things throughout the day. So hands up the levels are totally my fault but I wouldn't have missed the day for the world, she was pleased as punch and couldn't stop smiling plus her dress was absolutely stunning. Good day all round.:)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

5.6 this morning. Putting it down to starting up exercise again. It seems every time I change my routine, blood sugars go up a bit. My body seems to be happiest when things are settled.

@nutribolt -- Glad to see that Magic is doing better.
@PenguinMum -- Commiserations for the eye injections.
@HeliGary -- Great fasting levels lately. Has your body adjusted to less metformin?
@Freema -- It's good to see your fbgs back in the 7s. Well done.

Last edited:

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
@HeliGary -- Great fasting levels lately. Has your body has adjusted to less metformin?.

I am not completely sure yet.

I feel fine. FBG in the 5-6.9 range since , seemingly a similar pattern as before with more Metformin, I think I’ll feel more certain in a few weeks.

Thanks for asking.

Reactions: OCat and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Happy with that, whether it’s due to the freezing dip in the sea yesterday or the bucket of wine I had afterwards.
@Ryhia that sounds like a very special day and well worth a 6.
@ziggy_w it’s interesting that your BG reacts to any change in routine like that, I hope things soon settle when you are exercising regularly again.

Reactions: OCat and karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All
Firmly stuck in the sticky sixes with 6.4. @DJC3 you deserve that reward for open sea swimming, both rewards actually. @ziggy_w hope you settle into your new routine v soon, still great numbers. @nutribolt hope your sleep improves and Magic continues to do well. @Ryhia at least you had the best reason for a sticky.
Happy Monday all.

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
6.5 this morning, last few days have been a series of sixes, which is nice. My last set of exams start today and end on Wednesday morning, I have promised husband and myself a kebab on Wednesday (it's our guilty pleasure) and a couple of glasses of wine. Once exam finishes on Wednesday, apart from a bit of preparatory reading all done and dusted until the autumn term starts. Thank goodness! Sunny at the moment here in London and quite nice and warm. Judging by the look of those clouds the sun won't last long.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.7 at 0510, ran 6K new running shoes today, new PB in 3k and 1 second off PB in 5K.

Into work for 0700 and we’ve already been flying, seems today is a good day.

Nutribolt , I hope Magic is doing better.

Gary

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This thread moves right along - too fast for my old mind. Like that speedy @HeliGary in his new trainers.;) Swipey reckons a 4.0 rising to 4.4 for me today. Best wishes for exams @Providence 62. Glad we've helped @Freema. Once agian you show what an extraordinarily caring lady you are @PenguinMum. Glad the open water swimming and wine resulted in a reading you liked @DJC3. I currently haven't a clue what is even a functional level for me or how to nourish myself via LC - nightmare.

Rach612

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
FBS 4.6 on Dexcom and 3.8 on Tee2+ pleased with that especially as I ate a pack of co-ops crispy bacon for dinner coming back from a family event at 7.40pm. Normally I don’t eat past 6.

Reactions: OCat

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.5 this morning, last few days have been a series of sixes, which is nice. My last set of exams start today and end on Wednesday morning, I have promised husband and myself a kebab on Wednesday (it's our guilty pleasure) and a couple of glasses of wine. Once exam finishes on Wednesday, apart from a bit of preparatory reading all done and dusted until the autumn term starts. Thank goodness! Sunny at the moment here in London and quite nice and warm. Judging by the look of those clouds the sun won't last long.
kebabs are my fave providence62 and they also dont effect my bgs just inject for the pitta and alls good its my every friday treat xx

Reactions: OCat and Ryhia

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Great stuff and enjoy celebrating....btw its blowing a hooley here in Sussex!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This thread moves right along - too fast for my old mind. Like that speedy @HeliGary in his new trainers.;) Swipey reckons a 4.0 rising to 4.4 for me today. Best wishes for exams @Providence 62. Glad we've helped @Freema. Once agian you show what an extraordinarily caring lady you are @PenguinMum. Glad the open water swimming and wine resulted in a reading you liked @DJC3. I currently haven't a clue what is even a functional level for me or how to nourish myself via LC - nightmare.
Thanks Ian ..she says..blushing :shy:

Reactions: OCat