Concerned about testing heart rate

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Picking this back up
My resting heart rate is still averaging 46, when I went to see a personal trainer he was a little concerned so I have made appointment with doctor. Going to have BP, bloods and an ECG

Last ECG was cancelled as my partner had covid and i kind of pit it to back of mind

What I didn't think of but should have is that I am having patches of being dizzy when I stand up. So all of this means I want to get it checked, just in case

I'll let you know :)

Reactions: KK123

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my ECG and bloods etc. Watch is accurate, the ECG was heart rate of 42 but good rhythm so will wait and get a follow up from blood tests

Maybe I’m just naturally slower heart rate

Reactions: urbanracer

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had my ECG and bloods etc. Watch is accurate, the ECG was heart rate of 42 but good rhythm so will wait and get a follow up from blood tests

Maybe I’m just naturally slower heart rate
Some results back:

Serum TSH level 1.6 miu/L [0.2 - 5.5]

Liver function tests
Serum total protein level 69 g/L [60.0 - 80.0]
Serum albumin level 40 g/L [35.0 - 50.0]
Serum alkaline phosphatase level 47 u/L [30.0 - 130.0]
Serum alanine aminotransferase level 43 u/L [< 50.0]
Serum total bilirubin level 7 umol/L [< 21.0]

Urea and electrolytes
Serum sodium level 139 mmol/L [133.0 - 146.0]
Serum potassium level 4.1 mmol/L [3.5 - 5.3]
Serum creatinine level 72 umol/L [59.0 - 104.0]

So all looking okay there I think

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Having heard back from the doctor, my my thyroid is okay. Some of my white blood and red cells are lower than the baseline so need to repeat in 6 to 8 weeks. I might have just had a minor infection I didn’t know about. So repeat test to make sure all is back to normal

I’m also going to have a lying down and standing up blood pressure done and a referral to a cardiologist as the dizziness could be a concern. Well obviously it is to me, falling over and hitting my head isn’t fun! But that was a one off at the worst, it’s not normally that bad luckily

But the rhythm is good, it’s just slow, so could be just a natural for me but my body doesn’t like it

So, further checks but nothing major found so that’s good

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m being referred to the cardiologist for further tests following the recent doctor visit.

Probably nothing but getting the tests and referral will help put my mind at rest anyway and good to know it is being checked out and being taken seriously :)

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I meant to follow this up

So I have seen the cardiologist and he’s happy with it all, basically all the cardio and weight loss has left me with a slower heart rate with resting heart rate I am now seeing generally anywhere between 42 and 47. Although my resting heart rate according to the watch today is 39… margins of error im sure!

I wouldn’t call myself a peak athlete mind you but it is what it is, all good!

The dizziness he thinks is basically lower salt

so all good :)