Help Needed

barrienunn

Hi everyone hope your all well, I haven't been diagnosed with anything by a doctor its only a self diagnosis using a new Nexus Machine. Ive been monitoring my Blood Sugar and its been high 14,15,16 according to the machine I can get it down to 6 if I starve myself so to speak .... Now the biggest fear I have is giving Blood ive had this fear since a small child ( im nearly 62 now ) and please do not call me a coward like others do, Im 6ft tall and weigh 19st so yes I am overweight. ive never had increased thirst, weight gain or loss but I do have hunger from time to time but if I eat a sugar few weathers sweet it goes away.. and ive just started to exercise with my little doggy hopefully to lose a couple of stone. I realise that im possibly going to need help now but like I say I have serious problems giving blood I don't mind the fast prick in the finger as I do it myself... please don't say ... awww its only a little Prick, sorry if I sound a little abrupt but ive had people onto me since I was a child telling me im a coward etc im hopefully looking for a little help on here

Thank-you in Advance

Barrie

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Blood Sugar and its been high 14,15,16 according to the machine I can get it down to 6 if I starve myself so to speak
Hi @barrienunn , and welcome to the forum!
Don't worry about being thought of as a coward, you're definitely not!
Fear is a very real thing, regardless of it being fear for something dangerous or something irrational. And needle phobia is quite common.

That said, with those numbers you do need to speak to your doctor. Don't worry about them taking blood right there and then, they won't, although they might do another fingerprick test, and they'll urge you to get blood drawn for the lab.
Remember, it's impossible (and against the law) to stick a needle in someone who refuses, so you won't be forced to have your blood drawn by just having a chat with your doctor and showing them your meter readings.

Have you told your doctor about your fear for needles? I think phobia treatment is quite effective these days, and doing something about your fears may make your life a lot better in the coming years!

Let us know how you get on!

barrienunn

My doctor already knows me well and docent ask anymore. ive just been out for a 2 mile walk with me little Pooch but before I went out I had a tomato & Mushroom omelette ( 3 eggs ) ohh while I was in the park I had a latte with 1 sweetex as soon as I got home I tested my sugar it has dropped down to 8.5 so what am I doing right is it the food or the exercise

Roggg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My doctor already knows me well and docent ask anymore. ive just been out for a 2 mile walk with me little Pooch but before I went out I had a tomato & Mushroom omelette ( 3 eggs ) ohh while I was in the park I had a latte with 1 sweetex as soon as I got home I tested my sugar it has dropped down to 8.5 so what am I doing right is it the food or the exercise

Low carb is one of the most effective treatments I know of, and omelettes are a good low-carb meal. I suspect if you avoid carbs as much as possible, you will find a dramatic shift in your glucose levels over time. That's assuming you are Type 2, without other issues going on.
Exercise helps, but as far as lifestyle factors go, diet is WAY more important.

Reactions: Lainie71

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Exercise always helps me combined with diet x