Is this normal ?

Sad21+

I bought some fruit infused sparkling water drink. It's called Aquavale.It has no sugar,sweeteners . The whole drink is 330ml and has 0.20g of sugar and carbs. It's black cherry and pomegranate.

I just wanted check to see how my body would react to it. Before drinking my blood was 4.4. after an hour or went to 5.6 and 2 hours later it is 4.8.

Is this normal? I've cut out all fruit juice and soda. I drink coffee, carbonated water still water. But I need things with taste. I love fruit and herbal teas they have no sugar or sweeteners no carbs or sugar.

Sorry I just wanted to know is this normal ?should I stop drinking this drink? And now I'm anxious and paranoid about fruit teas. I'm going to test now and see how I react to fruit teas.

I apologize for repeated posts. I'm just trying to understand. Thank you all.

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi @Sad21+

Don't ever feel you have to apologise for repeated posts as that is exactly what the forum is here for.

From where I sit and your testing there is no problem with consuming your drink. The great thing about testing is it gives you control and information so you can ask these questions.

Reactions: Fenn and Sad21+

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like you had a slight reaction to the sweetener but not too drastic.
if you like the drink and can stick to it in "moderation" then fine.
Personally I try to avoid sweeteners most of the time but as an infrequent excursion then it looks ok for you.

Sad21+

Looks like you had a slight reaction to the sweetener but not too drastic.
if you like the drink and can stick to it in "moderation" then fine.
Personally I try to avoid sweeteners most of the time but as an infrequent excursion then it looks ok for you.
The drink has no sweeteners in it. Thank you for your advice .

Sad21+

Hi @Sad21+

Don't ever feel you have to apologise for repeated posts as that is exactly what the forum is here for.

From where I sit and your testing there is no problem with consuming your drink. The great thing about testing is it gives you control and information so you can ask these questions.
Ok thank you so much. I thought I was burdening this forum. Also thank you for the advice. I didn't know if this is normal for blood sugar to react like that. Thank you.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just wanted check to see how my body would react to it. Before drinking my blood was 4.4. after an hour or went to 5.6 and 2 hours later it is 4.8.

Couple of things, firstly those numbers are perfect, many people would be happy with 5.6 as a fasting number, that's not a spike, far from it.

You could get the same reaction from just moving around, going to the shops, walking up the stairs, list is endless.
Liver dumps glucose to fuel your muscles, your body releases insulin to deposit the glucose, slightly oversimplified but you're good.

Enjoy your drink.

Reactions: Sad21+

Sad21+

I appreciate your advice and kindness. All of this I new to me. I apologize if I came across insensitive. Thank you for you help. Much appreciated.
Couple of things, firstly those numbers are perfect, many people would be happy with 5.6 as a fasting number, that's not a spike, far from it.

You could get the same reaction from just moving around, going to the shops, walking up the stairs, list is endless.
Liver dumps glucose to fuel your muscles, your body releases insulin to deposit the glucose, slightly oversimplified but you're good.

Enjoy your drink.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Sad21+
I was reading about this today and thought of you. Its a charity set up to help people feel happier
They do a free, 10 day, just a few minutes a day course as an introduction. It looks really good.
https://10daysofhappiness.org/
There's loads of other good stuff on there too. Check it out

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If it’s this one, it does have sucralose, which is a sweetener. Doesn’t look like it affects you, but good for others to know. There are a few brands with absolutely no sweeteners etc - Dash, Ugly and Aquavita. Might be worth checking those out.

0218DCD7-204D-4ECE-A746-FA2C8C2147B3.jpeg

Reactions: Sad21+ and ziggy_w

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If it’s this one, it does have sucralose, which is a sweetener. Doesn’t look like it affects you, but good for others to know. There are a few brands with absolutely no sweeteners etc - Dash, Ugly and Aquavita. Might be worth checking those out.

View attachment 49357
Thanks for that that Aldi site was down last night when I tried to find it.

lachina

I bought some fruit infused sparkling water drink. It's called Aquavale.It has no sugar,sweeteners . The whole drink is 330ml and has 0.20g of sugar and carbs. It's black cherry and pomegranate.

Is this normal? I've cut out all fruit juice and soda. I drink coffee, carbonated water still water. But I need things with taste. I love fruit and herbal teas they have no sugar or sweeteners no carbs or sugar.

Sorry I just wanted to know is this normal ?should I stop drinking this drink? And now I'm anxious and paranoid about fruit teas. I'm going to test now and see how I react to fruit teas.

he

Hello, Sad21 - I just started in this website, so as you I am a newbie. What I have discover about all kind of things sold in the streets is that the majority have something not good for my body. I grew up drinking colas and juices with a lot of sugar and it was really hard to avoid them. I went through the same panic feelings, until I made my decision of not drinking anything but water. Sorry to say, but there is only one liquid that will save your kidneys, clear and pure water. I discover also that my body needs lots of water. If you are not suffering from kidney problems, weight yourself and divided by 16; that will tell you how much water you need in a daily basis. Your body is very special, is not like other people, and should be treated as that. Millions of people around the world are going through what you are going through. Don't lose faith, educated yourself, read as much as you can and learn to feel more secure and at peace with your condition.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sad21+

View attachment 49357
Hello thank you very much. yes we drink dash. And are so relieved. thank you for the other suggestions. Unfortunately that's not the one . I'll post a picture of it. Thank you. https://groceries.aldi.co.uk/en-GB/...e-infused-sparkling-water-330ml/4088600318745

Reactions: Goonergal

Sad21+

@Sad21+
I was reading about this today and thought of you. Its a charity set up to help people feel happier
They do a free, 10 day, just a few minutes a day course as an introduction. It looks really good.
https://10daysofhappiness.org/
There's loads of other good stuff on there too. Check it out
Thank you so much for this. I'm going to try this. Thank you for being so kind and thoughtful. I really do appreciate this. Thank you.

Reactions: MrsA2

Sad21+

Hello, Sad21 - I just started in this website, so as you I am a newbie. What I have discover about all kind of things sold in the streets is that the majority have something not good for my body. I grew up drinking colas and juices with a lot of sugar and it was really hard to avoid them. I went through the same panic feelings, until I made my decision of not drinking anything but water. Sorry to say, but there is only one liquid that will save your kidneys, clear and pure water. I discover also that my body needs lots of water. If you are not suffering from kidney problems, weight yourself and divided by 16; that will tell you how much water you need in a daily basis. Your body is very special, is not like other people, and should be treated as that. Millions of people around the world are going through what you are going through. Don't lose faith, educated yourself, read as much as you can and learn to feel more secure and at peace with your condition.
Thank you for this. Yes I agree water is the best liquid to drink. I will increase my water intake. Also thank you for the helpful advice. And I hope we all have a better and healthier journeys. Thank you.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake

The numbers are good..

some of what you are seeing may not even be from the drink, meters are only accurate to about 15% and if you test on 1 finger, then test another you could get different readings.. also contamination can have an effect...

so based on the numbers you have i would not be concerned unless the rise was much higher.... but well done for trying things out.. its all good information

Sad21+

The numbers are good..

some of what you are seeing may not even be from the drink, meters are only accurate to about 15% and if you test on 1 finger, then test another you could get different readings.. also contamination can have an effect...

so based on the numbers you have i would not be concerned unless the rise was much higher.... but well done for trying things out.. its all good information
Sorry for delay. Thank you for your advice. I'm learning something new everyday. Thank you so much.