Freestyle LIbre 2 issues

sreid95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone,

I have recently got the Freestyle LIbre 2 sensors. I put the first one on last night and it wouldn't start, just kept telling me to rescan and wait 60 minutes. So I tried the second sensor and it started but came up with an error saying glucose reading not available, try again in 10 minutes. Now the third one I have tried is exactly the same as the first one.

Does anyone know what is wrong? The Freestyle Libre 1 had its occassional errors and faulty sensors, but three in a row suggests something is wrong. I have contacted Abbott and they are sending out replacements but I now only have one more sensor.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi sreid95

I have been experiencing similar issues with Libre 2. They are now sending me 3 replacement sensors and a replacement reader. Hope you get things sorted soon. Roll on Libre 3

Kirstyuk

Hi everyone,

I have recently got the Freestyle LIbre 2 sensors. I put the first one on last night and it wouldn't start, just kept telling me to rescan and wait 60 minutes. So I tried the second sensor and it started but came up with an error saying glucose reading not available, try again in 10 minutes. Now the third one I have tried is exactly the same as the first one.

Does anyone know what is wrong? The Freestyle Libre 1 had its occassional errors and faulty sensors, but three in a row suggests something is wrong. I have contacted Abbott and they are sending out replacements but I now only have one more sensor.

Hey when you first put your sensor on. You after wait 60minutes for it to start. After the 60mintes. Your all ready to go

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Hi everyone,

Welcome to the forum!

As you have been using Libre 1 this is unlikely to be a newbie error/issue and possibly more likely to be a bad batch of sensors.

What device are you using to activate and read the sensors?

Many/most of us on here use LibreLink on a mobile phone.

If you are using a mobile phone then it could possibly be associated with that.
In which case it is worth posting the phone model, operating system version, and LibreLink version just in case you have an unusual combination.

sreid95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,

I also use the Libre Link app to scan. I did not receive a meter for Libre 2 as I use the phone to scan and the meter with Libre 1 doesn't work with Libre 2. I use the same phone as I used with the Libre 1. It's a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ with Android 11 OS. The app version is 2.5.3.6373.

I've only had issues since starting Libre 2. There was the odd faulty sensor with Libre 1 but not this bad. I've got the GP to bring forward my prescription incase the last sensor is also faulty.

I was genuinely excited to start the Libre 2 with the low/high alarms and improved accuracy but this has put a dampener on an already horrible week for me.

Last edited:

sreid95

Type of diabetes
Type 1
My last sensor miraculously isn't faulty, 3 sensors were faulty and replaced by Abbott free of charge. Two were from the same batch and the other was a different batch. Hopefully all the replacement sensors are good and I don't have anymore issues for a while. My arms are covered in small pinhole marks lol.

I have seen some reports from others that Abbott's quality control has lessened due to the increased demand for the sensors. So hopefully its teething problems. I actually put the sensor on a different location than I usually do this time. I seen a video that said they also work on the inside part of the upper arm. I find it a bit awkward to scan it at times but I've always had it on the upper outer arm.