NHS App

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
I am type 2 and on just 1 x 500mg Metformin a day. A recent blood pressure check by a DN, after I walked about 400 yards after parking my car, & then standing for almost 10 minutes outside the surgery saw my blood pressure as slightly raised. Apparently a Diastolic reading of 90 is higher than they like for a Diabetic I’m now on 1 x 2.5mg Ramipril a day. Anyway, I recently had my bloods & urine checks & I checked the results on the NHS app. It’s scared the life out of me because it mentions things like acute kidney disease, kidney failure & a whole host of things I just don’t understand. It was like Googling a symptom. I have a BP recheck tomorrow as I started the Ramipril only 3-weeks ago and I think it’s time I started asking some serious questions as they don’t seem to be telling me a lot.

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been on Ramipril for years with no ill effects - obviously still worth checking it out :)

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Thank you. I think I lost my way a bit with so much controversial information.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I went down the same route with an over zealous GP who prescribed Ramipril. This affected my Travel Insurance premium. I now test at home over several days/times and give my DN the results rather than an in-surgery test. My results are within range so i asked for the Ramipril to be stopped. I would suggest you to do your own x-checking without the Ramipril for a day or two.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you. I think I lost my way a bit with so much controversial information.
Do remember most medical things you Google will somehow lead towards the worse things ever, so must always be taken with a pinch of salt - you can look up 'sore finger' and if you follow enough things then it'll probably have cancer somewhere in there

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Hi. I went down the same route with an over zealous GP who prescribed Ramipril. This affected my Travel Insurance premium. I now test at home over several days/times and give my DN the results rather than an in-surgery test. My results are within range so i asked for the Ramipril to be stopped. I would suggest you to do your own x-checking without the Ramipril for a day or two.
I don’t know what x-checking is ?

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
I meant to say as well that I don’t Google anything medical, I was using it as a metaphor for the NHS App

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don’t know what x-checking is ?
Nor do I but assuming it mean checking your own blood pressure that's what I do as well. Get your own meter, Omron M2 basic was recommended by my GP and it is cheap, take a few readings when you are relaxed at home and take them in to your doctor.

Spirit01

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Medical term discussions
Thank you for your replies. Even with this I get confused because my very first DN told me that I didn’t need my own test equipment and when I suggested buying my own she told me it would be wasting money because I didn’t need one. I’ll bring this up with my new DN this morning. My previous DN told me to see the Dr because my blood pressure was slightly up but when I saw him he said that the results were absolutely fine & the Nurse was being over cautious. One tells you LCHF is the way forward and then another tells you about brown this, brown that, fruit, veg, fish, and so it goes on. Why can’t there just be 1 hymn sheet to sing from? Who knows, according to the news the rise in Diabetes is dramatic so perhaps the medical profession can look at this when COVID is sorted. If the facts are that it isn’t just overweight people who get this then please get it sorted