How am I doing?

Wicksby

90 day prick average of 7.4 and blood readings of 0.48 to 0.50 GPS nurse wasn't very impressed but I've held it at this level for 2 years thoughts please

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I've been type 1 for 46 yrs and I would be more than happy with them results , Not every one in the medical profession knows what their talking about .

Reactions: Wicksby

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Yes Goonergal I was going by the average of 7.4 but did wonder what the .48 - 50 was .

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
90 day prick average of 7.4 and blood readings of 0.48 to 0.50 GPS nurse wasn't very impressed but I've held it at this level for 2 years thoughts please
Depends on where you have started from and if you are type 2. The usual 'prick average' is done as an hba1c (under 48 or 6% considered to be good with 37 or 5% being non diabetic.
As type 1 I'd be delighted to be under 7 certainly but you may be able to do better as type 2 with diet in your tool box.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It would help if you could tell us a few things so people can help you. Are you a Type 2? Which diabetes meds do you take (if any) and what measurement units are your levels of 0.48 to 0.50? Is this your HbA1c and should it be 48 to 50?

Wicksby

Depends on where you have started from and if you are type 2. The usual 'prick average' is done as an hba1c (under 48 or 6% considered to be good with 37 or 5% being non diabetic.
As type 1 I'd be delighted to be under 7 certainly but you may be able to do better as type 2 with diet in your tool box.
Type 2