What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone on a day of quiet anticipation here in the dark and dangerous noth
The wonder wheel of cauliflower cheese and cauliflower greens sautéed with wild mushrooms, wild garlic and bacon came in at 4.8 this am.

A day of garden tasks yesterday and a bit of foraging. Managed to get the pump going in the water barrel trickle thing that plays havoc with the connection between ear and bladder. I could boast about my fettling skills but really it was the an aquatic version of ‘hit it with a hammer’. Couple of planters filled with the latest of Mrs Miggins’ purchases and then a walk round a local wood where wild garlic grows in abundance at this time of year - and sometimes edible fungi.

Youngest son tells me that they are now receiving orders from Airbus who seem to be ramping up production. I wonder when we will soon be forced onto electric planes or planes powered by govt hot air.

Another magnolia on some rice paper called Peach Mulberry - again 6 x 4. Have a fruity Friday - I shall have koffy.

View attachment 49409
Had a walk to the northern end of our hamlet. Just half mile there and back just one mile altogether. Mainly along the river, under the trees were wild garlic plants in flower, giving off a strong smell.
A dipper when it saw me, flew off low without calling.
Quite cold for mid May this am, we are having a cold Spring, must be the Icelandic eruption doing funny things! :)
The hawthorn is yet to come into flower and our Beech is just starting to show leaves.
D.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Had a walk to the northern end of our hamlet. Just half mile there and back just one mile altogether. Mainly along the river, under the trees were wild garlic plants in flower, giving off a strong smell.
A dipper when it saw me, flew off low without calling.
Quite cold for mid May this am, we are having a cold Spring, must be the Icelandic eruption doing funny things! :)
The hawthorn is yet to come into flower and our Beech is just starting to show leaves.
D.
Fabulous. I do like wild garlic - use the whole plant, flower and all. Good in salads, soups, stir fry and anything else you can think of. A very mild and subtle taste.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.7 today

up early and out to the weekly shop as is our habit, don't think I'll go back to 'normal' on that, it's worked better for us this way ;)

Green bin out when we got back then away we went to mum's with her shopping :)

Back home again and had to make a dive for the ringing phone when we came in. Just missed it, Oh Bother!
Next thing is my mobile ringing in the bag I'd dumped on the floor in order to head through to answer the landline, just missed it B***er! :(
Next thing a text incoming, 'please call the health centre about your second vaccine shot'
Called the Health Centre, engaged...mutter mutter....engaged ... mutter mutter :hilarious:
finally my shot is arranged for Friday afternoon :joyful:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@SlimLizzy - hope the bed situation is dried out for tonight but I'm glad Errant is enjoying being back :)

@Krystyna23040 - some progress back to 'normal' is happening :) sounds like a lot of work for you though.

@gennepher - interesting and colourful art, reminds me of an acrylic pour painting, Popeye casting a beady eye over your work I see :joyful:
I hope you are enjoying a relaxing 'me' day :)

@dunelm - I'm loving these latest paintings, today's has so much depth, they should be perfect for framing and display in the revamped hall :) there are some lovely textures in the varied paper's, I like the colour flecked ones especially, I might try getting some similar for ink and wash.

@Muddy Cyclist - the new trails look interesting and testing even if no views, perhaps if you are concentrating on speed and precision for competition a view is a distraction. Give me a view though ;)

art bit -
amongst the paper types I bought is some Hot Press (very smooth surface) Fabriano, I ordered it because I've never tried Hot Press and it was on offer :D

I have 20 quarter imperial sheets and it's probabaly enought to last me for a long time, it's not what I'm used to at all :hilarious:
300gsm 100% cotton, posh deckle edge on some sides and a whopping watermark

here is my first shot on it ;)

View attachment 49381
Thanks for the compliments @geefull
I hate those watermarks...
The hot press Fabriano is very effective for this particular flower. Brilliant!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not great art today, I lost my house keys and spent the whole afternoon looking for them. I had let myself in after ride so knew they must be in the house somewhere. Even emptied Brown, Green and Blue bins onto drive, YUK! I was about to give up and rush down to Screw Fix to get three new locks, UPVC doors easy to change locks, when something said just pull out the washing machine and drier, phew, there they were on the floor at the back, must have vibrated between counter top and washing machine.

So art is a rushed study of mountain biker in acrylics. Cafe on Cannock Chase wants an A1 size painting to put in the outside shed used by Mountain Bikers, will do some more on it and I have not got the bike proportions quite right and need more of a feeling of speed.

A3 Acrylics on canvas, a rough study......

View attachment 49382
Oh dear for emptying those wheelies to search for keys...
It is the worst.
Glad you found them @Muddy Cyclist
I love this painting.A very Futurism feel...I used to have a book on that period of painting but no idea what became of it...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now that's a thought. Perhaps I could suggest to class members that the perfect way for them to strengthen arms and legs would be for them to wash the floor after their clasvs.
That might work @Krystyna23040
I would seriously try it.
When I did Tai Chi many years ago in the Chinese Pagoda in Chinatown Liverpool, all of us students were responsible for clearing and cleaning the hall, and the kitchen at the end of class. This was in 1990's.
I don't see why not.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a very quiet and yellow glow beginning here in the dark and dangerous north.
The wonder wheel of chicken parmesan with a mixed salad came in at 5.8 this am. Should have gone for the smaller portion Mr Greedy.

Carpet ordered - nods of heads all round - ‘expert’ decision on current underlay not needing to be replaced. That’s saved at least five bob. It’s like receiving a CCJ and having it set aside.
Birthday early dinner treat for one of our nieces yesterday - 11th birthday so will be moving to secondary school next term - her class has already had a few visits from her new form teacher and will spend the final week of this term in their new class. Primary and secondary schools are next to each other so not far to go.

Magnolia trees in the park are bursting into flower so art for the next day or two will be trying to get the hang of them. This one is about 5 x 5 inches on a yellowish rice paper that I thought would hold white. Clouds are now burning away in the sky, have a great day, time for some koffy.

View attachment 49387
I love this yellow paper @dunelm
The Magnolias work very well with this paper...

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Found a better way to disguise eggs. Went into a new shop, in our little market town, called the Grape Tree. It had some really interesting stuff. Bought some organic chia seed protein powder which worked better than psyllium husks when mixed with eggs.

So had a sort of pancake topped with mascarpone cheese mixed with raspberries and inulin. It disguised the eggs perfectly. Not as high protein as whey but it made a nice firm pancake I could put the topping on.

I got pea protein also which is supposed to be good in soup.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.4 today

charity volunteering day today again, feels really tiring after so long away from it but we'll get used to it again and the exercise is beneficial ;)

Quite chilly again today and threatened rain all day but, since we were inside most of the day it didn't matter, felt sorry for the caravan dwellers though.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@Muddy Cyclist - lovely study, filled with life and colour. As for the two backgrounds I'm in agreement with you there, they are both well painted but the first probably matches the ethos of mountain biking better and has a pleasing strength :)

Glad you enjoyed your revisit to the bike trails, I must say that rock climbing looks like hard work ;)

@dunelm - lovely magnolias, the yellow paper makes a pleasing background and you have managed to capture the sort of heavy delicacy their petals have. We have only just got to the stage of apple/pear blossom on our trees here.

@lindisfel - sounds like an enjoyable morning trip ;)

@gennepher - that's a fantastic sketch but I'm sending a big hug for the tiring morning and the headache it caused :sorry:

art bit -

I think this is done on a piece of the Fabriano studio, the tape I used to tape it down didn't stick so it's wavy at the top as well as the bottom :D

View attachment 49400
Thank you for the big hug @geefull
It was very welcome.
Your painting is a great choppy sea. Brilliant!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a day of quiet anticipation here in the dark and dangerous noth
The wonder wheel of cauliflower cheese and cauliflower greens sautéed with wild mushrooms, wild garlic and bacon came in at 4.8 this am.

A day of garden tasks yesterday and a bit of foraging. Managed to get the pump going in the water barrel trickle thing that plays havoc with the connection between ear and bladder. I could boast about my fettling skills but really it was the an aquatic version of ‘hit it with a hammer’. Couple of planters filled with the latest of Mrs Miggins’ purchases and then a walk round a local wood where wild garlic grows in abundance at this time of year - and sometimes edible fungi.

Youngest son tells me that they are now receiving orders from Airbus who seem to be ramping up production. I wonder when we will soon be forced onto electric planes or planes powered by govt hot air.

Another magnolia on some rice paper called Peach Mulberry - again 6 x 4. Have a fruity Friday - I shall have koffy.

View attachment 49409
Wow! Love this paper @dunelm
Again it works well and shows off the magnolia.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you on her behalf. She's orf to the zoo - by appointment only. Lions and tigers now unionised. Very miffed when we face timed here en route - disturbed her watching Toy Story but she graciously tolerated us for a minute or two. She loves watching Madagascar so she may be ultra miffed when the animals don't sing and dance:woot:
And Happy Birthday from me @ianpspurs to Granddaughter!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I believe I have caught up...
I need a nap now...
Definitely getting ancient...
Still got to do a painting...
Sleep first zzzzzz...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

My painting for today. I was just playing with colours and I realised this was the same colours of a psychedelic outfit I wore in 1971. And so I left this as colours...

43E7B7EB-F940-44C5-8854-A8F3E668A5BF.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very early morning roll call.

Back into "work inner alarm" mode it seems.:rolleyes:

Yesterday started ok, fbg 6.3, which was nice n low, over recent months numbers
But day went downhill after that

Rather maudling post & Longish,
(More cathartic for me, really.,)
So feel free to skip to end for tl;dr details.

Recently began a new relationship.

She's bright, caring & way too good for me,

At first it was great, all smiles and lots of attention.

Ok I'll admit it........I was smitten.

The way she'd listen to me,

that hint of accent as she explained what she wants to do to me.......;)

....i was like a puppy, all wide eyed & desperate to please her

Those words of encouragement, her smile as she praised me...
( Did I say I was smitten )

But just lately it's all gone wrong.

Somehow that little bit of "Magic" has gone out of our relationship

God knows I've tried, but I can't hide it anymore...its time to call it a day.:sorry:

She was calling yesterday morning

So I practised my lines..
"It's not you, its me.. you've been great, I don't deserve you " type thing

Anyway, she calls.

A little chit chat, then she blind sided me.

SHE'S finishing with ME :wideyed:

"It's not you, it's ME, you've been great, but I don't think there's any more for us now...."

*** ....SHE'S finishing with ME. :wideyed::woot::arghh:

I nodded and said it was ok.
I'd be fine without her.

An utter lie,

as I felt the abandonment already as she cast me adrift

And it all started so well
Best physio I ever had

But I know she's right....we have little more to say to each other...it's time
Doesn't make that loss any easier to bear.

Yes, yes..I KNOW I was ending it anyway

But did you miss the headline bit..?
SHE broke up with ME...:arghh:

It really was great to a point, but the last few weeks recovery has stalled.
All exercises I can do bar one, and it's impacting me physically and mentally.

Realistically I wonder what's left for us to talk about..we've gone as far as we can

So, pre yesterday's appointment, I was rehearsing my lines and plans, like it was the ending of a relationship...( Which to be fair, it was really)

So sat listened & waited my moment ...

Doc broke up with ME, before I got the chance to say my piece.

Ends up she thought we'd gone as far as we could as well..I agreed before and at the time.

But afterwards, I felt bereft.
No more hand holding as I sail on alone.

It's the right thing to do, I know...but still...:sorry:

Right ankle still swollen a bit, that flexing of moving knee over foot, with heel flat on floor, NOT gone to plan.

Still too difficult to do, due to swelling I feel

Impacts most when descending stairs,

and while not even trying anything approaching running, I did have to break into a trot crossing the road the other day, as oncoming car went all "Death Race 2000" as he sped up to try n clip me, it seemed :rolleyes:

Right ankle yelped in pain :woot:

it's just SO not ready for my Olympic bid just yet :arghh:

Bottom line was, these things can take time, she suspects it may be months more, if even then, I can get the full movement back.

Time, patience and my dedication to exercising that ankle, holds the key. seemed to be her key pointers for me.

The reality is I am so much better off then I was in January, and way better off then so many others with real difficulties.

But it's still dragging me down, that almost 5 months later, I'm still having difficulties doing some daily tasks .:sorry:

But hey ho...is what it is, and now I've got that off my chest, I feel a little better.

Thanks for listening.:)

Tldr.

Right ankle still dodgy
Discharged from outpatients physio
The ship of life, sails on regardless

Wide awake at zero dark 30, it seems .:rolleyes::hilarious:

Dawn's lightened the sky,
Hope you all have the best
Day you can.:)
Gave a winner. BUT a hug as I can feel your frustration. Hang in there don't rush and take risks, time will sort this out.