3 monthly HbA1c results

SheilaCanning

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys, I can't thank you enough for all your advice. I was diagnosed in February with Type 2 diabetes. I had an HbA1c of 7.7 (60.7) and the diabetic nurse wanted to start me either a weekly Ozempic injection or Dapagliflozin tablets. I initially asked if I could try to get my levels down with diet and exercise and she said no and that she would call me after the weekend to see which medication I would choose. I came here feeling utterly overwhelmed.You gave me the strength to tell her no, I was going to try low carb eating and diet first. She said I would need to lose a stone and get down to 6.5 in 3 months or go on the medication.

I have lost 12 pounds - so nearly a stone which is pretty good going as I also started HRT which can result in weight gain.
And today I got my blood test results - HbA1c 6.2 (44.3).

I'm delighted. And low carb feels sustainable which is brilliant.

It's such a kindness to take the time to reassure new people and offer an alternative to try and I massively appreciate the support offered here. Thank you! And bring on the diabetic nurse appointment!

Reactions: andi2508

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!
Oh to be a fly on the wall for your nurse appt. :joyful:

Reactions: SheilaCanning

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I don't think anyone can complain about a 2 pound difference.. especially as you've beaten what they wanted on the HBA1c

so well done... keep up the good work...

More importantly do you feel better for it??

Reactions: SheilaCanning

OCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's brilliant. Well done! Especially starting the HRT at same time big changes and you smashed it !

SheilaCanning

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
More importantly do you feel better for it??

I do, yes. And it's such a relief. I still have some menopausal symptoms which are quite enough to be dealing with so I can really do without blood sugar issues too! It feels so good to have been proactive.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SheilaCanning , what a STAR.

BRILLIANT, and even more enjoyable stuffing the stuff n nonsense DN's face into a Large portion of humble pie.

Can't believe how intransigent they were.

CARING professional, my backside :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Savour the moment.

I'd agree, the power the knowledge on here gives us can't be overrated ...

But this was ALL you .

Your effort
Your reward

Enjoy :)