What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh dear for emptying those wheelies to search for keys...
It is the worst.
Glad you found them @Muddy Cyclist
I love this painting.A very Futurism feel...I used to have a book on that period of painting but no idea what became of it...
Thank you. The relief of finding keys was indescribable.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
sorry all no art. Spent the afternoon, chilly, in our garden putting the world to right and playing music. Worth being cold to enjoy NORMALITY! :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That might work @Krystyna23040
I would seriously try it.
When I did Tai Chi many years ago in the Chinese Pagoda in Chinatown Liverpool, all of us students were responsible for clearing and cleaning the hall, and the kitchen at the end of class. This was in 1990's.
I don't see why not.
What good students you were. I am really impressed.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

My painting for today. I was just playing with colours and I realised this was the same colours of a psychedelic outfit I wore in 1971. And so I left this as colours...

View attachment 49418
Fabulous colours. Brings back memories of tie-dye in the kitchen. They still sell such things in Haight-Ashbury I think.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

My digital painting in Procreate for today.
Started it last night. Four hours later despaired of it. Despaired that I was actually able to paint. Despaired of my uselessness at painting...despaired of everything. Nearly deleted it. This morning started again at 3 am on it. At 4:30 finished it...went back to sleep...woke up at 6 am!

Now I am hungry...

EB3AC719-7294-464F-9D99-BCC4D6239FA3.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on an up far too early Saturday morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Swedish meatballs and a fair stab at making that accompanying sauce (now that Ikea have published it) came in at 5.8 this am - note to self - have a spoon of Lingonberry jam OR a few skinny chips in future. Better still, stop messing about.

Cold yesterday - a bit of ‘arranging’ in the garden - I got my favourite garden bench back to where is ought to be when drinking tea in the early morning sun. Mrs Miggins needed a mitre block yesterday but could we find it? Must be hiding with that very small adjustable spanner that was so handy. Had to show her how to use the handle of a saw to get the 45° angle - wow! Just found out how to get the degree symbol on my IPad. Massive achievement - take the day off.

Another magnolia today but not all that happy with it. Never mind. Hope that your Saturday treats you well. Early koffy time.

upload_2021-5-15_6-23-15.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Started it last night. Four hours later despaired of it. Despaired that I was actually able to paint. Despaired of my uselessness at painting...despaired of everything. Nearly deleted it. This morning started again at 3 am on it. At 4:30 finished it...went back to sleep...woke up at 6 am!

Now I am hungry...

View attachment 49422
Big win for the word perseverance. I got like that yesterday afternoon with my magnolias - one straight in the bin and one that I had to walk away from - posted it, but not pleased about it. Is there a memory involved in this one?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on an up far too early Saturday morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Swedish meatballs and a fair stab at making that accompanying sauce (now that Ikea have published it) came in at 5.8 this am - note to self - have a spoon of Lingonberry jam OR a few skinny chips in future. Better still, stop messing about.

Cold yesterday - a bit of ‘arranging’ in the garden - I got my favourite garden bench back to where is ought to be when drinking tea in the early morning sun. Mrs Miggins needed a mitre block yesterday but could we find it? Must be hiding with that very small adjustable spanner that was so handy. Had to show her how to use the handle of a saw to get the 45° angle - wow! Just found out how to get the degree symbol on my IPad. Massive achievement - take the day off.

Another magnolia today but not all that happy with it. Never mind. Hope that your Saturday treats you well. Early koffy time.

View attachment 49423
We all struggle sometimes with painting @dunelm
If it is a digital painting, my best bet is to go to sleep for a bit....
It is still a good painting, and the bird too.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Big win for the word perseverance. I got like that yesterday afternoon with my magnolias - one straight in the bin and one that I had to walk away from - posted it, but not pleased about it. Is there a memory involved in this one?
Thank you @dunelm
Yes, several memories, I think that is why it was hard. I got too emotional last night...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Now I am hungry...

View attachment 49422
I gave a winner for the art and for facing up to what often challenges us all. Strange how emotional memories can effect how we feel about our creativity for better or worse. Painting is full of feeling and I hope you can now see how pleasing the result is.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 49423
A Whoops for the BG numbers. An Empathy for the messy creativity day in your art. However the Magnolia turned out pleasing enough and undoubtably some lessons learnt.

Tools hide and move about in our house and shed also. I'm convinced they misunderstand the meaning of Fo It Yourself. :)

Reactions: ianpspurs