What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All
Disappointing 6.5 as Mr Codefree, Mr Libre allegedly would have given me a 5 if he hadnt decided to climb the hill an hour before I got up. @Freema you hot outa the 7s so yay! @nutribolt good A1c not surprising about high levels in the day, take care.
@Andydragon don’t know how you keep it so steady (she says with a green tinge ;))
Happy Saturday All.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 today, best for a long time. I hope it’s not just a blip.
I’ve been absent for a couple of days so just seen your news @nutribolt and I’m so sorry to hear about Magic. Losing a pet leaves such a gaping hole in your heart I know. Well done on your blood results, especially as things have been so difficult recently, you’ve worked so hard.
@ianpspurs any day is sea swimming day - any day I can persuade someone to come with me. Hopefully today as we’ve come away for the weekend to a cottage on the coast.
@PenguinMum vaccine effect? I’m often amazed at how steep and sudden the DP rise is too.
Have a good weekend everyone.

Reactions: OCat and ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, all.

5.7 yesterday and 4.9 today (after too much wine). I am planning on very little food today, maybe a small steak later today to see if it helps.

@nutribolt -- Good blood test results (both on blood sugars and lipids).
@PenguinMum -- Hugs. I agree with @DJC3, the higher levels are probably due to the vaccination.
@ianpspurs -- Thanks for your kind words. Hope you too will soon be back in your usual 4s.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Libre is poorly - Er 3s and Er 9s interspersed with Skyscraper numbers and is going back to Abbott but waste not want not I checked and it was 5.4. Maybe 2 hrs later than usual and quite possible. Congratulations on holding the line in trying times with all that blood work @nutribolt. I hope you find a swimming pal @DJC3 and enjoy your break. Thanks for the kind wishes @ziggy_w and yay for being back in 4 land. Take the Libre's 5 @PenguinMum. Missed a few folk - sorry.

Last edited:

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.2 at 09:20, had my favourite curry from the local Indian restaurant last night and forgot my single Metformin for the day yesterday also.

No work or running today, long run planned for tomorrow.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nasty 9 again had the results of my blood test as expected a rise in my HbA1c now 66 which is highest its been . Rest of results all good so that's good . Now to get my carbs in control :rolleyes: I thought 66 was that higest that it had been but it was 69 a few yrs ago .

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967 and OCat

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nasty 9 again had the results of my blood test as expected a rise in my HbA1c now 66 which is highest its been . Rest of results all good so that's good . Now to get my carbs in control :rolleyes:
Great attitude. We're all rooting for you. We know this girl can

Reactions: OCat and DJC3

OCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Steady fall from 6.2 to 5.4 over past few days. I did a 90min Saturday bike ride today & ate an oat cake at about 60 mins & didn’t spike after I finished like I normally do. I sort of care about spiking and sort of don’t. If it’s this easy for me to avoid then I’m going to roll with it, also I was able to sustain intensity longer. Run out of strips so no more experiments! @ziggy_w that’s hilarious I now fee a lot better about prioritising cycling over cleaning good luck with your purge day have a great weekend everyone

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Nasty 9 again had the results of my blood test as expected a rise in my HbA1c now 66 which is highest its been . Rest of results all good so that's good . Now to get my carbs in control :rolleyes:
This has been an unbelievably hard time for everyone so glad all other results good and onwards and upwards, think I mean downwards.

Reactions: Ryhia and ianpspurs

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Libre is poorly - Er 3s and Er 9s interspersed with Skyscraper numbers and is going back to Abbott but waste not want not I checked and it was 5.4. Maybe 2 hrs later than usual and quite possible. Congratulations on holding the line in trying times with all that blood work @nutribolt. I hope you find a swimming pal @DJC3 and enjoy your break. Thanks for the kind wishes @ziggy_w and yay for being back in 4 land. Take the Libre's 5 @PenguinMum. Missed a few folk - sorry.
Thanks again Ian. What is it with Libre what a diva!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, 4.25 dawned and my body decreed I awake, arise (or be forever fallen) Treated a couple of Tee 2 strips to some blood - 5.3. Unusual to have 2, on different hands, the same but meh. Sub 5.6 threshold so hunky dory - maybe baby?. It's a lark this T2 control via diet. If I live to be as old as Methuselah (the person, not the wine consumption in parts of the west country;)) I'll never understand it.

Last edited: