My profiles with the Libre - Eating moderate carbs

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Put it on last night, didn't realise I had to wait an hour to get going but soon got the hang of it.
I set my range from 3.9 to 7.8 which I realise is tight but I felt like braving it.

Breakfast was a bacon & egg butty with acouple of choclate biscuits to wash down the end of my coffee, approx 50g carbs.
Lunch was a toastie with a bag of crisps & a coke zero, approx 42g carbs.
Dinner was a Thai red curry with rice & naan bread, approx 75g carbs.

Libre Day 1.PNG

Libre Average.PNG

My first takeaway is how low I go, especially during the night.
That 2.9 at 6am couldn't have been a compression low as I slept on my back.
I got up then & let the dog out to do his business, by the time I came back to bed it scanned in the 4s so who knows.
No evidence of DP which matches what my meter had been telling me, my normal fastings are in the low 4s.

The postpriandials were an eye opener, I'd normally test at 1 hour & 2 hour, now I see I was missing the spike at 30 mins.
One thing that impressed me was how fast I do come down, nice to know it still works.
I did check one 3.7 scan against my meter & got a 4.0 so it seemed accurate enough, also my 2 hour postpriandials looked very familiar.

My insulin sensitivity seemed to increase throughout the day with the largest carb meal having the lowest spike.
I have to say I'm very impressed with this device, to think what previous generations had to rely on we are lucky to be living in these times.

I'd love any feedback & advice on what to try in my next 13 days.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Put it on last night, didn't realise I had to wait an hour to get going but soon got the hang of it.
I set my range from 3.9 to 7.8 which I realise is tight but I felt like braving it.

Breakfast was a bacon & egg butty with acouple of choclate biscuits to wash down the end of my coffee, approx 50g carbs.
Lunch was a toastie with a bag of crisps & a coke zero, approx 42g carbs.
Dinner was a Thai red curry with rice & naan bread, approx 75g carbs.

View attachment 49449
View attachment 49450

My first takeaway is how low I go, especially during the night.
That 2.9 at 6am couldn't have been a compression low as I slept on my back.
I got up then & let the dog out to do his business, by the time I came back to bed it scanned in the 4s so who knows.
No evidence of DP which matches what my meter had been telling me, my normal fastings are in the low 4s.

The postpriandials were an eye opener, I'd normally test at 1 hour & 2 hour, now I see I was missing the spike at 30 mins.
One thing that impressed me was how fast I do come down, nice to know it still works.
I did check one 3.7 scan against my meter & got a 4.0 so it seemed accurate enough, also my 2 hour postpriandials looked very familiar.

My insulin sensitivity seemed to increase throughout the day with the largest carb meal having the lowest spike.
I have to say I'm very impressed with this device, to think what previous generations had to rely on we are lucky to be living in these times.

I'd love any feedback & advice on what to try in my next 13 days.

Hi,

When I used to have a dog? (Died last year he was 18.) I found a liver dump with "nill by mouth" after the walk & prep for work jump by "aprox" 3mmol?

In my experience (I use a CGM set up.) testing with the meter has a 20 minute lag? A snapshot in time 20 minutes ago..
Libres. I count 20 minutes or 4 dots representing the linear time scale back on the graph. If within 0.6mmol? I'm happy with the accuracy.. With the Libre sub 4. It's slower to register the rise than the meter or even how I feel comming up from my hypos.

I hope this helps you on your experiment. :)

Reactions: Ronancastled

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Are you checking these readings with finger pricks?
Many of us find Libre need a few days to bed in.
If I activate my sensor the day I insert it, the first 2 or 3 days are wasted as they are completely unreliable.
This may well be the reason for your night time low.

Mu advice to try over the next 13 days is to check with finger pricks once a day when your levels are level.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

When I used to have a dog? (Died last year he was 18.)

What a fantastic age for a dog, I've a huge soft spot for them.
Thanks for the heads up about the readings.
I was thinking of taking more finger pricks but then realised the lag so left it at that that.

Mu advice to try over the next 13 days is to check with finger pricks once a day when your levels are level.
The 2 hour PPs I saw were indicative of what my meter has been telling me for months so I believe that's accurate.

sgm14

That 2.9 at 6am couldn't have been a compression low

There is no record of any insulin injections on your record, so I assume you are not taking any. Are you on any medication? If not, then I thought the general consensus was that you wouldn't normally get hypos.

No evidence of DP ..

What is DP? The only thing I can think is Diabetic Patient, and with your BS never going about 7.5, I kinda wonder if that was what you meant -)

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
There is no record of any insulin injections on your record, so I assume you are not taking any. Are you on any medication? If not, then I thought the general consensus was that you wouldn't normally get hypos.

What is DP? The only thing I can think is Diabetic Patient, and with your BS never going about 7.5, I kinda wonder if that was what you meant -)

Dawn Phenomenon! x

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Ronancastled, I find that the first 24 hours ALWAYS reads lower and looks a bit like yours. So much so that when my Consultant did a phone review, he said 'Do you fast every second Wednesday'?, I had no idea what he meant and then afterwards I realised that was the day I changed my sensor. Your numbers look great, do they fit with your last hb1ac? Keep posting your results! x

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Wonderful tool for T2s as well. I was able to optimize meal, macro and exercise timing. Learned that my stressful job was spiking me as much as diet.

I wear one once every few months, or when something in my life changes. I think every T2 should at least wear one or two, just to get to know themselves better

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So there's last night, still low all the way through.
Good to see my morning coffee with milk didn't move the meter.
Morning.PNG

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you sure you’re T2 diabetic?;)

Well it currently estimates my average glucose at 4.2mmol/L
That would equate to an A1c of 23 or 4.3% old money.
a1c libre.PNG

Think I'll have to give it a day or 2 like suggested above.
No way a T2 in remission or otherwise could be that low eating 200g of carbs per day.
I have a lab A1c due next month so it's going to be an interesting comparison.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Todays profile.
Only ate 2 meals so not much to see.
I had coffee with milk at 8am & 10am, neither seemed to affect my BG.

Libre may 17.PNG

According to my data I spend 32% of my time below 3.9mmol/L, perhaps this will rectify tomorrow once calibration improves.

Snapshot 1.PNG

MandieA

Are you checking these readings with finger pricks?
Many of us find Libre need a few days to bed in.
If I activate my sensor the day I insert it, the first 2 or 3 days are wasted as they are completely unreliable.
This may well be the reason for your night time low.

Thanks for that, I just got my free libre 2 today and was concerned that the readings are about 2mmol/l out from finger prick test. I'll keep an eye on it x

Reactions: In Response

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So after 5 days of readings I got my Ambulatory Glucose Profile & projected HbA1c

AGP.PNG

Libre A1c.png

above 7.8.PNG

Seems great but I've doubts about it's accuracy.
My low readings <4 are actually about 0.5mmol/L higher when tested against a finger stick.
Conversely my spikes are about 1.0 to 1.5mmol/L lower even allowing for the 15min lag.
Ate my lunch today I took a finger measurement of 7.1 at 45 mins, the one hour scan was 8.3.
But I suppose it's not an exact science but I'd still believe my meter more often as it's been bang on with lab results before.
Even with the questionable spikes it says I've only spent 1% of the time above 7.8 & I'm pleased with that, especially as I'm not particularly low carb.

I'm due a new lab A1c in June so it's going to be interesting.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tonight, during the Champions League Final, my sensor 14 days came to an end.
I'm seriously going to miss it, amazing device, we live in great times.

Not sure why my average glucose is 4.6 yet my HbA1c is 34, that doesn't corelate but I've labs due next month so we'll see.
The app on my phone tells me my estimated A1c is 26 so it's a bit odd.

watch.PNG
watch 2.PNG

Any feedback would be appreciated.