What are you doing now and humorous banter.

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Hello Sharon,welcome to the forum,my 1st jab gave me hot an cold shivers,slight headache,elevated sugars to 15mm normally 6mm,that lasted a day the more or less back to normal,2nd jab no effects at all
Hope things settle down for you as well…ps I took 2 paracetamol just before jab and 2 4 hours later which I think helped

Reactions: Cumberland

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
How is everyone
@Cumberland ….we are both fine, how are you?…..and how is little Wispa :)
Have got a job interview tomorrow so hoping all goes well …..is literally a two minute walk from home…found it by chance when helping Clive to look for a part time job….interview is via Zoom so don’t even need to leave my kitchen table.
Hope everyone else is ok :)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All OK here ty, how are you and the family?

Waiting in for another tradesperson, the bathroom sink is leaking :bored:

No babysitting for a week just my usual Wednesday afternoon playdate.

Lounge looking more like normal now. Dvds in situ. Just the carpet and my 2 bumblebee pictures to arrive and we're good to go. (It's my 15th wedding anniversary in September and hubby wanted to buy me something to treasure so I opted for 2 pictures of bumblebees. Yes I know 15th is crystal but I can buy a whisky tumbler at any time.;) )

I bid you all good day, I'm off to read my book

Reactions: Clivethedrive

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
IMG_1867.jpg
bed and breakfast

Reactions: wolfie11969

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All quiet in Wolfie's world. Have been popping into the forum but my nights are taken up with babysitting so pretty tired come the daytime.

My lounge is now finished an looks nice and fresh. Just 2 pictures to go u that huby bought me for our 15th wedding anniversary in September. And a new nest of tables to be put together.

Had both vaccines now so hoping things progress so we can still have our holiday away late September to Spain. If not well we might have 2 holidays away next year.

I hope people are enjoying the weather. Ours hasnt been too bad, I'm trying to sit in the sun to get a bit of a tan but one or more of the neighbours deciede that we need to hear their music as well as them s it doesnt make for enjoyable afternoons.

Hope to see a few of you popping by

Reactions: TooSweetForMe

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Good Day peeps, just went for interview for coach driving job…….got the job start on Monday,

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Havent done much over the past couple of weeks.
Had a relative die suddenly so funeral next month.
Babysitting a lot. Taking the wee one off to a conservation park next week. I feel confident that I can keep on top of her insulin pump but mom is on standby if we need her. We are taking her across into Birmingham so about 10 miles from home. As well as the pump she now has a Libre sensor which I'm hoping will make our job easier. Its the first time we have taken her out since she was diagnosd in April 2020. Wish me luck.

On another note my younger daughter now has a month before baby is due. She finishes work next week so she will also be borrowing books to get her through the days hubby is at work.

I hope you are all well and keeping busy

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Yes job’s going very well , this company has 3 34 seaters a 19 seat and a 16 seat coaches all euro6 class which means they are not charged ulez in an out of London etc.
HAILSTONE TRAVEL is their name about 9 miles from where we live.
Sad to hear death in your family,hope all goes well for funeral.

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hello friends I haven’t been on here for a while

Hoping you’re all keeping well

Last Thursday I had quite a big shock - I had a heart attack driving northbound on the M6, I managed to get to Tebay services 2 miles away I didn’t want to stop on the hard shoulder

At the services I got out the car made it to a picnic table but fell off the chair onto the grass

Everything was a bit hazy but many people helped me

There was a lady doctor and an off duty paramedic

An off duty policeman was in charge he dispersed the crowd of onlookers but he asked anyone with medical knowledge to step forward - no one did so I was lucky the doctor and paramedic attended to me I was given 4 aspirin one by one with water I managed to take them then the doctor told the policeman to phone 999

The policeman then sent a member of the public to go inside the services get a manager and ask if they had a defribrilator

The manager arrived with the defibrillator and a first aider

The ambulance arrived and they took over

I owe my life to those people at Tebay

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Oh Cumberland what a shock,glad you realised something was very wrong and you took action to get in a position to get help,it is without doubt we will all of us need help at some stage,especially us diabetics
Here’s to a complete recovery to you,molly56 and I send our love and best wishes to you and your wife,how’s she taking this?

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello friends I haven’t been on here for a while

Hoping you’re all keeping well

Last Thursday I had quite a big shock - I had a heart attack driving northbound on the M6, I managed to get to Tebay services 2 miles away I didn’t want to stop on the hard shoulder

At the services I got out the car made it to a picnic table but fell off the chair onto the grass

Everything was a bit hazy but many people helped me

There was a lady doctor and an off duty paramedic

An off duty policeman was in charge he dispersed the crowd of onlookers but he asked anyone with medical knowledge to step forward - no one did so I was lucky the doctor and paramedic attended to me I was given 4 aspirin one by one with water I managed to take them then the doctor told the policeman to phone 999

The policeman then sent a member of the public to go inside the services get a manager and ask if they had a defribrilator

The manager arrived with the defibrillator and a first aider

The ambulance arrived and they took over

I owe my life to those people at Tebay

oh gosh Cumberland, what a shock.

Good to hear you're well enough to post.

Please look after yourself

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
It was a 40 mile drive to Carlisle at one point I was aware of the paramedics radio for the air ambulance as Tebay is remote, but the air ambulance was on another emergency and couldn’t attend

I was given morphine in the ambulance

What a nightmare

Anyways they fitted a stent into the central artery of my hear

The heart attack I had was called a STEMI I googled it and didn’t like what I read

I have been discharged and Im at home in my own bed

Thankful to the people at Tebay

Thankful to the ambulance crew

Thankful to A&E and the cardiac team who fitted the stent

Thankful to the coronary care unit who nursed me

Reactions: Clivethedrive

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Enjoying the delights of orsett manor spa hotel,after visiting rhs Hyde hall ,lovely grounds
IMG_1928.jpg
now enjoying cream tea at orsett manor
Hope all you peeps are well
It is our 3rd wedding anniversary today‍♂️♀️

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My house is a mess as I'm having a bathroom and kitchen renovation.

Bathroom wall collapsed so I'm down to bare brick. Most my bathroom is in my spare bedroom. Most my kitchen is in the dining room. Mess everywhere but they did say upt 15 days for one then a weeks break then they will start the other.

Any good isdeas what I can eat when they gut my kitchen?

Reactions: SlimLizzy

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
My house is a mess as I'm having a bathroom and kitchen renovation.

Bathroom wall collapsed so I'm down to bare brick. Most my bathroom is in my spare bedroom. Most my kitchen is in the dining room. Mess everywhere but they did say upt 15 days for one then a weeks break then they will start the other.

Any good isdeas what I can eat when they gut my kitchen?

How about a gazebo in the gardenhire it for 14 days should cover youView attachment 50376this would keep you dry……..just need something to cook with …job doneView attachment 50377how about this cheap oven grill and two pan rings ?

Last edited:

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Sorry I havent been around.

@Cumberland how is yor recovery going at the moment?
@Clivethedrive and @Molly56 what did you do for your anniversary and how is the new job going?

Everyone else I hope you're well.

In my neck of the woods I'm babysitting a lot for work and leisure reasons. I dont mind, I take a book, put the tv on and sit whilst I have the 4 year old plays around me

On Tuesday I became a nanna again to a beautiful baby boy. He is my daughter and son in laws first child and my first grandson. I'm off to meet him on Friday and will be taking my eldest daughter and the 2 granddaughters to meet him. We're not stopping long as babies need lots of attention at that age. My daughter did well, she was in labour 6 hours after being induced and baby came into the world. I believe the name of choice is Killian Anthony Brian. Killian is a name they will shorten to Kili (a Hobbit character), Anthony is a name that was my dad, is my name (female version for me), my husband's middle name, my stepson's middle name, my father in law's name, my son in law's middle name and his dad's middle name. And Brian is my ex father in law's name, my daughter's grandfather who passed away a while back now.

Has anyone been watching the Olympics? I must say I've been impressed with the competitors this time around. It seems certain categories have opened up due to previous competitors retiring. I especially liked the 2 high jumpers asking if they could have a gold medal each instead of having a showdown. Both got their gold.

Our holiday had to change from Spain due to the holiday company not flying out there now. So we are now supposed to be going to Malta (which was our first choice 18 months ago). We have to go from Heathrow so will be travelling through the night and sleeping on the plane, hopefully. I'm hoping it all goes ahead but I'm also thinking it might not depending on both govts.

Have a good week everyone. I'm off to read my book. Still reading the colonial India one. (I have read others in between but I'm finding it hard to concentrate. I think I have another 400 pages of 1000 to read)

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Wow, Congratulations on new grandson,Killian,more baby sitting
Molly56 and I spent a couple of days at Orsett hall hotel
IMG_2034.jpg
I managed to get a recreation of her wedding bouquet delivered to our hotel room before we got there.
Molly was suitably impressed
New job’s for both of us..molly is now working at care home across the rd , she does about 16 hrs a week and is loving it,l am also working part time about 20 hrs a week for Hailstone travel,driving 16 seater mini coach and 8 seater Ford Torneo when required,which is suiting us both.
Yes watching olympics,our lot are doing very well,to get into 4th place in medals table is very impressive
Funny init….looks like Malta after all…you’ll love it great place very friendly people