Libre 2 high/low alarms. Librelink on android.

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s very useful to get these alarms. But how often does it repeat?

OK, so I know I’m high, but I don’t need to be told every 5 minutes (in fact its extremely annoying), especially when I know it will be back to normal in about 60 mins.

Can you change the frequency that it reports high/low?

Also, what it the scheduled reminder switch on the librelink software?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It will keep alerting you until it's got your attention! You do that by scanning to see the reading. Then AFAIK it won't alert you in that direction until it's been back in range and gone out of range again. Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Zinadane

Richard F

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My complaint is its bloody loud, especially at night, plus it takes multiple swipes, particularly though a thick jacket to get a reading. (Samsung handset)

Next time I start a sensor I'm going back to the supplied freestyle reader, I can operate it one handed whilst wearing gloves.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I did point out in another by thread that the alarms are just audio files, which in theory you should be able to swap out for ones you like.

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use mine set on vibrate only. Which is fine.
It then links through to my garmin watch, which useful. However, on the watch the display is very obvious to other nearby people, who will see and overreact to seeing low or high glucose messages coming up on your watch face

peat5961

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It can be annoying when you know why it’s high & it keeps going off

I just turn the high alarm off for a bit if it’s a meal were the carbs have spiked the level up & the insulin has not got it down yet

You say you use a Garmin watch with your phone & libre 2 may I asks which Garmin ( model ) I’m looking for a new watch that will work with my Libre 2 please

Zinadane

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Vivoactive 3, but tbh I think most smart watches will take the librelink notification from your phone.
Garmin head unit on my bicycle is great too. It will flag up alarms. Especially useful on long hard rides.