My memory is terrible. Sometimes I forget what I JUST posted! :shock:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
My memory is terrible. Sometimes I forget what I JUST posted! :shock:

Roman

Hi All

I'm 55 and type 2 and was prescribed Metformin and Simvastatin around 8 years ago. I had a major memory problem 5 years ago which I was convinced was due to the statins. My GP was extremely reluctant to believe that statins were the culprit and tried to blame it on age, stress - anything but statins. He even sent me for a head CT when I insisted there was a problem !

Needless to say the CT was clear ! He also changed my statin to a rosuvastatin (Crestor) to humour me as much as anything and my memory returned. Of course the side effects (joint pain, insomnia, hair loss) from that statin were even worse ! Junked the statins now and much better thanks.

hallii

Errr, how do you know if you have memory loss?

I don't think I have but then I sometimes can't remember a name or something.

If I did have memory loss how would I remember how good my memory was before I had memory loss?

H

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi halli, good example of mine is need clean fresh teatowel, walk upstairs to my airing cupboard and actually stand 'staring' at the pile of clean fresh teatowels "totally blank in memory" !!!! :shock: :shock: Come backdownstairs and then see sink, old teatowel, walk back upstairs "chanting teatowel" to myself terrified to forget it again. Get mission accomplished this way only!
Its scary to have memory loss like this....
I do take preglablin for neuropathy in my feet and blame some of my memory loss on this drug.
It is listed as a strong side effect, but I cant do without them with extreme painful feet.
My memory loss is quick and short given the short walk upstairs to the airing cupboard! Then remember as soon as see sink again - weird I know!
Anna.x :)

ORPHAPINN

donnellysdogs said:
Hi I AM HAVING VERY POOR MEMORY LOST, IT SCARY ME VERY MUCH, I AM UNABLE TO WORK, I AM A SCIENTIST, I SO I CANT BE IN THE LAB, MY DOCTOR STOP ME FROM GOING TO THE SHOPS ON MY OWN CAUSE I AM GOING HOME WITH THINGS I CANT REMEMBER WHERE I GET THEM FROM

Seen a fair few postings where people have mentioned 'memory loss'.

As a diabetic (type 1, 25 years and now using a pump) how many of us think we have some memory loss compared to non diabetics?

Myself, I have had poor short term memory for 8+ years now, and it does really bug me that I have to write everything down all the time.

I would just be interested to know how many others think they have short term memory loss, and what type of diabetes they have, and how long.

I know there will be the normal wit, of 'I can't remember!!!!', and I 'm not doing a study of it, just interested to know how us diabetics fare with this subject.....

foxglove

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders - especially the big black ones!
Forgot what I was going to say!! ... :think:

Roberta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ive had diabetes foand ive been for 9 years and ive been on the insulin pump for 3. my memory has got increasingly bad, im only 17 but recently ive been having more hypos than usually which i think has triggered it. Its really annoying at times because i'll forget ive put insulin in then go to put some more in then look back on my pump history and realised ive already done it. i just hope it doesnt get any worse!!!

Sugar pie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
banana's, fake people,
I've been type 1 for 26years and on a pump for the last 18months. I have definately noticed a big a big change in my memory loss. I am only 31 and it scares me a great deal. I often forget what I was talking about mid way through sentence or words to describe things. I have recently been diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome and prescribled doxososin and propranolol for high blood pressure and migraines. Last september I also had two blood transfusion to treat anaemia. Also since being on the pump I have managed to bring my HbA1C down from 14.7% to 6.3% but now have daily hypos. Other than these minor problems I am generally healthy. :D

Roberta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
im quite similar, my HbA1c use to be 12 now ive gotton it down to 6.7 but i get really bad headaches, i get my words muddled up and sometimes put insulin i twice because ive forgotton ive put some in. im also anemic. ive asked my doctor about memory loss but he said it cant be caused my diabetes :|