What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great jab is not causing you any discomfort. Another amazing mountain scene good detail and wash in your unique style.
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist. I was advised to take paracetamol before the jab and for a day or so after - as with insurance policies, we don’t know about the events that never happened - so to speak.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.8 for me today. A meal of Chicken Espaniol (Mrs Mc will not share the recipe with me) served with Cauliflower Cheese and green Veg.

Son and new partner came for a meal last night, good relaxed evening.

A day of peace, broken by a Zoom get together with the West Gallery Quire after lunch, we should have been singing in the Choire Masters Garden but weather not being friendly.

1 am Signing a GOV partition asking them to review the rule to allow more than 6 singing indoors.

Keep safe find some stillness in your day.
Dreadful when top chefs won’t spill the beans. If Ikea can publish the recipe for their Swedish meatballs and accompanying sauce then it should be a free for all. Good luck with the petition.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The internetty do daa seems to have swallowed some key pieces of information and art. Apologies @Krystyna23040 for not wishing you and that poor, benighted Mr K a safe journey to and splendid stroll/billy whizz dash in your case around Sherringham Park, followed by light bites and beverages. There also appears to have been a magical piece of art @gennepher. Anything else I missed, sorry.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
The internetty do daa seems to have swallowed some key pieces of information and art. Apologies @Krystyna23040 for not wishing you and that poor, benighted Mr K a safe journey to and splendid stroll/billy whizz dash in your case around Sherringham Park, followed by light bites and beverages. There also appears to have been a magical piece of art @gennepher. Anything else I missed, sorry.

You shall be shot at dawn............a most obligingly lady me and me's have heard, but in your case probably not hehehehe TTFN

Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.

6.25am FBG 5.1

arrived safely in good order despite the stressful delays. The ferry company who cancelled our sailing on the 20th had only re-issued one ticket, on the 21st, for MrSlim. So there I was at the ferry port, after a long and tiring journey pulling a trailer, with no ticket. It took 45 mins to sort me out a new ticket. Never mind that they then decided to search the car. That was no surprise as they were searching most of the vehicles. I wonder if they will continue with that once there are more people travelling?

French customs were easier. Just a couple of questions and off you go.

After nearly seven months away the garden is overgrown, as expected. But i was dismayed at the amount of mouse and rat mess in the kitchen. They had tunnelled in under the walls. Hopefully Errant will catch, or at least deter any further trespassers.

MrSlim was re-united with his mower and predictably it broke down.

Errant was agitated, following us about until he remembered where to hide. After a couple of hours sleep he is a newly confident animal. However the neighbour cat rejected his friendly greetings and spat at him through the door, so i rejected her with a pint of cold water. This morning she decided not to come to the door.

One of the rodent entry points
20210522_101928.jpg

MrSlim in his element
20210522_115327.jpg

Back home and loving it
20210522_115528.jpg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

6.25am FBG 5.1

arrived safely in good order despite the stressful delays. The ferry company who cancelled our sailing on the 20th had only re-issued one ticket, for MrSlim. So there I was at the ferry port, after a long and tiring journey pulling a trailer, with no ticket. It took 45 mins to sort me out a new ticket. Never mind that they then decided to search the car. That was no surprise as they were searching most of the vehicles. I wonder if they will continue with that once there are more people travelling?

After nearly seven months away the garden is overgrown, as expected. But i was dismayed at the amount of mouse and rat mess in the kitchen. They had tunnelled in under the walls. Hopefully Errant will catch, or at least deter any further incursions.

Errant was agitated, following us about until he remembered where to hide. After a couple of hours sleep he is a newly confident animal. However the neighbour cat rejected his friendly greetings and spat at him through the door, so i rejected her with a pint of cold water. This morning she decided not to come to the door.

View attachment 49554View attachment 49555View attachment 49556
Glad you made it safe and sound despite the inevitability of ticket mess ups and car searches. Hope the opening up of the house goes well.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who nearly qualify as members of the nearly human race.......on your marks, get set....bang.

A gentle 7.1 this morning on that grrrrrr meter.

This next paragraph ( other graphs available from all adequate mathematicians ).
Low Carb and me.
Low carb does not work for me, it leaves me feeling weak and lacking in energy, ruining my precious and gifted day. This I have found through bitter experience and much experimentation.
I need a small amount of carbs to help my body function. Please don't ask me to list the food stuff or quantities. Most high carb food stuffs are cooked then frozen, then used as required. Pasta, rice and ordinary bread are avoided at all costs along with all high sugar foods apart from fresh fruit.

What I also do is listen to what my body is telling me and if necessary supplement my diet with ( shock, horror ) digestive biscuits when I have miscalculated.
I avoid discussion with low carb zealots and just get on with my life rolling with the punches and knock backs trying not to let diabetes rule my life. My time is to precious to me to dwell on diabetes.
Here endeth today's preaching.

Now I must go and have some fun, stay safe, stay well and stay apart.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

6.25am FBG 5.1

arrived safely in good order despite the stressful delays. The ferry company who cancelled our sailing on the 20th had only re-issued one ticket, on the 21st, for MrSlim. So there I was at the ferry port, after a long and tiring journey pulling a trailer, with no ticket. It took 45 mins to sort me out a new ticket. Never mind that they then decided to search the car. That was no surprise as they were searching most of the vehicles. I wonder if they will continue with that once there are more people travelling?

After nearly seven months away the garden is overgrown, as expected. But i was dismayed at the amount of mouse and rat mess in the kitchen. They had tunnelled in under the walls. Hopefully Errant will catch, or at least deter any further trespassers.

View attachment 49554
MrSlim in his element View attachment 49555
Back home and loving it View attachment 49556

Well done on the Journey.

bad news about the 'home invasion'
sure this is where errant earns his keep.

BTW, tell him, cunning disguise.
BUT if i squint my eyes tightly i can JUST make him out.

20210522_115528-jpg.49556

;):D

and Mr Slim..?

looks like a man in his element.

Fair play him,
and an example to us all.

" Don't worry love, i'll have this fixed in a Jiffy "

RESPECT :)

Last edited:

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 for me today - I had my 2nd vaccine yesterday so could be something to do with that or more likely because I pigged out the whole day yesterday (all low carb but sill a lot of food) just had a bottomless pit yesterday.

I wonder if the people doing the vaccines are all qualified nurses - does any one know - the 1st time the guy who did my vaccine didn't look like a nurse to me (anyways what does a nurse look like you say - he had both ears pierced and to me looked more like a soldier than a nurse?) and then yesterday the bloke who did it said his name was Peter? but spoke in broken english I thought and I was right when he said to me "take off your clothes" I think he meant could I take off my jacket - they have not convinced me and that's why I was wondering - it doesn't fill you with confidence ...

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.2 for me today - I had my 2nd vaccine yesterday so could be something to do with that or more likely because I pigged out the whole day yesterday (all low carb but sill a lot of food) just had a bottomless pit yesterday.

I wonder if the people doing the vaccines are all qualified nurses - does any one know - the 1st time the guy who did my vaccine didn't look like a nurse to me (anyways what does a nurse look like you say - he had both ears pierced and to me looked more like a soldier than a nurse?) and then yesterday the bloke who did it said his name was Peter? but spoke in broken english I thought and I was right when he said to me "take off your clothes" I think he meant could I take off my jacket - they have not convinced me and that's why I was wondering - it doesn't fill you with confidence ...

i should have been suspicious when they said get undressed

"what. !!....err ok, erm. where should i put my clothes though..???

On top of mine..:D"....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

lovely chap i work with, Polish.

we discussed how well the UK was doing the vaccine roll out.
he was very impressed at how thorough it all was.
(think Poland must be lagging behind)

so couldn't help myself.. when he asked how it was, as he was due his first jab, later in that week.

" fine no problem.. barely even felt it.

IF I'm honest the most worrying part was the swab being inserted to check for covid in the Colon.
over in minutes admittedly, and they are very good, never felt a thing,
but highly embarrassing for those few minutes
i mean WHERE do you look, what do you say, while they are doing 'it' ?

Thankfully mine came back as " all clear"..
then it's was just the waiting around for the 15 mins, before you can leave"

the look on his face...priceless.

did fess up a few minutes later, though.

i did hear the army was helping out in some instances ?

and i suppose nurses come in various levels
and the more experienced are needed more on the wards, to cover exhaustion, sickness etc
and those from elsewhere, have stepped up,
many have been upgraded immediately after passing or not their exams.

your right to query though.

although i would have to admit, with all the many jabs vacicines for flying/flu
i never once enquired as to the persons qualifications,
i was just grateful to get it out of the way.

But you make a valid point.

well done on the jab.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

My first jab was by an Army Nurse in York (well, in the arm really). Didn’t feel a thing. Second Jab by my own GP who really must get some practice in.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope this is OK to post. I was at my local Lloyds Pharmacy and saw the information on Viraleze. The Pharmacist confirmed it was 99.9% effective against Covid 19. I purchased it myself as an additional safeguard, along with Social Distancing, hand washing etc. and of course the Covid 19 vaccine.
Lloyds say:
  • VIRALEZE™ is a broad spectrum antiviral nasal spray that contains astodrimer sodium (SPL7013) which is virucidal, irreversibly inactivating >99.9% of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) within one minute
  • SPL7013 has been shown to be highly active against multiple strains of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19) as well as a broad spectrum of other viruses including influenza, RSV, SARS and MERS
  • VIRALEZE™ will initially be available exclusively at LloydsPharmacy, one of the largest pharmacy chains in the UK with around 1,400 LloydsPharmacy stores across the UK
PS: Just to confirm that I don’t have shares in Viraleze or Lloyds.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like many have had a successful day, jabs, travel and humour, brilliant and congrats to you all.

Lots done in garden today, noticed Greattits have vanished, we must have missed the babies leaving the nesting box.

Fjnished painting of Tryfan from the other side of Ogwyn Valley a track I know well from Mountain Biking but I have never done it at dawn which is when the painting is supposed to be so lots of guesswork regarding the light.

A4 watercolour....
IMG_4872.JPG

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like many have had a successful day, jabs, travel and humour, brilliant and congrats to you all.

Lots done in garden today, noticed Greattits have vanished, we must have missed the babies leaving the nesting box.

Fjnished painting of Tryfan from the other side of Ogwyn Valley a track I know well from Mountain Biking but I have never done it at dawn which is when the painting is supposed to be so lots of guesswork regarding the light.

A4 watercolour....
View attachment 49562
Wonderful range of colours, Smashing. oh to be back in Snowdonia.

lindisfel

Expert

6.25am FBG 5.1

View attachment 49554

Interesting, clay or earth walls as per the materials of the past that regularly were used in good old England.
The great wall of China was built from rammed earth on the lowlands.
Perhaps we will go back to it when we can no longer use concrete products.
D.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.7 today

quite a pleasant day (if you don't count repairing toilets ;) ) and Sunday lunch at mum's as usual, a sort of baked cross between bolognaise and eggplant parmigiana today with lots of cheese on top and veggies on the side and a few chips for Mum. A bit more carb than usual but I feel I have to provide a change sometimes :D

Toilet repair went fairly smoothly given the awful contortions the siting of said article requires to get to the plumbing connections. Always too close to the wall to save space in our little British bathrooms :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - Congrats to you sister :joyful:

I'm glad the jab went smoothly, out here in the Highlands our jabs are being done by the local Health Centres so it's familiar faces (well familiar masked faces anyway :hilarious: )

Nice vista in your painting and the colour you have chosen has provided a pleasing contrast :)

@gennepher - interesting colour blend choice in today's painting and very effective. Well done you for offering yourself a challenge :) I think it does us good to try to work with something unfamiliar sometimes.

@SlimLizzy - glad you've arrived safely after the trials and tribulations of the journey :) Errant seems to have decided it's home ;)

@Muddy Cyclist - what a splendid and colourful dawn painting of Tryfan, I liked the sky to begin with but my appreciation for it has been joined by an enjoyment of the colours you have brought into the foreground, I do like the way you handle colour :joyful: Good luck to the petition ;)

art bit
thank you @lindisfel , I'll have a go ;)

we have had some lovely serene sunsets here between the showery days, this is painted on the Hahnemuhle Britannia, I like it although it isn't cotton paper, the starch sizing does need a slight change of technique though, perhaps the 100% cotton paper they do would be good (I'm sure it would, but I'm less sure about the cost :hilarious: )

upload_2021-5-23_19-6-45.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What I also do is listen to what my body is telling me and if necessary supplement my diet with ( shock, horror ) digestive biscuits when I have miscalculated.
Absolutely definitely the best way to go is to really listen to your body. We are all so different and there is no 'one size fits all'.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

6.25am FBG 5.1

View attachment 49554
Oh dear to the mice invasion...
Errant should take care of that @SlimLizzy once he has enjoyed his sun. I bet you are very glad to be in a big house again, compared to a motorhome!