Problems!!!!!!!

josie38

Hi,

Been having a lot of problems lately with my pump. I have been having a lot of hi's possibly due to the set site........not too sure. May have to change cannulas again. I have tried Flex links and Rapid D's for my spirit combo. Not sure if there are anymore i could try.

Appointment with DSN next week to try and sort it out.

Josie :( :( :( :( :(

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What length rapid d have you tried? I use 6mm Insets but when I tried 6mm steels it wasn't long enough. I am about to try 8mm and have since found many pumpers need longer steel according to diabetic forums.

When are you having the high BG readins? Is there a pattern?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Are the sets from same batches?
Have you tried new tube and sets from different batches.
Is there a pattern.. Same as mushy.. I can go weeks hunjy dory.. Then go hi at set times each day... Or at moment going low at nights when not had this problem for good 12 months!!!
Has it been over two weeks of christmas/new year??

jopar

You've also got the tenderlinks which I use (angled ones) but you can use another infusion set from another pump company just have a look to see if the pump has an luner lock system, I've got a feeling that animas may do not 100% sure without looking

I've been pumping 4 years now and never had a problem with the tenderlinks, not even a kink not sure whether it's because I self insert or not though

Hi Josie,
I´m sorry for you but glad to hear we are not alone (my son of 10 is having the same problems)! In our case i feel so unsure if the problem is the insufion set or something else.

good luck and keep your spirits up!

josie38

Hi,

Have been to see DSN and she reckons that i need a longer cannula. At the moment I use 8mm steel as one of the flexlinks kinked and i got an abcess in my stomach.

Donnelly - have tried using different batches but i think the time has come for me to lose my belly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is no pattern to my HI's, mushy, which leads me to think that its a site problem.

Oh well, Onwards and Upwards :D :D :D :D :D :D