What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7.2 for me today - I had my 2nd vaccine yesterday so could be something to do with that or more likely because I pigged out the whole day yesterday (all low carb but sill a lot of food) just had a bottomless pit yesterday.

Reactions: Ymdawd and HeliGary

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.8 this morning at 0745.

Had a non diabetic friendly burger in Cambridge yesterday , went to bed on an 8.7 , but that was probably just eating late when we got home.

If anyone is interested in computers , we visited the centre for computing history in Cambridge and it was a great day out for the oldies and the kids alike.

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All
A very disappointing 7.0 this morning. Am on the last day of current Libre and all I know is my food isnt the problem. Did have a slice of white toast yesterday as I had very upset tum and jumped up to 9 but came down to 6 very fast. By bedtime I was in the high 5s so it must be bad quality sleep. DP seems to start around midnight for heavens sake! Happy Monday All sunshine on the way!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all,

4.8 today.

@Mrs T 123 -- I am with you on the bottomless pit for a stomach. Felt hungry all day yesterday and ate much more than usual. As to the higher fasting levels, my guess would be that it's the vaccine rather than the food. Crossing my fingers that they will be better today.
@JohnEGreen -- Wow, 3.6 is low. Did you feel okay?
@PenguinMum -- Hugs. Hope tomorrow will be better for you.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.1, and wheezing. Thinking of having a duvet day. Trying to resist that though.

Reactions: karen8967

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
@mojo37 - Amazing results! Great work. Two hours AFTER breakfast, and you’re DOWN further? Woweee.... What DID you have for breakfast?

Reactions: mojo37