What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.3 today thank you all so much for your good wishes and sympathy, you really are such lovely people.

I’m appreciating my coffee even more this morning after the horrible cheap instant variety in hospital: a standard 250ml mug for me, but refilled several times.
@hankjam I was sorry to read about Mrs HJ’s health, very best wishes to you both. You’re doing a tremendous job of keeping your BG under control during this stress.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So glad to hear you are enjoying your coffee @DJC3 . Please take it easy although I know Mr C and the girls will be very supportive and watchful. My Swipey's PB first thing this morning was 4.9 - so, so but not an issue in the big scheme of things as shown here and in the wider world.

Last edited:

Providence 62

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not riding my bike
Hello everyone. 6.2 for me this morning. I was totally wiped out after my exams but managing to keep the blood sugar pretty steady in the 6s. Hope everyone is having a good day, lovely to see the sun here in London (finally).

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, all.

Grey skies and temperatures in the low teens here too. Last month was the coldest April in thirty years in Germany and I doubt that May will be much better.

Forgot to test upon getting up and only remembered after my first cup of espresso with cream. Blood glucose was 4.7 then.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello everyone. 6.2 for me this morning. I was totally wiped out after my exams but managing to keep the blood sugar pretty steady in the 6s. Hope everyone is having a good day, lovely to see the sun here in London (finally).
I hope the exams went well. When do you get the results? Great job on keeping the blood sugar levels in check through all that stress.

Reactions: DJC3 and annabell1

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
5.7 this morning.

Late and short run yesterday as still nursing the knee, but it was really good as it’s the first time my big son and I have ever run together, he’s down for a few days having finished uni yesterday.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning, all.

Grey skies and temperatures in the low teens here too. Last month was the coldest April in thirty years in Germany and I doubt that May will be much better.

Forgot to test upon getting up and only remembered after my first cup of espresso with cream. Blood glucose was 4.7 then.

still raining here in DK, and this May was also here the second coldest ever measured and the most rainy too... so happy to learn the summer will arrive the coming weekend with some sun and over 20 degrees Celsius , it is so depressing with the sold and rainy almost permanently climate

Reactions: DJC3 and annabell1

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Goodmorning 7.5.

Still trying 30mg diamicron snce 19th May and my two hours reading depend on what I ate at breakfast are between 5.3 and 10. But have had two above10 reading after 2 hours. And two at night time readings.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 which was a nice surprise. Still feeling ropey so didn’t eat much yesterday.
@Providence 62 I hope your exams went well, you have worked hard preparing for them, so best of luck for the results. Good BG control under the stress too.