What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad your fbg is declining but take it easy @DJC3. Good news on the sun @PenguinMum. @Ryhia not all glasses are created equal so I hope yours was a ladylike helping of gin. 4.7 for me today but via Swipey so ??? I'm obviously thankful it is no higher but convinced that is sub-optimal.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad your fbg is declining but take it easy @DJC3. Good news on the sun @PenguinMum. @Ryhia not all glasses are created equal so I hope yours was a ladylike helping of gin. 4.7 for me today but via Swipey so ??? I'm obviously thankful it is no higher but convinced that is sub-optimal.

Definitely a ladylike one but you might be aghast to hear that I didn't have anything to mix with it so topped it up with water???

Was giving myself a celebratory drink as son, hubby and myself have been working flat out to decorate and refurbish a house my son owns which had been rented out for about 5 years. It was a real piece of work getting it in good order again, took us 2 weeks solid but we succeeded and house looked good at the end of it. We finally finished on Tuesday and son put it up for sale that evening - by Wednesday afternoon he had buyers competing with offers so it sold at an above asking price offer - son and wife both very happy but it's a mad, mad world out there for anyone trying to buy a house at the moment.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Maybe time for an HbA1c? I'm dying to know if all your effort has worked.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@mojo37 - Amazing results! Great work. Two hours AFTER breakfast, and you’re DOWN further? Woweee.... What DID you have for breakfast?
Thank you yes I was pleased brekie was bacon eggs and wholemeal toast came in about 40 carbs . Did a 3 mile walk after breakfast which probably helped :)

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Maybe time for an HbA1c? I'm dying to know if all your effort has worked.
I can tell you now it won't have worked but I have the form to order blood tests. LC doesn't work for some of us - just one of those things. I'm not anti LC just resigned to it not working for me.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Best wishes for your HbA1c @DisFanJen. Welcome and congratulations @992947x. Hiug for the merry go round @DJC3 - be kind to yourself that recent stress must account for much of the numbers. @PenguinMum enjoy the walk. @ziggy_w you enjoy the weekend as well. So, Swipey was 5.3 @ 6.30 which is about 90 mins later than usual so I don't know how to categorise that one. It is what it is may be true but leads nowhere useful.