Covid vaccine?

TypeZero.

Hello all, I wanted to post on several issues, but read that it was about "experiences" on certain vaccines, and all other posts would be deleted. So, I'm going to express my thoughts here. First off I am Type 1/LADA for the last 5 yrs. I realize and know this was set-off by an auto-immune disorder. However, I just consider myself as Type 1. My c-peptides as of 6.22.17 were at 0.6 (have since decreased) my GAD (65) >250.0. I fought hard for theses tests, and paid out of pocket, because I knew the doctor was wrong, and we weren't going to fix my bs levels with oral medication. My immune system destroyed my pancreas. I always joke that it's only job is to hold my body up, else I would be extremely short.

We were never sugar people, nor junk food. Mostly organic, bean loving people, so this whole thing was a shock. I corrected everything following Dr. B's diet. My A1c's are between 4.7-4.9, and I only get tested every 6 months. But no way will I ever be normal. The only thing that doctor could trace my diabetes to was familiar. Wrong, no family members have had it, and I've done the research. On an off whim, the doctor thought it might have been a reaction to a vaccination from the past. Go figure.

Being highly sensitive, with autoimmune disorder, I was told to wait. This went against my endocrinologist, but that was the same person who wouldn't listen to me to begin with. I have not quarantine to the best of my ability, I continued going to gym, meeting with scared relatives, and I have never gotten sick. I am more worried about what the vaccines can cause with people that are autoimmune compromised. It is a total cyto-storm.

I know I am going out on a limb here, and respect everyone's choice, but I worry about about other immune problems. If you question anything, even your doctor do research. Question everything! If I had followed my endo, I could of lost my eyesight, among other things.

If you are concerned about vaccines and autoimmunity I would personally recommend getting a viral vector vaccine e.g. AstraZeneca rather than an mRNA vaccine e.g. Pfizer because mRNA vaccines are new technology and it is yet not understood if they cause autoimmunity, the developer of the vaccine, BioNTech, was actually looking at mRNA vaccines to cure autoimmune diseases!! Really interesting field of science!!

I’m 19, been diagnosed for just over a year, had jabs for 4 different diseases in the last 6 months. No change in insulin requirement so it clearly shows it doesn’t exacerbate or worsen the preexisting autoimmune attack on my pancreas, very unlikely to cause any other autoimmune conditions.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are concerned about vaccines and autoimmunity I would personally recommend getting a viral vector vaccine e.g. AstraZeneca rather than an mRNA vaccine e.g. Pfizer because mRNA vaccines are new technology and it is yet not understood if they cause autoimmunity, the developer of the vaccine, BioNTech, was actually looking at mRNA vaccines to cure autoimmune diseases!! Really interesting field of science!!

I’m 19, been diagnosed for just over a year, had jabs for 4 different diseases in the last 6 months. No change in insulin requirement so it clearly shows it doesn’t exacerbate or worsen the preexisting autoimmune attack on my pancreas, very unlikely to cause any other autoimmune conditions.
In the UK there is very little choice (if any) on the vaccine you are given unless government advice determines differently, I.e. under 40s are not AZ

TypeZero.

In the UK there is very little choice (if any) on the vaccine you are given unless government advice determines differently, I.e. under 40s are not AZ

mRNA vaccines have to be stored in sub-zero conditions so cannot be administered in public venues such as a theatre or sports hall of a school because those venues generally don’t hold the facilities. If you want the AstraZeneca one then you’d book your vaccine at a non-hospital setting

Reactions: oldgreymare

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
mRNA vaccines have to be stored in sub-zero conditions so cannot be administered in public venues such as a theatre or sports hall of a school because those venues generally don’t hold the facilities. If you want the AstraZeneca one then you’d book your vaccine at a non-hospital setting
I had mine in a sports hall. Both Pfizers. The vaccine was stored at a county centre hub, and taken out and thawed on the day of use. Once mixed and diluted it lasts a day so that is how my county deals with it.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
All they have been doing is ensuring that a batch is only removed from the freezer just before use and then is used up before the end of the day. Not difficult with the vaccine demand so high.

And, interesting factoid: one of the mRNA vaccines (Moderna) has just changed its storage requirements since it has now shown to stay viable for up to 30 days in a fridge (that’s up from the 5 days they previously advised). That’ll make storage and transport much more convenient.
https://investors.modernatx.com/new...ounces-longer-shelf-life-its-covid-19-vaccine

Reactions: TypeZero.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you want the AstraZeneca one then you’d book your vaccine at a non-hospital setting
That not the case here in Australia, here's a text message I received two weeks ago from the RBH in Brisbane.

According to our records you have an upcoming outpatient appointment at RBWH. We would like to offer you to receive your first dose of the Astra Zeneca vaccine at RBWH on the same day. We will provide you with further information at your appointment however you can find fact sheets and information at https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/coronavirus/vaccinations or call 134COVID (134 268)
Mon 9:50 AM

I had already had my first shot so it was no good for me.