Are you going to get vaccinated?

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll qualify this be saying that I can't open the original link from this site. As I've said above, it may be just me.

If indeed he has been blocked from offering his opinion, it means less information for you to make your decision.
His being shut down is not an isolated case.
I know that poeple have been closed down. When I made my decision I researched quite a lot before deciding to have the vaccine. I researched a lot because I felt I was being railroaded into having it and became suspicious.
It is a really, really important decision and we, as citizens and sensible people, should be given all the facts.
How is one man’s personal opinion on whether to take the vaccine or not a fact? It’s his opinion unless he is medically or scientifically qualified to make it evidenced/factual.

Does my personal opinion sway your decision? Do you need it to make yours? Will yours be less valid for you without knowing mine? If you answer no to those questions as I suspect most would why is Slade’s more important than mine that it needs protecting?

I hear the point about censorship and I agree that is not good but let’s not confuse censoring a person’s opinion with denying people relevant facts. The two are not the same thing.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I haven't read the article, but I've had both my jabs. I considered that it might have an impact on my health (excitable immune system), so far no problems but I have become more sensitive to insulin, whether that is vaccine related or not I'm not sure.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you seen any main stream media reporting of adverse events and deaths post vaccination?
Has any media source mentioned yellow card reporting or VAERS in the USA?
The independent 31st march, Birmingham post, several local large newspaper. Google comes up with several.

Reactions: oldgreymare

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you seen any main stream media reporting of adverse events and deaths post vaccination?

PM on Radio 4 reported that 58 people had died from the clots that had had the AZ. This was a rate of 2 per million vaccinations.
It was reported that the number of lives saved due to vaccination was about 1900 per million vaccinations.
Of course it's early doors but I'll go with this.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
PM on Radio 4 reported that 58 people had died from the clots that had had the AZ. This was a rate of 2 per million vaccinations.
It was reported that the number of lives saved due to vaccination was about 1900 per million vaccinations.
Of course it's early doors but I'll go with this.

Interesting..
Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 19.35.15.png

From here
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...irus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s a different argument. I didn’t say the media was or wasn’t doing that. I said this mans opinion wasn’t providing (or the withholding of his opinion wouldn’t deny us) facts.

and yes I’ve seen plenty mentioned about blood clots for example and at least some of those mentioned yellow cards. No I can’t quote any particular examples.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had my first AZ vaccination in April, I had my 2021 / 22 fluvax in May, and my next AZ vaccination is on the 16th June,

"Sporting identities" should just shut the hell up, as they try to influence the safety of people with some of the their bizarre ideas as far as I am concerned. :meh:

I have a working link, but I will not post it as I will not help to spread their propaganda.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just to add my two bits

Both jabs, as has wife.
Not dead yet

Personal decisions, i agree.

And I understand why I haven't got a dedicated post/newspaper spread as to my decision.

Sure he's gutted, but plenty of other saying similar, from what I've seen.

hey ho. .we move on.

Reactions: oldgreymare

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
People, can we stay on topic please? The topic is: 'Are you going to get vaccinated?' and the question asked was: 'In your case, is there any reason to believe that vaccination will interfere with your medication or following lifestyle?'
Further derailing will be removed.

Reactions: KK123

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From my response to the first vaccination I knew my second vaccination would probably raise my blood sugar levels for a while, and prepared to compensate for that through diet adjustment. It's been 8 days now and my levels, after a small rise, are back to normal for me.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my first A-Z jab in February and my second in April. My only side effect in the first was a day of feeling tired and a bit achy plus a sore arm when lifting it. Nothing after the second, not even a sore arm. My blood sugars remained stable both times. I'm still here and feeling relieved and more confident about mixing, especially as our neighbouring town is one of the Indian variant hot spots. If we are offered boosters in the autumn I will be in the queue.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This bloke thinks he won’t (paywall).

In your case, is there any reason to believe that vaccination will interfere with your medication or following lifestyle?

Henry Slade exclusive: 'I am not going to have a Covid vaccine - I don't agree with it all'
Had both vaccine doses.
There is reason that I believe this will interfere with my lifestyle. In a good way! That is because my lifestyle has been the experience of feeling under ‘house arrest’ for the best part of 15 months, and my being vaccinated has given me back some freedom, albeit with the metaphorical ‘ankle tag’. Until lockdown restrictions end.

Elenas

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had my first dose of pfizer last Saturday. No incidence in my BS but I have fever , I actually still have around 38 temperature even after one week :***: so I'm tired. Pain in my shoulder and on the site of injection was only during 2 days.
Happy to have done my vaccine but wish the side effect weren't that boring. I cross my finger for second dose :cat:

Reactions: lucylocket61

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
People, can we stay on topic please? The topic is: 'Are you going to get vaccinated?' and the question asked was: 'In your case, is there any reason to believe that vaccination will interfere with your medication or following lifestyle?'
Further derailing will be removed.

Further posts have been deleted for derailing the thread. Please remain on topic. Any further derailing posts will be deleted and may incur further sanctions.