Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @Peterj12

As kk123 says, It’d be better if you had your own thread. I’d be happy to move the posts to a new thread, or feel free to start a new one.

Reactions: KK123

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
When are you speaking to the endocrinologist again @Millie_ ? It sounded as though he was being helpful. Any chance of bringing the appointment forward?

Hi @Goonergal i've spoken to him again, he is sometimes quite helpful but he can be abrupt, when i took that empagliflozin which immediately sent my ketones up to 2.5mmol and my blood sugars had started to decrease but i had the migraine from hell like my head was going to explode, he said well it's obvious you can't take the empagliflozin anymore then, originally he said i'd only be on insulin for s short time until my sugars went down- and even now, they have not only i'm still waking up around 18mmol. I said well if i have to stay on insulin for the rest o fmy life would that not make me type I diabetic and he said, 'call yourself what you like' which to me is like, erm, excuse me, i need a proper diagnosis.

I'm speaking to him again in 2 weeks, i'm currently on insuman basal and toujeo, my sugars are unstable, i'm not even eating 25g or carbs a day, it seems whatever i eat i spike badly, steak mushroom and a slice of griddled tomato would give me 22. mmol, how is that even possible but there again, i'm certainly no expert.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi Millie,
If your endocrinologist doesn't know what is going on, perhaps another endocrinologist who has experience with unusual metabolic conditions, maybe he can get you the tests and an actual diagnosis.
My first endocrinologist didn't have a clue.
He said it was my fatty liver!!!

It took me over a decade to get an endocrinologist who understood what I was going through.

Keep safe.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just to add that I have often when experimenting gone from normal blood glucose levels to mid teens mmols quite a lot.
This is because I was told to eat certain foods that was supposed to be healthy for me. Porridge, spuds, rice, any bread and because I'm lactose intolerant, any dairy.
Those foods were making me so ill and I didn't even know.

Having read the thread, I don't believe you have a form of Hypoglycaemia, but your metabolic condition definitely need investigating.