What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

DisFanJen

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
4.3 for me.

Deliberately kept a little higher yesterday as I’m doing a load of decorating which meant I went to bed at 6.1 and still woke up lower than I wanted.

Time to lower that basal again methinks...

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @tillie08. Fbg of 4.9 on Swipey. I'm with you @PenguinMum in that I now have no confidence in there being much of a link that I can understand between what I eat and do and my bg. It is just something I measure and hope against hope I can influence. Your meal sounds wonderful @Freema - why not celebrate summer?

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning but that's okay, we were at an Italian restaurant last night had chicken stuffed with spicy Italian sausage and wrapped in pancetta, didn't count the carbs, just ate and enjoyed.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Into No Mans Land with 7.5 most likely due to 2 butchers sausages (content unknown) and two mini chicken fillets off bbq, oh and salad. 12 hours ago!
a busy but as close to nik by mouth as possible today.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.0 this morning, I’ve been called into work for an early shift due to one of the other guys having two sick kiddies and getting no sleep overnight.

I wasn’t sure I’d get my planned 10k run in, due the recent hurty knee, but I did it at 0500 and managed a PB of 59:08, first time under an hour for 10k.

I’m a bit limpy now but nowhere near as bad as two weeks ago.

Hopefully home early for another barbecue this afternoon.