menopause

tillie08

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi There, i am T1 diabetic and before my period my sugar levels can be up and down for a good week or more and then once it starts my sugar levels tend to drop quite annoying really that this happens every month!!! So you would think i. Would be use to it but it gets me every time. Now can any one tell me about the menapause? I would imagine that this causes your sugars levels to be up and down? How did you manage? I seem to be hypoing alot but then again i am very active well on the weekends and not so much in the week so again my sugar levels i have to watch because once you change ur routine you need to adjust ur insulin!? Its a pain to be fair but i crack on as you do...any advice would be very useful thanks

T1DM2012

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I experience exactly the same pattern as you each month and agree very annoying.....I normally drop my basal 4 units 3 days before due on to reduce the hypos and then gradually increase back up each week from 10 days after as become very insulin resistant for the one or two weeks before due on again...... can’t help on menopause but I’ve heard it causes even more havoc!!!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
What I thought was my start to the menopause is actually too much levothyroxine but haven't got my level down yet but currently same as many others. Weight loss just before period then its regained in period stage. So insulin needs adjusting accordingly.
I'm interested too. So I'll watch this thread.