What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Swipey is back - 7.7 after a workout and a quickly grabbed breakfast before breaking the lands-red record to get laundry done and out on the line before an eye-watering 11-9pm shift.

I will take 7.7 because while adjusting to shifts and a lot of golf, I have been troughing like a donkey. And if one of my recent rounds is anything to go by, playing like a donkey too.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
It is so gloriously warm here. We had lunch outside on the patio - relaxing in our reclining garden chairs. The first time it has been warm enough this year.

Am now back on the PC. Broadband is at the moment 100 mbps - so definitely supersonic.
I send out lesson plans containing lots of images (often 5 pages long) to class members and clients. Prior to Supersonic Broadband they would take up to 5 minutes to open in One Drive. If my sister is also working on the other computer in the office it would take even longer to open them.

Now the very large ones only take 9 seconds max. As these lesson plans need continual updating my new Broadband should save me so much time and stress because I find it so stressful when they won't open quickly, especially when I am short of time.

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @jjraak,
It is rather nice drake Mandarin duck. Introduced some years ago but now breeding ferally in the UK.
So a British bird.
A good bird to see, not many in Cumbria.
Its a bird that can be quite elusive, particularly the drab females.
Thanks.
Was more of a birder than a twitcher.
There's a lot of twitcher in the worst us and a little bit of twitcher in the best of us!

Twitchers look at other peoples birds!
Birders find rare and interesting birds.
So you were birding as was @SlimLizzy finding her own Black Redstart.
Interestingly they ..Black Redstarts appeared in England as breeders on the war time bomb sites in London now gone.
Derek

cheers @lindisfel , that's the duck.

indeed rather impressive
a little search says its the most beautiful duck.

hard to disagree, from what we saw.

240px-Aix_galericulata_%28wild_living_in_Warsaw%29.JPG

285px-Mating_Mandarin_Ducks.jpg

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@jjraak active days yes, they don't feel productive at present. We are fire fighting. Trying to catch up with the effects of seven months neglect. We also seem to spend a lot of time moving things.... today a sofa, armchair and three granite slabs.

@lindisfel the Black Redstarts appear to live here. They feed on the ants outside my kitchen door. Time to wander about and look at wildlife is in short supply just now. However I did see what I believe to be a forester moth one day, didn't have my phone so no photo. A stunning insect with bright blue/green thorax and iridescent blue wings that faded to drab. Apparently difficult to see which I can vouch for. When spotted it was feeding on ladies smock, with much wing fluttering, revealing the almost electric colours on the thorax. Then it flew about a metre and totally disappeared.

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 yesterday and 4.8 today

Barbeque for Sunday lunch yesterday in the garden at mum's with a splendid salad and then rhubarb fool (LC style) for afters :D

We had a quiet day mostly at home today, the village is very busy with tourists and visitors suddenly for the Bank Holiday weekend, lots of children swimming and canoeing and racing about on the beach.
mr gee decided it was a suitable day to replace one of the windows in his rather elderly shed.

We went for a good walk around the village during the afternoon, gently though because I've done something to my knee :sorry: twisted it whilst we were mowing on Saturday I think.

then when we got back home mr gee decided that he would replace the other shed window :hilarious: so after dinner I walked along the village street and sat on one of the seats with my sketchbook. Very quiet and lovely sitting in the evening sun :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@gennepher - lovely owl, wise and slightly pensive :)
Happy birthday to Popeye, he is looking fine, master of all he surveys ;)

@dunelm - your technique works just as well on a bigger scale and the unsized rice paper adds a pleasing texture. I love the tree, so graphic and shapely :joyful:
Hope your trip goes well :)

@jjraak - your outing sound like a successful day, glad you are seeing progress you like :)

art bit - painted on the Hahnemuhle Britannia.

upload_2021-5-31_20-17-35.jpeg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Another hot and tiring day outside. Have now got another vegetable bed ready for plants or seeds - and on to the next weed infested plot.
plan here is courgettes, carrots and beans, with spring onions in between the carrot rows.
20210531_192606.jpg

Weeds galore and threatening ones too , about to spread seeds everywhere.
20210531_194450.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@geefull I can't comment on the technical aspects of today's art but I do like those colours and that scene. I hope the knee soon recovers. @SlimLizzy you really are a little dynamo. Remember to pace yourself.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Barbeque for Sunday lunch yesterday in the garden at mum's with a splendid salad and then rhubarb fool (LC style) for afters :D

We had a quiet day mostly at home today, the village is very busy with tourists and visitors suddenly for the Bank Holiday weekend, lots of children swimming and canoeing and racing about on the beach.
mr gee decided it was a suitable day to replace one of the windows in his rather elderly shed.

We went for a good walk around the village during the afternoon, gently though because I've done something to my knee :sorry: twisted it whilst we were mowing on Saturday I think.

then when we got back home mr gee decided that he would replace the other shed window :hilarious: so after dinner I walked along the village street and sat on one of the seats with my sketchbook. Very quiet and lovely sitting in the evening sun :)

@dunelm - your technique works just as well on a bigger scale and the unsized rice paper adds a pleasing texture. I love the tree, so graphic and shapely :joyful:

@jjraak - your outing sound like a successful day, glad you are seeing progress you like :)

View attachment 49722
Thanks @geefull
Popeye says Miaow!
This is a beautiful painting...

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 49722
Beautiful painting

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.6 for me today.

Looks like the third day of sun for us on holiday with all the family in Wales. Beach very busy but having a remote cottage 400 metres from the beach means we can. Get down early, leave when the crowds start to arrive and go back late afternoon, ideal. :)

I have been Muddy Cycle riding at 5am and see nothing on the narrow lanes so works well do about 1 hour and back before family awake. In the sea every day with Grandaughters is such fun, they are keeping me busy and so I apologise for being so far behind with the posts.

I will look in later but this was Whistling Sands Beach at 5.30am today as the sun was just getting up above the hills, beach all to myself.
IMG_4883.JPG

Keep safe and enjoy the beauty in the world.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a misty morning at the little house on the prairie.
The wonder wheel salad days and a dry white wine came in at 5.2 this am

Yesterday was a day of two halves - traveling up from Derbyshire on a hot and sunny bank holiday Monday (what nut job would do such a thing) and a fun and games afternoon. Luckily we got off the main roads and onto the B roads - took a little longer but no traffic jams and some glorious views. Thank goodness for AA live traffic to consult every now and again.

In the middle of breakfast for the ninky nonks and little miss Pamplemouse who are multi-tasking with colouring books, cereals and Nutella sandwiches (weirdos). I’m sticking to koffy. This is Nearly Purple Rain.

upload_2021-6-1_7-5-15.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.6 for me today.

Looks like the third day of sun for us on holiday with all the family in Wales. Beach very busy but having a remote cottage 400 metres from the beach means we can. Get down early, leave when the crowds start to arrive and go back late afternoon, ideal. :)

I have been Muddy Cycle riding at 5am and see nothing on the narrow lanes so works well do about 1 hour and back before family awake. In the sea every day with Grandaughters is such fun, they are keeping me busy and so I apologise for being so far behind with the posts.

I will look in later but this was Whistling Sands Beach at 5.30am today as the sun was just getting up above the hills, beach all to myself.
.View attachment 49726
Keep safe and enjoy the beauty in the world.
Looks idyllic and yes, sometimes early morning is the best part of the day. Have fun!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 this morning. We are off to the garage shortly to take my car in for the slave cylinder sleeve repsir. Will walk dogs back. Makes a change from our usual walk around the park.

Then back to continue with admin -:after coffee and reading the newspaper of course.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Swipey came in this morning at 6.6 which I will happily take having raided the local shop for not very well behaved snacks.

Another 11-9 shift so not sure what I will be eating today....

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
June arrives once again, which seems to be an annual event, but comes round faster now I'm aged three score and more. Wonderful photo and adventure with your family @Muddy Cyclist. Julie and her mum will be in that neck of the woods later (September) for a postponed helicopter flight for MIL - 90th birthday present (Jan 2020). @dunelm I'm glad the journey went well and the Haahoos have their Nutella. @jjraak so rude of me not to congratulate you on the dog walk and evident progress on the road to full recovery. Swipey settled for 4.6 as a wild guess of where things stood first up. Blue polo shirt today probably just as influential as mackerel salad last evening. 'Tis sunny for a few days, Test Match cricket on the morrow, salad definitely on the menu. If I can't placate Swipey under these conditions I never will. Take care, slip. slap, slop, hands, face and distance. Walls have ears - oops, wrong era. TTFN chums.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
After setting up the duchess on Zoom Tai chi, I am off to pay my credit card at the Bank and get some shopping.
We seem to be running out of time to do everything with daughter and s.i.l. coming up friday.
She has really got into gardening during the pandemic and this is her first opportunity to organise yours truly and his wild garden.
She'll soon see I am a lost cause, I am still getting all the grass in check with the new Honda mower, which is an impressive cutter.
The only problem with the new mower is its fixed speed so that the self drive function pulls me up the garden too fast for an 82 year old come sunday.....

I cant remember much about that pre war world so don't ask! :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
After setting up the duchess on Zoom Tai chi, I am off to pay my credit card at the Bank and get some shopping.
We seem to be running out of time to do everything with daughter and s.i.l. coming up friday.
She has really got into gardening during the pandemic and this is her first opportunity to organise yours truly and his wild garden.
She'll soon see I am a lost cause, I am still getting all the grass in check with the new Honda mower, which is an impressive cutter.
The only problem with the new mower is its fixed speed so that the self drive function pulls me up the garden too fast for an 82 year old come sunday.....

I cant remember much about that pre war world so don't ask! :)
Take it easy with that self propelled beast @lindisfel. My dad had one which obviously - I'm an only child, naturally, - I inherited. I soon kindly donated it to a son and bought one which understood me better. I hope Majorie enjoys zoom Tai Chi. Hope you don't mind me tagging @Krystyna23040 - enjoy the dog walk and supersonic broadband; @RFSMarch good to hear from you and Bank Holiday snack raids after 11 hour shifts seems proportionate.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.6 this morning. We are off to the garage shortly to take my car in for the slave cylinder sleeve repsir. Will walk dogs back. Makes a change from our usual walk around the park.

Then back to continue with admin -:after coffee and reading the newspaper of course.

A higher score then you normally list, and oh dear, "A Garage bill "

A hug for both
Hope both resolve at a more beneficial lower level.