What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday I had leftover DD TexMex casserole for lunch. Then a small steak with salad and some olives at an afternoon BBQ. 3 glasses of wine too.
@Riva_Roxaban I believe today is the day? Wishing you luck, I’m keeping everything crossed for you.

Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What are the hot dog rolls like? I noticed they had a piece on a new recipe or are they the same as the other rolls but just a different shape?
I love a hot dog with mustard, ketchup, onions and crispy onions!
To me they seemed the same recipe as the round rolls - they are just long instead (mine arrived mis-shaped and were more like torpedos).

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

992947x

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Tinned Mackerel in tomato sauce (left most of the sauce), slice of cheese with a light dash of marmite
Lunch: Pork Loin Steak + home made coleslaw, cheese, beetroot
Dinner: 2 chicken drumsticks, cheese with a dash of marmite

A couple of coffees with cream

Seems to be a cheese day today...

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and chocolate chia pudding.
Dinner: salt and chilli ribs with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF orange jelly, cream and LC chocolate and ginger granola.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Riva_Roxaban I believe today is the day? Wishing you luck, I’m keeping everything crossed for you.
Thank, as I said to someone the other day there will be a Plan A, B or C I am going for the plan C.

Plan A involves chemo to shrink the 50 mm polyp on the colon, so it can be removed my invasive surgery. I have problem with general anaesthetics so this is off the table.
Plan B involves straight chemo which I do not want in any form, I am sick enough now I do not want more served up.
Plan C is to let it run as it is, regular blood / iron tests, transfusions, pain medication when needed, palliative care etc.

To keep on topic, I had a cup of black coffee and a couple of digestive biscuits with the surgical team and my nurse navigator. :)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A bad night with my bad back. Was hungry from 3a.m.
Finally breakfasted at 9 on 90 second bread with cheeses
Lunch out with friends meant sharing tapas. They were supportive asking me what I couldn't have. Ended up with a wide selection we couldn't finish. Bg went from 6 to 8 so I'll take that. Just drank sparkling water
Skipping dinner as still full

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank, as I said to someone the other day there will be a Plan A, B or C I am going for the plan C.
I'm sorry to hear the best plan for you is one which won't lead to being as fit as a forty year old in no time, which definitely would have been the plan I wish there was for you.
I'm very happy to hear you clearly know what fits you best under the circumstances, and I hope there will be a lot of enjoyable times for you yet.
Sounds like you're taking care of yourself very well. Still, have another hug in case you can use it.

And on topic: Had a wonderful and quick meal of a lot of green asparagus with boiled mashed eggs with butter and salt and pan fried shrimp. Too expensive for an everyday meal but I thoroughly enjoyed it :hungry:

195339023_10223619860198910_5340677390663119443_n.jpg

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm sorry to hear the best plan for you is one which won't lead to being as fit as a forty year old in no time, which definitely would have been the plan I wish there was for you.
Thanks @Antje77, if you are getting my age from my profile add another 20 years to it as I messed it up when filling it in. It should be 1960 not 1980.

Reactions: Antje77

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @Antje77, if you are getting my age from my profile add another 20 years to it as I messed it up when filling it in. It should be 1960 not 1980.
Your profile doesn't say your age, I just assumed the guy in the profile pic was yourself, and even the cute mask doesn't make you look like 40 :D
Which is no reason to not wish you to feel like 40 again!

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your profile doesn't say your age, I just assumed the guy profile pic was yourself, and even the cute mask doesn't make you look like 40 :D
That's me in the pix trying out my new "rainbow serpent" face mask.

Bacon and cheese omelette, mushrooms for breakfast.
Chicken drumsticks cooked in the microwave with some chilli sauce on them.
Dinner was rib fillet steak done on the griddler, green veggies and gravy.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: liver and bacon fricassee.

2nd meal: beef ragout and a few oven chips (actually roasted chips in butter). I enjoyed what I had, but the chips didn't go well with the ragout - too crispy.

Em, as I suspected she would be, was off school today with a bad, chesty cough. She seems, at present, to be subject to these kind of coughs, so I hope she grows out of it.

I was quite alarmed today when Neil took the log burner out of its position and outside the house - he was clearly struggling and I could do little to help, apart from supporting it on its trolley as he worked it around the corner from the front door onto the ramp. He disappeared around the corner of the house with it to take it to the back and I hobbled through to the back door, by which time he was speechless with pain and holding his shoulder. For a minute I thought he had dislocated his shoulder somehow and was wondering how I could get him to A&E to get it fixed. Then, when he started to rotate his shoulder, I realised that it couldn't be dislocated; it must have been some kind of muscle strain because he recovered after a while. The stove must weigh something like 100 lb or more and he is not anywhere near as fit as he used to be.

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Plan A involves chemo to shrink the 50 mm polyp on the colon, so it can be removed my invasive surgery. I have problem with general anaesthetics so this is off the table.
Plan B involves straight chemo which I do not want in any form, I am sick enough now I do not want more served up.
Plan C is to let it run as it is, regular blood / iron tests, transfusions, pain medication when needed, palliative care etc.

To keep on topic, I had a cup of black coffee and a couple of digestive biscuits with the surgical team and my nurse navigator. :)

What a blow.
Even if you are expecting it, it still comes as a kick in the teeth.
(((Hug)))

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Going back to Monday then. Usual brekkie of slice HiLo toast and lots of tea. S rambled eggs for lunch, solo. Supper was Indian t/a Tandoori King Prawns & cauli bhajee. Yesterday Tuesday was a bit of a mad day for various reasons helping son move house. Anyway he turned up for supper unexpectedly and I mfried up diced chorizo and peppers, added chunks of leftover bbq chicken, chopped tomatoes and olive and finally 2 pouches of rice. Then I went and did it: I had a cereal bowl of it knowing full well I cant to,erate rice and despite my BG not being great anyway. Why? No idea guess it was quick and easy. Today its crusless quiche & salad for lunch and omellete this evening.
@Riva_Roxaban I just had to mention that my MIL needed a mastectomy but couldnt have a general anaesthetic due to serious heart condition. They were able to zone off the top quarter of her body with a nerve block and she had the op successfuly and comfortably while listening to the radio with headphones. Not all anaesthetists do it but it might be worth exploring. Best wishes.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: Balti chicken curry with cauliflower rice followed by SF cherry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Today I tried to find out how much of a topping I can fit on a very small slice of low carb bread (4 grams a slice if I remember correctly).
I had been out for most of the day and didn't feel like cooking when I got home, but the result of stacking halloumi on one slice of bread and grated celeriac with mayonnaise and salt and pepper on the other made for a very satisfying meal :)

194715943_10223625550461163_3376909446790330324_n.jpg

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Riva_Roxaban very sorry to hear about your situation and hope that plan c goes as well as it can.

I’ve gone a bit off piste today with not just a Hotel Chocolat 85% hot chocolate (with whip), but one of their double chocolate ice lollies. Still a bit spaced out as a result!

Also got through some bacon, eggs and grated cheese at a canalside cafe, some Serious Pig snacking cheese, nuts and the requisite Nando’s for dinner.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Even if you are expecting it, it still comes as a kick in the teeth.
(((Hug)))
Thanks @Brunneria.
Not all anaesthetists do it but it might be worth exploring. Best wishes.
Thanks @PenguinMum, They are going to do something similar at the RBH in Brisbane with surgery on my leg if and when I go, partially local anaesthetic, part twilight zone similar to what I had for the colonoscopy.. They will not do this on the bowel / colon as it not a deep enough anaesthetic apparently.
@Riva_Roxaban very sorry to hear about your situation and hope that plan c goes as well as it can.
Thanks @Goonergal, I hope so too.

To stay on topic a bit, i was told to buy some stuff called Movicol to make make things easier to pass. I was looking around their Australian website and came came across this fibre in food guide. I will come in handy for me at present.

http://www.movicol.com.au/files/MOVICOL_Fibre_Guide.pdf

Reactions: Antje77 and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sunday bed 6.3 FBG 6.2. Decided to catch up before I get way behind again. Swimming day again. After a bit of moaning successfully got eldest in the pool and glory be! He actually enjoyed it!
B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.
L. Nothing dotting about between swimming lessons and taking Mum & Dad to gym and back.
D. Usual campari and soda. I'd forgotten about this chicken dish (it's on my CMT). The stuffing in the chicken breast is really good.
gimmedelicious.com/cheesy-broccoli-stuffed-chicken/

I had stuffing left over which was going to be used tomorrow. Had the chicken with a mini cob and yet more broccoli. Had a grenade ice cream bar later.

Monday bed 6.2 FBG 6.9

No bank holiday here so back to the school run. Eldest is going well with his tricky words spelling.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with Dairylea.
L. Nothing
D. Pork chop stuffed with the leftover cheesy broccoli/pepper mix from yesterday. Another mini cob and a broccoli/cauliflower souffle thing.
One of the mini raspberry bars from Lidl.

@mrs A2 - I agree that the rolls are more "finger roll" than hot dog but I ordered them anyway.
@Riva_Roxaban - so sorry with your news but you must do what is right for you. My sister had colon cancer but she was Stage IV as it took 8 months to diagnose. She had a successful run with monoclonal antibodies but the side effects eventually got to be too much and she stopped treatment. She was unlucky both with the time it took to diagnose and that she reacted to the monoclonal antibodies. It's a tough call but quality of life is so important. Take care.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday bed 6.6 FBG 6.9. A really nice day. Boys in shorts for the first time this year. Busy though. School run, physio then back to pick up grandson for lunch & schoolwork.
B. TAG and 1 slice of SLC toast with butter.
L. A SLC sandwich with mortadella and coleslaw.
D. Had to be chicken salad. Much too humid for anything else. I'd got some Oppo choc chip ice cream in M&S so had a scoop of that after with a few raspberries.

Glad to see you're feeling better @DJC3.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 Thank you for the info. I had blood tests done in November 20 and the whole blood and iron results were good. The next blood test at the end on March 21 were both out of wack below the the recommended levels. Had another test done before easter and a stool test because I was passing a bit of blood as well.

All told it was a quick diagnose and the polyp got a growth spurt on, as for quality of life I will taking it a day a time.

Back to food I eat yesterday.

Bacon and mushroom and cheese omelette for breakfast.
Lunch was mix of cheese onion tomatoes.
Savoury tinned corned beef hash, veggies, soup spoon of passion fruit sorbet passing the freezer.