Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Some apple and Samsung feature always on display
But has battery impact

Ticwatch pro I think it is has a unique second display for time and date
I've decided on a Xioami Mi Band, which should work with my phone, as someone showed me theirs in a facebook group :)
Not sure about the display staying on, but the price tag of 30 euros cut the deal very quick :D.

It should be in tomorrow, and it's waterproof too!

Reactions: hh1 and Marie 2

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I've decided on a Xioami Mi Band, which should work with my phone, as someone showed me theirs in a facebook group :)
Not sure about the display staying on, but the price tag of 30 euros cut the deal very quick :D.

It should be in tomorrow, and it's waterproof too!

Both my watches feature always on display but I actually turn it off prefer it that way now.. too bright at night otherwise

So long as it does what you want the 30euros isn’t bad

Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Morning all, another glorious day here. @urbanracer I'm not techy, admire those who are and create their own loops etc, though stuff about tech is always of interest, especially as we move closer and closer to things that don't require me to be tech savvy and create systems myself. How's the thumb?

On the topic of out-of-date test strips, I've never had any long enough to find out!;)

There appear to be many companies looking at non invasive glucose monitoring and the more I see, the more I convince myself that we will see something on the market soon, maybe within a year, I hope.

The thumb is still improving, thanks. Changed from twice weekly appointments to weekly now and going again tomorrow (Tuesday).

We went out for a meal on Saturday evening and a woman at the next table asked me about the bandaged thumb, even wanted to see the gory pictures! Nowt as strange as folk.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I had my breathing test to be able to get Afrezza today. I was a 150% above normal (all that swimming I'm sure) except for one number that was below normal that signifies possible asthma......................when they had me do a nebulizer that test improved.

I have allergies and they always ask when I get sick if I have asthma, Because I have an asthma type reaction when I'm sick. But then when they've checked me for asthma, they always say no, you don't have asthma. This happened even as a kid, I was once stuck in an oxygen tent with my doctor thinking I had pneumonia and it all went away within 10 minutes. And they said allergies..........

This was a lot more intricate test than I've had before, while I don't fit "having asthma" there has always been enough of my allergy problems to duplicate asthma type symptoms. So it wouldn't be a complete surprise if they decide I actually do have some kind of asthma.

Which might mean they won't want me to use Afrezza inhaled insulin. Sigh, I wanted something faster but I get it might not be good for me which is why they do the tests. But sigh.............

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Okay, a book.............

So I went snorkeling/swimming today for 2 1/2 hours, really nice water temps and the sun was out. Lots of turtles too. And maybe a barracuda, but it swam away fast so I'm not sure. We see one at another swimming spot all the time so I do know what they look like. I had to calibrate my Dexcom because it was 26 points too high, my Libre was 18 low before we left. I get there and my Libre says 4.2, but my Dex says 7.2. Pull out my meter to test because the Dex was off so much earlier and even though I calibrated the sensor is on it's 28th day so it could be going, and my meter battery is low. Okay fine, my number is probably in between the two and that's fine, I'll watch for a drop. I had reduced my basal rate and didn't eat except for 10 carbs to boost my Bg level to be able to swim. I should be good.

I went out past the point and a really strong current was out there so a lot of work and I did that twice, I was staying great and my Libre ends up quitting, the battery says low, probably the button got squished on while stashed in my swimsuit in it's pouch. But I feel fine, I had been stable for the first hour and a half which is when I am more prone to drop and then I start to climb at some point. When I do get out and in shallow water I get a Dexcom reading...........9.7............walk to the car 11.9, take off my equipment and dry off 13. Took 10 units because experience has told me it's always a stubborn high. But no Libre, no meter and a Dexcom that might be wacky so......

I start to come down, staying fairly stable, great! I dose to eat and 8 hours later I am nibbling odds and ends because I keep dropping. I keep thinking I've eaten enough to stabilize but I guess I needed to reduce my basal hours ago (hindsight) but I will be doing so for bedtime tonight.

Okay swimming with turtles is worth putting up with the highs and then lows, but it is one of the most annoying things to have to eat to exercise, to have higher numbers than I ever do in a "normal" day and then eat when I'm not hungry. Exercise is supposed to be good for you lol, but what we have to do sometimes to be able too?

But overall a beautiful day, some good turtle video and a nice workout! Battery's changed in my purse meter, The Libre's charging and I will leave on the Dexcom for the night and change it out tomorrow because it was off and reading high again.

RVW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I totally agree with the exercise thing Marie 2, i seem to always get lows then highs hours after doing a training session, but if i sit down all day and watch a box set or a few films then my bloods are spot on all day.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Exercise is supposed to be good for you lol, but what we have to do sometimes to be able too?
The other week a GP tried to tell me my BG's would 'stabilise' if I exercised more...
That quickly turned into a short lesson on T1, insulin, exercise, and assuming every diabetic has wildly fluctuating BG's. :hilarious:
I'm sure I'd benefit in general from more exercise but I'm equally sure my BG's wouldn't!

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, @Marie 2 it can be a real nightmare. I don't do anything as exotic as swimming with turtles - or swimming at all these days, can't cope with the chlorine - but mow the grass on a hot day (I have a lot of grass and don't have a ride-on) and if I hadn't planned to and so reduced insulin I'd be eating to compensate. It irks me that, especially as I'd like to lose a few pounds, it's so easy to end up eating for T1. A longer or more stenuous dog -walk - oh, eat something else. Unexpectedly heavy duty gardening - oh, eat something else. An hour dancing - oh, eat something else. Truly tedious. As is the fact I need to finish the grass cutting that was rained off yesterday :meh: Have a good day all!

And @Antje77 hope your doctor was suitably abashed and considerably better-educated!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
And @Antje77 hope your doctor was suitably abashed and considerably better-educated!
We didn't have a lot of time or I would have properly educated her, but she was interested and agreed she missed a few steps by assuming I had high BG's without knowing anything about my diabetes :)
She also believed me right away when I told her my numbers and didn't start a lecture on hypo's so I decided she's a good one.

Diabetes only came up because my phone kept beeping because I had just gotten Diabox to work but had not yet found out how to silence the thing. And I had put my high alarm on 5.8 to see if it would work :hilarious:.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Diabetes only came up because my phone kept beeping because I had just gotten Diabox to work but had not yet found out how to silence the thing. And I had put my high alarm on 5.8 to see if it would work :hilarious:.

Ah, the beeps in Diabox. I have a few of those.
A customer asked me if it was me or her phone, whilst clutching her pocket? I said it was mine. Blood glucose monitor.
Oh she said, "are you type one?" Yes I replied.
She responded by then asking if I was diet controlled.. :banghead:

Just go into "more alerts" & below each alert section you get a sort of spin wheel to set the "snooze" time.
I normally get an alert banner on my screen. I just tap that & hit snooze?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just go into "more alerts" & below each alert section you get a sort of spin wheel to set the "snooze" time.
That button is my best friend by now!
It's just that I got it to work right before the GP could squeeze me in for an appointment straight away when I expected to get one next week or so, must have been a last minute cancellation :)

Reactions: Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1616758585247.jpg

Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, taking an elderly neighbour to hospital this morning for a check-up after surgery. Don't like the idea of leaving them at the front door but apparently that's what we have to do right now, and I can understand why. It's about a 36 mile round trip and the hospital's on the outskirts of my nearest big town, so I'm not sure what I'll do whilst I'm waiting. Sit in the multi-storey car park or walk into town, but I don't want to go too far as I don't want to keep them waiting when they're ready to go home.

Not helped by waking up hypo, jelly babies, fixed, halfway through breakfast and dropped again so more jelly babies. Not sure what's going on....

Have a good day all!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could be the hotter weather that's dropping your levels. I've had the same the last two days, so time to switch to my summer pump basal settings. Hope your neighbour got on ok at hospital, it was kind of you to take her.

Enjoy the rest of your day, and hope everyone else does too.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It could be the hotter weather that's dropping your levels. I've had the same the last two days, so time to switch to my summer pump basal settings. Hope your neighbour got on ok at hospital, it was kind of you to take her.

Enjoy the rest of your day, and hope everyone else does too.
Thanks, I've already dropped my basal which is why it's such a mystery.....and my neighbour got great results thanks, they're much happier than before we went!