What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Late post, two A4 Plein Air watercolour sketches of rock pools done whilst sitting on a bright but wind swept cold beach. The sea defeated our sandcastle again, why am I surprised? :)
View attachment 49770
View attachment 49771
All week we have had a family poetry competition, all must write a poem on a subject of their own choice each day. We read them every evening and they get voted for, Our oldest grandaughter won most nights and so I had to also draw a certificate, here it be....
View attachment 49772 Very makeshift but she liked it especially the pink,:)
All the colours of rock pools, you can almost get the smells, smashing. Poetry competition - excellent idea and well done to Bella.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Sun is out.
I have already been out since 4am, working on the privacy between me and AH new neighbour. It involves camouflage netting, ivy and honeysuckle taken from my front garden, I have thrown some old dried beans there (they will be eager to sprout), and copious amounts of Buddliea branches from my white Buddliea tree. The camouflage netting, although looks a bit weird, does the privacy job brilliantly, and will work until the rest of that vegetation can grow and do it's work. I am just using whatever plants or vegetation I have to hand.

I also brought a couple of cheap beach parasols, nice and garish and bright and cheerful...and they will go behind my bench in the back garden where I like to sit for a bit of the day, but am now unable to because my back is to where the AH new neighbour has exposed by cutting down my garden, I never ever sit anywhere with my back exposed, I need it by a wall (or something) because with being deaf I have no idea if someone is behind me... So, with the camouflage netting and parasols, I shall see if it does the job later today.

Consequently, my hands are extremely unsteady, and it shows in my painting this morning in ZenBrush3
But hey, this is a loose interpretation of Lin Fengmian's sunflowers!

0FD26E31-047F-4FFC-9723-24599559ABC8.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh I am 100% with you. I decided to work out what a typical day would have been when I was a competing track and field athlete with a day's work and then straight on to training after, and I put in that typical carb amount in MyFitnessPal and almost had a coronary!

As an athlete carb loading was key and I competed from my mid-teens all the way through to my 30s. I find it now completely horrifying just how may carbs I could put away in a day. Now I suppose the balance for me is fuelling what I do now with low carb... not easy. I struggle with my BG on a round of golf and I noticeably dip in energy and form from about holes 11-13.
I can imagine that dip of energy @RFSMarch
And that would be very hard to deal with out of the house in the best possible way.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Errant has difficulty hunting, he cannot run fast, or jump and has many broken teeth. Even opening a bin bag is a struggle for him.... He needs to lose weight because he had a heart condition. The extra weight is causing it to work harder.
I am guessing he almost doubled his weight since we first knew him as a skinny, scruffy stray.
You have taken good care of him, and are still taking brilliant care of his needs now. He is a very lucky cat @SlimLizzy

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone fro another day in paradise here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of lamb breast came in at 4.8 this am

I ventured towards the news this morning and was met with words like ‘alarm’ and ‘chaos’ - same old noise then. It’s the last day with this episode of “The Grandchildren Came For Half Term” and they will be going home in the morning - child exchange to be furtively carried out in a motorway car park at the half way marker. I guess I can then get my brushes and inks out again - the have been put away and I am just using a couple of brush pens and a water brush on a few sheets of monoprinted rice paper...

...and here is another. Hope that everyone has as pleasant a Friday as you can. Time for koffy.

upload_2021-6-4_8-3-8.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Sun is out.
I have already been out since 4am, working on the privacy between me and AH new neighbour. It involves camouflage netting, ivy and honeysuckle taken from my front garden, I have thrown some old dried beans there (they will be eager to sprout), and copious amounts of Buddliea branches from my white Buddliea tree. The camouflage netting, although looks a bit weird, does the privacy job brilliantly, and will work until the rest of that vegetation can grow and do it's work. I am just using whatever plants or vegetation I have to hand.

I also brought a couple of cheap beach parasols, nice and garish and bright and cheerful...and they will go behind my bench in the back garden where I like to sit for a bit of the day, but am now unable to because my back is to where the AH new neighbour has exposed by cutting down my garden, I never ever sit anywhere with my back exposed, I need it by a wall (or something) because with being deaf I have no idea if someone is behind me... So, with the camouflage netting and parasols, I shall see if it does the job later today.

Consequently, my hands are extremely unsteady, and it shows in my painting this morning in ZenBrush3
But hey, this is a loose interpretation of Lin Fengmian's sunflowers!

View attachment 49777
Pleased to read that you have some temporary solutions and also long term plans to get your garden back in order. I like the looseness of your sunflowers, wonderful bright colours to start the day.

Reactions: jjraak

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can imagine that dip of energy @RFSMarch
And that would be very hard to deal with out of the house in the best possible way.

Jelly babies in the cooler section of my cart bag and two bottles of water to try and stay hydrated! Oh and to my immense amusement (and I was actually quite impressed too) the gold club laid on a 'loo buggy' at the 9th hole for anyone playing on the ladies days to quickly drive back to the club house and back before carrying on. More clubs should do this.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning. Friday is @karen8967 's meme day - done; salmon avo salad day - job in hand. Little extra this week looking after wife with broken ankle and figuring out just how the new gadgets here work and where the opposite of heaven everything is if it isn't still in a box. Washing is in progress as I know how that machine works and hot or not it all gets tumble dried. I know how the dishwasher works and have experience of operating all three vacuum cleaners. @Krystyna23040 great that supersonic has now become NFN. @Muddy Cyclist poetry competition is a great idea and I may pinch the certificate as we have a Bella. @RFSMarch hug for the choking amidst those luminaries but winner for the loo buggy and replacement Swipey. @dunelm I hope the journey and handover go smoothly - do check what colour zone the swap place has been designated. @gennepher so much hassle in your life but you always find a way to fight back - usually (always?) via you art and garden. Bravo. Oh yes, I was 4.4 on the Mk2 Swipey - who knows but it fits some other data so could be a non alternative truth. Think I know what AH means now - like opinions, we've all got one?

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Grand but coolish day in Cumbria.

Been wondering why Doris is trying to teach us the Greek alphabet and how the Nepal variant will be described when Epsilon becomes current in the British masses?

Or does it just indicate another attempt, after failing to put India outside international travel for weeks unnecessarily of getting a trade deal by taking the heat off?

Obviously Portugal is no prize or something to point to.....to say how on the ball they are!
D:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have I missed some posts @ianpspurs ?

Poor Julie. Tell her she has my sympathies
How did that happen ?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have I missed some posts @ianpspurs ?

Poor Julie. Tell her she has my sympathies
How did that happen ?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Thanks @jjraak. She broke the other ankle in 2012 which was part of a horrendous year culminating May 8th 2013. That required an operation and metal plate. This one may not according to hospital but ortho team will contact us maybe Monday. Yesterday, she fell/tripped in a badly disguised hole where part of a kerb edge was missing and filled with dust/dirt. A delivery lorry blocked the path. She was on the way to watch Frozen, outdoors in St Albans with DIL and 2 grandchildren. competition win and favour for No 3 son:arghh:. Stopped as gels wanted something from garage shop or she needed fuel or pregnant DIL needed comfort break - or all of the above. Lorry driver helped her up, she complained to the manager of shop - meh quoth he. Carried on, drove home. Many hrs later at West Suffolk hospital (roof supported by many acrows, eh Matty) foot in special boot. I think this is basically all part of a disastrous move and most days are BOHICA but I am not the most happy chap by nature.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How awful for her @ianpspurs .

And to then drive so far . A tough cookie

Bless her for not wanting to let them down.
The love of a mother /grandmother, huh
Fierce in defending their young

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How awful for her @ianpspurs .

And to then drive so far . A tough cookie

Bless her for not wanting to let them down.
The love of a mother /grandmother, huh
Fierce in defending their young
Yes, she loves those gels so much she'd do anything - then I may well cop the flack. I've said it before but 2.30 kick off Saturday afternoon, big crowd, party afterwards. You make promises that come back to bite yer AH years later. It is what it is.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning. Friday is @karen8967 's meme day - done; salmon avo salad day - job in hand. Little extra this week looking after wife with broken ankle and figuring out just how the new gadgets here work and where the opposite of heaven everything is if it isn't still in a box. Washing is in progress as I know how that machine works and hot or not it all gets tumble dried. I know how the dishwasher works and have experience of operating all three vacuum cleaners. @Krystyna23040 great that supersonic has now become NFN. @Muddy Cyclist poetry competition is a great idea and I may pinch the certificate as we have a Bella. @RFSMarch hug for the choking amidst those luminaries but winner for the loo buggy and replacement Swipey. @dunelm I hope the journey and handover go smoothly - do check what colour zone the swap place has been designated. @gennepher so much hassle in your life but you always find a way to fight back - usually (always?) via you art and garden. Bravo. Oh yes, I was 4.4 on the Mk2 Swipey - who knows but it fits some other data so could be a non alternative truth. Think I know what AH means now - like opinions, we've all got one?
Sorry to hear that Ian,
Hope Julie is not in too much pain and the ankle heals as it should.
You will be doubly busy and just have to steal glances at the cricket!
All the very best to you and Julie.
Derek

lindisfel

Expert
Helen our eldest is coming up for week and staying with s.i.l. in a farm stay close by, which enables them to go into Lakes when they like.

But!!! I am very untidy normally and the duchess is tidying me up because they are coming here quite a lot during the week.
I suggested this am I could put a hook in the boiler room and she could hook me up in there if was too untidy. ;)
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Helen our eldest is coming up for week and staying with s.i.l. in a farm stay close by, which enables them to go into Lakes when they like.

But!!! I am very untidy normally and the duchess is tidying me up because they are coming here quite a lot during the week.
I suggested this am I could put a hook in the boiler room and she could hook me up in there if was too untidy. ;)
D.
Wicked sense of humour young man but a quality human being. Top, top bloke.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening just Ladies and Gentlemen.
Two special mentions today @ianpspurs and @gennepher, me and me's hope your trials and tribulations don't get you down too much and a swift recovery is underway.

A 7.2 this morning on that grrrrrr meter........

Life on a coat hook @lindisfel, in your boiler room, one or several of me's hope you don't have an infestation of rodents in your nether regions and owls in your hair.

Changing subject
Mrs J decided to give our front lawn a short back and sides yesterday, going to the bother of putting the lawmower away afterwards, now Mrs J does not like doing the edges with the strimmer, but being brave and pushing my luck I suggested the strimming should be done and done it certainly was.....

Well Mrs J then in bad grace suggested I inspect the strimming and inspect I most certainly did with a tape measure and found a variation of up to 50m ( 2 inches in old money ), after tactfully pointing this out to Mrs J, Mrs J was not impressed........and I won't mention where the strimmer was put away.

Stay safe, stay well, stay apart and above all else stay away from wives carrying strimmers.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@gennepher if you put your camouflage netting up on metal supports or use chicken wire, up to your desired hedge height, he won't be able to cut future growth down without damaging his hedge cutter.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening just Ladies and Gentlemen.
Two special mentions today @ianpspurs and @gennepher, me and me's hope your trials and tribulations don't get you down too much and a swift recovery is underway.

A 7.2 this morning on that grrrrrr meter........

Life on a coat hook @lindisfel, in your boiler room, one or several of me's hope you don't have an infestation of rodents in your nether regions and owls in your hair.

Changing subject
Mrs J decided to give our front lawn a short back and sides yesterday, going to the bother of putting the lawmower away afterwards, now Mrs J does not like doing the edges with the strimmer, but being brave and pushing my luck I suggested the strimming should be done and done it certainly was.....

Well Mrs J then in bad grace suggested I inspect the strimming and inspect I most certainly did with a tape measure and found a variation of up to 50m ( 2 inches in old money ), after tactfully pointing this out to Mrs J, Mrs J was not impressed........and I won't mention where the strimmer was put away.

Stay safe, stay well, stay apart and above all else stay away from wives carrying strimmers.
Thanks @alf_Josiah. Like Mr Asquith we must wait and see what the Ortho team decide then scream/give a sigh of relief or whatever. Did that strimmerecgtomy take long? How's the Chalfonts?