What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from a dull and cooler Suffolk edge. No fbg as I was so excited by passing Level 1 Homemaker practical I couldn't bear the potential bitter disappointment from Swipey. Bathroom scales, sleep score, SpO2 all good (Bristol Stool Chart 4 yesterday:woot::woot:) so I'm sanguine about vital signs. @geefull wonderful painting and thanks for your good wishes for Julie. @dunelm very public spirited of you to help out at local GP surgery, top bloke. @Krystyna23040 the Katz Deli reference was to the famous scene from When Harry met Sally - I'll have what she's having. (decided against posting the youtube link) and your spell check suggestion. Wonderful art posted here on the regular but @lindisfel seems to have found an amazing artist - please pass on my thanks when you next talk, Derek. Almond milk needs straining and slurry drying for h/m almond flour so Moscow.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
the Katz Deli reference was to the famous scene from When Harry met Sally - I'll have what she's having. (decided against posting the youtube link) and your spell check suggestion.
That is really funny. I must admit that I was a bit 'slow on the uptake ' when I read your original post.

That often happens with Mr K - he jokes about something and I think he is being serious.

Reactions: gennepher

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 fbs. Am now relaxing with a coffee after a lovely dog walk. Before the dog walk I realised my phone was missing. I knew it was in the house, but it was on silent so I couldn't ring it. After an extensive search of the house Mr K found it in one of the dogs beds. I'd obviously dropped it when saying goodnight to the dogs. What a relief.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 fbs. Am now relaxing with a coffee after a lovely dog walk. Before the dog walk I realised my phone was missing. I knew it was in the house, but it was on silent so I couldn't ring it. After an extensive search of the house Mr K found it in one of the dogs beds. I'd obviously dropped it when saying goodnight to the dogs. What a relief.
Winner purely for saying good night to the dogs. Yogurt good this morning?:angelic: You didn't win the Euromillions either then? Still, where would either of us put another yacht?

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all missed the sailing of the good ship Venus, better stop their, that was nearly the first line of a rather rude rugby song. .....yes I played rugby in my youth, just for @ianpspurs, scrum half.

A early morning cheese fuelled 7.5.

Today is being donated to catching up with domestication, avoiding Mrs J and generally selfishly enjoying my self.

Looks like surge testing is going to be introduced into various areas of Reading, fortunately not the area we live in, but one and the rest of me's have to be alert.

Stay safe, stay well and stay away from Reading.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all missed the sailing of the good ship Venus, better stop their, that was nearly the first line of a rather rude rugby song. .....yes I played rugby in my youth, just for @ianpspurs, scrum half.

Today is being donated to catching up with domestication, avoiding Mrs J and generally selfishly enjoying my self.

Looks like surge testing is going to be introduced into various areas of Reading, fortunately not the area we live in, but one and the rest of me's have to be alert.

Thanks for the heads up @alf_Josiah and take care in Reading. I've been there a few times for a Festival or two. I played rugby on the wing. Rugby Saturday, football Sunday but Cricket three+ times a week, plus coaching, my real love. Same songs (Old MacDonald anyone?) just a different class of accent and lucrative "networking".;)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Late to the show, but welcome to the 'hood' ;)

Surge testing been here for ages, worrying at first, but all going to make up the case numbers rather then any specific measure it seems, at the moment anyway.

You could get LFT tests delivered if you wanted to help identify cases or for added reassurance.

Free & quick delivery from NHS if you opt for it.

Enjoy the day, seems like you've planned it well.:D

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A few days no fbg .so catch is it's still in the 6 range ..foods good, so still thinking it's the exercise that's lacking, and more so the intensity.

Small injury update, yesterday first time since Decembers incident that I managed the stairs in a normal fashion. Whoop whoop...only took me 6 months :hilarious:

Felt SO good, once I stopped to think I hadn't had to stop and single step once .:D

A couple of other good things happened.

Furry nephew was one, two lovely walks in the glorious sunshine,
And first public outing in shorts since early 2020..:wideyed::woot:..

And while I enjoy what I eat, I kind of hanker more now for some of the old dishes..spag bol being one.

Tried konjak ages back...yuk :spitoutdummy::spitoutdummy::spitoutdummy:

Been toying with buying a spiralizer..reviews not all great, so dithering over which to by

Notice, ( obv now I WANT to try) very little in the way of courgetti type things in stores :rolleyes:

SO I set about making some courghetti without a spiralizer
Cut strip's out of a plain old courgette, until I spotted a tip to use cheese grater.

How gloriously simple.

Grated, cooked, worked a treat

One more dish now useful for that work pack lunch.

Had a wonderful curry (balti style ) last night with roasted cauli rice..yum.

Just need to find similar for Singapore noodles,
And it's job jobbed .

Enjoy the day all.:happy:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late to the show, but welcome to the 'hood' ;)

Surge testing been here for ages, worrying at first, but all going to make up the case numbers rather then any specific measure it seems, at the moment anyway.

You could get LFT tests delivered if you wanted to help identify cases or for added reassurance.

Free & quick delivery from NHS if you opt for it.

Enjoy the day, seems like you've planned it well.:D

Just as an item of interest

May have quoted them before, one I Follow,
Way over my pay grade, but they just make it all understandable
( See profile if curious about qualifications, seen a few challenge it, and go down in flames, )

https://twitter.com/sailorrooscout/status/1400785410347999234?s=19

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A few days no fbg .so catch is it's still in the 6 range ..foods good, so still thinking it's the exercise that's lacking, and more so the intensity.

Small injury update, yesterday first time since Decembers incident that I managed the stairs in a normal fashion. Whoop whoop...only took me 6 months :hilarious:

Felt SO good, once I stopped to think I hadn't had to stop and single step once .:D

A couple of other good things happened.

Furry nephew was one, two lovely walks in the glorious sunshine,
And first public outing in shorts since early 2020..:wideyed::woot:..

And while I enjoy what I eat, I kind of hanker more now for some of the old dishes..spag bol being one.

Tried konjak ages back...yuk :spitoutdummy::spitoutdummy::spitoutdummy:

Been toying with buying a spiralizer..reviews not all great, so dithering over which to by

Notice, ( obv now I WANT to try) very little in the way of courgetti type things in stores :rolleyes:

SO I set about making some courghetti without a spiralizer
Cut strip's out of a plain old courgette, until I spotted a tip to use cheese grater.

How gloriously simple.

Grated, cooked, worked a treat

One more dish now useful for that work pack lunch.

Had a wonderful curry (balti style ) last night with roasted cauli rice..yum.

Just need to find similar for Singapore noodles,
And it's job jobbed .

Enjoy the day all.:happy:
We have a posh spiralizer hiding in the back of a cupboard and what a pain - works fine but try cleaning it without shredding your fingers. We have three little cone things - they sit in a drawer and are used often - easy to use and clean, take up little room - and cheap as chips. I think that they came from Amazon but it could have been from the Nile.
upload_2021-6-5_14-24-36.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have a posh spiralizer hiding in the back of a cupboard and what a pain - works fine but try cleaning it without shredding your fingers. We have three little cone things - they sit in a drawer and are used often - easy to use and clean, take up little room - and cheap as chips. I think that they came from Amazon but it could have been from the Nile.
View attachment 49807

Cheers for that.
Small enough to fit in a draw, if it's left unused.

Last thing I need is yet another kitchen "Gadget" gathering dust AND taking up space on a shelf.:hilarious:

Ordered via Amazon , couldn't use the other choice, because I'm in de-nile ;)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers for that.
Small enough to fit in a draw, if it's left unused.

Last thing I need is yet another kitchen "Gadget" gathering dust AND taking up space on a shelf.:hilarious:

Ordered via Amazon , couldn't use the other choice, because I'm in de-nile ;)
When doing veg, I stick a fork in the end to use as a handle - gets more through without it turning into a shredder

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.3 yesterday and 4.4 today

I still find our volunteering day tiring but we're getting more used to it again. I tend to fall asleep in the evening after we get home :sorry:

Don't know what it is about the lockdown but after the grand piano donation the other week there was an upright piano and an electric organ in the big shed yesterday (I saw that grin you lot, don't get me into trouble with the mods :D :angelic:)

Mr gee helped the furniture volunteers to check and clean them.

I do join you in wishing that our doctor's would have got their act together in a more timely way. I spent a lot of my adult life getting more and more overweight and being told I was lazy and eating too much. You can tell they don't believe you when you say you're sticking to their dietary advice :(

My diaversary was on the 31st of May and you friendly people have been such a help and support to me. Keeping your eyes and feet in good order certainly does concentrate the mind wonderfully.

Hope your day is treating you as well as you could wish :)

@gennepher - I'm late to the group but I'm sending hugs, how dreadful of your AH neighbour :( I do hope that you get some satisfaction although it can not replace what has been lost.

I'm impressed with your plans to mitigate some of the lost privacy and I'm enjoying your paintings inspired by Lin Fengmian, your birds painting has a lovely delicate layered foliage background and your sunflowers are brave and determined (rather like you :) ).

@dunelm - more effective monoprints, that technique is certainly proving inspirational, your bird is very strong and I absolutely love your loose floral brush painting today, so airy :joyful:

@Krystyna23040 - I have the greatest respect and admiration for your grit and determination in tackling your diagnosis :)

@Muddy Cyclist - lovely looking firm sand for a ride :)

Two great plein air rock pool sketches today, I love the way you use colour and bring it into your work.
Well done to Bella :joyful:

@ianpspurs - please give my good wishes to Julie, how unfortunate, I hope it is not too complex an injury and will settle down and mend quickly.

art bit - I hope this loads ok, the first couple of tries I it told me the file was too big even though it was less than 500mb :sorry:

View attachment 49795
Thanks for the commiserations @geefull
And nice words on my painting.
I love this painting.
It makes me smile.
And that is MY cottage I want to move to with NO neighbours...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are right. The loo buggy is such a good idea.
I used to carry jelly babies with me when I was injecting insulin. The only problem was that I love jelly babies and it took so much willpower to stop myself eating them when I didn't need them.
I love jelly babies too @Krystyna23040
They should sell them in ones...

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another promise of azure here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken salad came in at 5.1 this am

The ninky nonks are going home this morning. Mrs Miggins will be taking them to the half way handover point on her own. I am at the GP surgery, we have 600 vaccines to give out to lucky winners - most will be second vaccines but there will be some younger people. Having had loads of practice so with the waiting room now being used as a concertina conga line and the paperwork and live reporting to NHS England we should be whisking them through. Just need to give my cattle prod a final charge!

Hope that everyone has a pleasant Saturday and can stay away from tourist hoards. Koffy time.

View attachment 49804
I love the colours on this @dunelm

Reactions: jjraak