What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 sniffle, sniffle, sniffle. First cold proper since lockdown - that's what I get for forgetting to take my Vitamins. Lovely day down here so sun lounger may be a requirement.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. Broke the cycle with 5.6 after an almost carbless day!
@Estragon ”Fickle Pickle” sums it up well. Hugs for higher BG also hugs to @ziggy_w for routine confusion, still great numbers, and hugs to @Ryhia for thefirst cold in a year on probs the hottest day of the year, lots of water, rest and TLC.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Haven't posted for a couple of days. The fasting readings for the last few days were 5.7, 5.6, 5.4, 4.9 and 4.8. Levels actually seem to be lower when I don't exercise the day before -- funny, it used to be the other day around.

@ianpspurs -- Hugs to Julie. Hope she'll be on the mend soon.
@ultradad, @Sydneyhorn, and @992947x -- Welcome to the thread.
@DJC3 -- Hugs for the nightmare and @Ryhia -- Hugs for the restless legs, sore throat and cold.
@Estragon and @mojo37 -- Good fasting levels lately. Really well done.
Thank you @ziggy_w. With me nursing her what could possibly go wrong??:arghh: Seems the dishwasher, washing machine and tumbledrier function perfectly without an advanced diploma in loading "Just So". Good news for Modern Man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sydneyhorn

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was 5.9 this morning, a bit later than usual.
Great scores @Daphne917 and @ultradad.
Hurrah @PenguinMum I hope your zero carb day has reset things.
@ziggy_w I’ve found a similar correlation/ non correlation with exercise. Each time I think I’ve got it sussed though, it changes again. As @Estragon says, it’s a Fickle Pickle!
I Hope things are still running like clockwork in the P household @ianpspurs have you received a tutorial on dishwasher loading? It’s not for the novice. We don’t have one here but I have spent hours in a previous life, unloading and reloading so it was ‘just so’ It seemed obvious to me but none of the rest of the family.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
have you received a tutorial on dishwasher loading?
Lol son and I disagree over which way up cutlery goes in basket..I like the used bit facing north, son likes handles facing north..I just HAVE TO rearrange behind his back.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I Hope things are still running like clockwork in the P household @ianpspurs have you received a tutorial on dishwasher loading? It’s not for the novice. We don’t have one here but I have spent hours in a previous life, unloading and reloading so it was ‘just so’ It seemed obvious to me but none of the rest of the family.
Yay for being in the 5s. You may have confused me with someone who would pay any heed to anything I was told. Nod, say "yes dear" and do exactly what I want anyhow. Who me?

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone ... coming back to my reporting days... have had a few horrid weeks since Magic went and had my second vax but over the long weekend we went to York and Chester and I ate a bit more carbs than I would otherwise and the readings while high did not cross 10 which was perhaps the positive sign I was looking for although it might have to do with the amount of walking on 2 days...

Anyways, I did a 4 days fast from Tuesday till Friday and readings remained in good zone with daily averages of 6, 5.9, 5.4 and 4.7. Then broke fast Friday evening and reading this morning was 5.9.

We went out again today and I ate relatively more carbs than I normally do but we also walked well over 15K steps and hence reading thus far is OK and averaging at 6.1.

We shall see what it is in morning.

@DJC3 noticed that nightmares seem to be bothering you for a while. May I suggest that you give mint tea a try before sleeping. It helps my wife a lot when nightmares have been frequent in past few weeks in our household.

@mojo37 6.3 is a brilliant reading... looks like some good has happened while I was away.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
6.7 - I’m quite astonished, yesterday was Lasagne, followed by non-Diab chocolate Brownies, strawbs and fresh cream. Prossie + Rioja Red and then Rioja Rose..... But I finished off with Mint tea, yeah, that’s what saved me ;).

@nutribolt I noticed you’d been missing. Dealing with your loss and then sharing here all sounds very Human. Thanks for the fulsome update. :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 just now, it was 6.3 and hour ago so I’m claiming the later reading as my fbg. I think my nice little run of 5s might be coming to an end soon though.
@nutribolt it’s good to see you back and in the zone again, I’m glad you have been able to recharge. Thanks for the mint tea tip, @Estragon is also singing its virtues so I will definitely try it.
@ultradad early mornings do seem to be a thing which happens to many on lchf woe, no idea why but I really like the quiet peaceful start to my days now, it’s much nicer than waking to an alarm.

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning. 4.2 on Swipey for me - fits with 18 gms carb, summer, shorts, ni socks nor thermals, cutting what passes for lawns here and cricket on tv. Whatever the season my main meal is usually some kind of fish salad anyway. @ultradad, as @DJC says, early waking seems to be common on LC - I've been known to thrash the exercise bike before 3.30 am. Good to see you back @nutribolt. Anyone who knows me would be astounded to hear I planted some flowers yesterday just because M'lady bought them and is incapacitated.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 today but I did fall back asleep till 0800. Thats very noble @DJC I would have posted the 5. Mine continues to rise if I dont eat something. It seems to be more important when you wake rather than foot to floor
@nutribolt welcome back you have done well all things considered. @Estragon that was some ‘get out of jail card’ lovely! @ultradad you are storming it. I need to test when I first wake, was spending my time foolishly online at 05.00.
@ianpspurs all part of the CV well done.