What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Being such a clever girl, I forgot to test this morning. Duh! When I did remember to test it was well after breakfast with bloods on the rise against my sausages and egg - I am claiming that was the reason I got a 6.4. ;)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 today but I did fall back asleep till 0800. Thats very noble @DJC I would have posted the 5. Mine continues to rise if I dont eat something. It seems to be more important when you wake rather than foot to floor
@nutribolt welcome back you have done well all things considered. @Estragon that was some ‘get out of jail card’ lovely! @ultradad you are storming it. I need to test when I first wake, was spending my time foolishly online at 05.00.
@ianpspurs all part of the CV well done.
Thanks. 3.5 hrs on, mine was 4.8 with only Assam and h/m almond mylk on board as usual. This is all so very N=1 / Nolens Volens.

Last edited:

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Slept late at 2.30AM and got up late at 9 AM To a reading of 6.9. Overnight average is 7.2.

Will be my fasting day today and quite possibly tomorrow as well.

@DJC3 i think the higher than normal readings for some of us is partly due to the life happening around as and partly due to vax.

@Sydneyhorn 2 days in a row is a sprint for sure if not run. Well done.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

5.7 yesterday and 5.0 today. Will be taking a bit of a break from my meter (maybe for a week).

@nutribolt -- Welcome back. It's good to see you posting again.

Hope all is well with you, I think a periodic break is very therapeutic. It’s so easy to get wrapped up in those numbers. Looking forward to seeing you back in a week or so.