What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6 for me today. Expected lower after just under 30 grams of carbs yesterday.

New mobile arrives today, Samsung with posh cameras, I shall miss my poor old Blackberry with its quirty key board. So a day buried in the mysteries of getting stuff off one phone onto another.

Then this afternoon Audiology appointment. Here we go again on the merry go round of can't do it sir wax in ear, can't remove it sir go away and bath in olive oil, fall through net and remain deaf in left ear.

Keep safe and boldly meander through your day.

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Good Morning and 6 for me today. Expected lower after just under 30 grams of carbs yesterday.

New mobile arrives today, Samsung with posh cameras, I shall miss my poor old Blackberry with its quirty key board. So a day buried in the mysteries of getting stuff off one phone onto another.

Then this afternoon Audiology appointment. Here we go again on the merry go round of can't do it sir wax in ear, can't remove it sir go away and bath in olive oil, fall through net and remain deaf in left ear.

Keep safe and boldly meander through your day.

Hi Muddy,
Have you tried getting the wax out after a couple weeks of olive oil treatment?
I got a devices from ebay that consists of a long nozzle plus a round rubber chamber to fill with slightly warm water. Then syringe over bowl.

I did both my and Marjorie's ears but my right ear is still far below par..but its not wax.
Local surgeries stopped doing wax a few years ago.
One ear defective is usually an ENT job before one gets an hearing aid.
D.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 this morning. Will catch up later but am still getting ready to leave at 9am for a full day teaching in norwivh. Packing enough food and drink to last me until my return home at 10pm.

lateral flow test negative.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Another hot day in 'paradise'....

More shifting around of plants to the area between me and AH new neighbour (who by the way complained of the noisy ice cream van who always stopped outside his, and sometimes I bought an ice lolly from the ice cream van, but now ice cream van won't come in my road, but parks round the corner down the hill, which is too far and painful for me to walk, to get a lolly and have a chat with the ice cream man).

A nasty man is AH new neighbour.

Anyway, today is relocating all my pot bound plants to the earth I trod in doing that barrier of camouflage and everything else I did, so they have the freedom of the earth to explore their roots. And I will give each one a blessing, and request they shield me from all negative energies coming from next door...it will be a tranquil barrier and I will be able to sit in private, secluded peace again. Obviously I will be out there minus my speech processor which brings in unwanted noises from his. But I need to get out now when I can wear my speech processor in peace, until the noise starts.

How do you hearing people manage when you have an objectionable noisy neighbour? My speech processor chooses what noises it allows me to hear. For example if I am in the kitchen and there are two noises, eg kettle boiling, and something frying in the pan, then my speech processor chooses one of those noises for me to hear, and dampens down the other to almost nothing. Then once the kettle has boiled and turns off, suddenly the noise of the frying pan sizzles comes back and it is like the flames of hell are cackling. It is most disconcerting. And I hate this selection of noises it does. It is something to do with the 'cleverness' of the speech processor that does that. And similarly for next door, my speech processor picks on a noise, and it will be amplified, out of proportion to the other surrounding noises. My speech processor amplifies AH new neighbour's voice so it becomes strident and penetrating ot of proportion to surrounding noises. All this is the 'cleverness' of this speech processor which is 'choosing' the noise it thinks you should be hearing.

So I am off out now before any strident penetrating noises start, and listen to the little female robin who has returned to my garden, but there is no mate with her. She is calling and calling and calling, so I hope her mate wasn't a casualty of AH new neighbour's chainsaw activities on my hedge.

A lousy attempt here at painting. I tried ZenBrush2 and put it in Procreate for some colour. But this is a whole new ball game, and I don't have the patience or time this morning to work on it any more. Inspired by Lin Fengmian again.

Bye, will catch up later today or tonight...

854077C3-49E3-4DA7-A6C8-D73D8ED8ED1B.jpeg

lindisfel

Expert
Another young sportsman seems to be blighted by being silly when young.

There certainly seems to no forgiveness or being reconciled in the new woke non religious morality.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a cool for my liking start to a week which promises some genuine heat and sunshine. Cue much watering in Breckland. Since when are picnic blankets, outdoor toys and garden furniture summer essentials over which to confect a scare story BBC? (We have them all already thanks) FBG of 4.7 @ 6.23 which is about an hr+ late for me and I also had a dream which is not quite like hen's teeth but rare enough. Hug for your eyesight woes @True Blue and I hope the wait isn't too long. @Muddy Cyclist I hope the phone swap goes smoothly and loss of hearing can be resolved as well as can be. @dunelm best wishes for clearing the unwanted and retaining the precious. Another skip arrives here Friday and two burly sons are very keen to declutter. Julie can't stand and plead for items to be saved and I frequently feel like just saving the monster TV, teapot, kettle and tea plus a few clothes then bulldoze the house and set fire to the lot. What could possibly go wrong? Your AH neighbour puts you to so much inconvenience @gennepher and still you produce great art. @geefull yesterday sounds wonderful and the art is once again more than I at least deserve. @Krystyna23040 that is one helluva day lady- proper trooper. @alf_Josiah hug for yesterday's low. Hideous ramble done folks. Tata.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another young sportsman seems to be blighted by being silly when young.

There certainly seems to no forgiveness or being reconciled in the new woke non religious morality.
Ollie Robinson? The Suits should have protected him better. No due diligence and preparing him for what was inevitable. When Stokes and Woakes are fine he'll be gone. That was more about sponsors than wokeness IMHO.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

More shifting around of plants to the area between me and AH new neighbour (who by the way complained of the noisy ice cream van who always stopped outside his, and sometimes I bought an ice lolly from the ice cream van, but now ice cream van won't come in my road, but parks round the corner down the hill, which is too far and painful for me to walk, to get a lolly and have a chat with the ice cream man).

Anyway, today is relocating all my pot bound plants to the earth I trod in doing that barrier of camouflage and everything else I did, so they have the freedom of the earth to explore their roots. And I will give each one a blessing, and request they shield me from all negative energies coming from next door...it will be a tranquil barrier and I will be able to sit in private, secluded peace again. Obviously I will be out there minus my speech processor which brings in unwanted noises from his. But I need to get out now when I can wear my speech processor in peace, until the noise starts.

How do you hearing people manage when you have an objectionable noisy neighbour? My speech processor chooses what noises it allows me to hear. For example if I am in the kitchen and there are two noises, eg kettle boiling, and something frying in the pan, then my speech processor chooses one of those noises for me to hear, and dampens down the other to almost nothing. Then once the kettle has boiled and turns off, suddenly the noise of the frying pan sizzles comes back and it is like the flames of hell are cackling. It is most disconcerting. And I hate this selection of noises it does. It is something to do with the 'cleverness' of the speech processor that does that. And similarly for next door, my speech processor picks on a noise, and it will be amplified, out of proportion to the other surrounding noises. My speech processor amplifies AH new neighbour's voice so it becomes strident and penetrating ot of proportion to surrounding noises. All this is the 'cleverness' of this speech processor which is 'choosing' the noise it thinks you should be hearing.

So I am off out now before any strident penetrating noises start, and listen to the little female robin who has returned to my garden, but there is no mate with her. She is calling and calling and calling, so I hope her mate wasn't a casualty of AH new neighbour's chainsaw activities on my hedge.

A lousy attempt here at painting. I tried ZenBrush2 and put it in Procreate for some colour. But this is a whole new ball game, and I don't have the patience or time this morning to work on it any more. Inspired by Lin Fengmian again.

View attachment 49832
Lovely light falling on the bridge - we seem to be doing our art all wrong but hopefully nothing will come of it:
https://news.artnet.com/art-world/i...-p7cSPkpPLm6i05BcihhH7xUx4PB4esxrEXEtUmy4nkEU

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Muddy,
Have you tried getting the wax out after a couple weeks of olive oil treatment?
I got a devices from ebay that consists of a long nozzle plus a round rubber chamber to fill with slightly warm water. Then syringe over bowl.

I did both my and Marjorie's ears but my right ear is still far below par..but its not wax.
Local surgeries stopped doing wax a few years ago.
One ear defective is usually an ENT job before one gets an hearing aid.
D.
Yep, done all that, same device. Last Audiology done by Spec Savers in Feb just after NHS had sucked wax out so all clear, exam showed significant hearing loss in left ear, said yes to NHS hearing aid but doctor would not sign for me to have one until seen by NHS AGAIN! So going around in circles. But thanks for concern and help.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

View attachment 49832
Your mood deludes your artistic appreciation, this piece is good and the light you captured excellent.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A menu for "eating to your meter" baffled me 6 years ago. Here's is my menu, varies little. Cronomter analysis. (Early morning task most days to plan my food) - also gives nutes and vits. I have no idea how to achieve N and V targets without supplements. May help newbies or explain my issues with LC. App set to US 2016 values (so net carbs) as it functions best on that setting IMO. My own recipes in blue. I'm aiming for protein above UK RDA and fibre >30 gms. Seems cals are very important for me. Not wild about the fat but mainly "good" (I've never been 100% convinced). Working to substitute protein from the babybel, JBB (Polish sausage) - >Pastrami and Yog or a Whey protein isolate shake?. Work in progress but noticeable improvements in 3 areas I monitor (sleep, weight, transit) with a quasi PE approach. Brand names not what I will eat - Ocado delivered his week.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-07 09.22.16.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-07 09.22.16.png
    89.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. I use those descriptors loosely, you never know who might be reading our posts......poor deluded fools.

A not surprising 6.8 cheese fuelled reading this morning.

Due to me and me's being 70% vegan, 30% carnivore and 15% neanderthal the hospital wanted blood tests hence......
Me and me's have just got home from the gp's for multiple blood and blood pressure tests. @jjraak mentioned LFT's ( liver function tests ), hbA1c and 13 others. Thorough or what?

After getting my blood sugars under control yesterday morning I went out on the motorcycle doing 160+ miles constantly doing blood sugar tests and careful eating having a great ride. Up past Moreton in the Marsh, down south to Hungerford for a koffy at a pub once owned by the late Johnny Morris of animal magic fame then back to Reading land of surge testing.

Have a great day all and importantly remember the stays.

lindisfel

Expert
Ollie Robinson? The Suits should have protected him better. No due diligence and preparing him for what was inevitable. When Stokes and Woakes are fine he'll be gone. That was more about sponsors than wokeness IMHO.

Hi Ian,
It always the same with politics, it is not what you do, its what is found out and how its used that matters.
Given enough time and truth and reconciliation, pretty much everything is forgotten but short term the knives come out and the melefactors are forced to suffer for their non secret errors of perhaps using the wrong word.
Government minister Profumo erred in a big way in the early sixties.. he spent the rest of his life making up for his sins away from politics with a big C.

I much prefer the Judge I hope to get!
Derek

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. I use those descriptors loosely, you never know who might be reading our posts......poor deluded fools.

A not surprising 6.8 cheese fuelled reading this morning.

Due to me and me's being 70% vegan, 30% carnivore and 15% neanderthal the hospital wanted blood tests hence......
Me and me's have just got home from the gp's for multiple blood and blood pressure tests. @jjraak mentioned LFT's ( liver function tests ), hbA1c and 13 others. Thorough or what?

After getting my blood sugars under control yesterday morning I went out on the motorcycle doing 160+ miles constantly doing blood sugar tests and careful eating having a great ride. Up past Moreton in the Marsh, down south to Hungerford for a koffy at a pub once owned by the late Johnny Morris of animal magic fame then back to Reading land of surge testing.

Have a great day all and importantly remember the stays.
Hope the results come back as you would desire Alf. Motor cycle ride sounds like a real tonic with you being confined for so long. Take care. We share "Bantz" but I appreciate where you are coming from.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here is my daily salad to complete the "eat to your meter" example. Mackerel most days and an avocado usually. Avo is good for fibre, costly for cals budget. Post prandial usually a 0 or slight -. At worst +.5. My main meal of the day maybe 6 out of 7 days every season. The cream is in coffee (750 mls, mildest 420 mls Nespresso we can find, hot water, cream and SF caramel) at around 11.00 am when I break my fast from about 6.00 pm (ideally). Recently I have the Fage, raspberries, flaxseed and 2 tsps inulin combo then - tends to drop bg. Compromise, as cream frets I. May or may not help anyone but the whole process still totally baffles me. I think I plan and monitor carefully. I'm pretty sure that's LC and being proactive but I'm just not convinced it works. One can do all one can but this may just not be enough. If you are finding things tough don't worry. It is for most of us but some just won't let on.
Edit: No LC cooked meal comes anywhere close in pleasure to Friday's salmon avo salad. Salmon is cooked, skin V crispy!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-07 10.26.48.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-07 10.26.48.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
@ianpspurs , @lindisfel , when I first read your posts concerning that Robinson fellow I had no idea what you both were going on about, but now let me and me's see if I have got this right. This Robinson fellow is a young cricketer who has been banned from playing bat and ball for England because 10 years ago as a teenager he wrote some alleged " racist " texts / tweets.
Recap, 10 years ago, teenager, racist? Then probably not, but in today's world?

Let those who never did anything marginally stupid as a teenager cast the first ball.