What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hope the results come back as you would desire Alf. Motor cycle ride sounds like a real tonic with you being confined for so long. Take care. We share "Bantz" but I appreciate where you are coming from.

Why thank you kind Sir. Me and me's wonder what " Banter " is / means?

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Here is my daily salad to complete the "eat to your meter" example. Mackerel most days and an avocado usually. Avo is good for fibre, costly for cals budget. Post prandial usually a 0 or slight -. At worst +.5. My main meal of the day maybe 6 out of 7 days every season The cream is in coffee (750 mls, mildest 420 mls Nespresso we can find, hot water, cream and SF caramel) at around 11.00 am when I break my fast from about 6.00 pm (ideally). Recently I have the Fage, raspberries, flaxseed and 2 tsps inulin combo then - tends to drop bg. Compromise,as cream frets I. May or may not help anyone but the whole process still totally baffles me. I think I plan and monitor carefully. I'm pretty sure that's LC and being proactive but I'm just not convinced it works. One can do all one can but this may just not be enough. If you are finding things tough don't worry. It is for most of us but some just won't let on.
Edit: No LC cooked meal comes anywhere close in pleasure to Friday's salmon avo salad. Salmon is cooked, skin V crispy!

@ianpspurs
I am pondering about the above, yep low carb does not work for me, sensible carb seems to, I do eat more calories than I should, but life has to be enjoyed and striking a balance is a hard equation to master, well done for your tenacity, but.......whatever you do avoid bacon sarnies, leave more for me and me's .

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@alf_Josiah banter - small poultry bird laying small eggs; Robinson is the stepson of a guy involved in the England cricket set up and went to a fee paying school so may not be the wide eyed innocent he is painted. Not Oxbridge so fed to the wolves IMHO. A well known former "journalist" would have escaped censure - "I was joshing, guv." I would hotly dispute whether life is to be enjoyed. If so, countless generations of our forefathers and millions today have a massive claim for compensation to make against ?? - just not the advertised experience - but you can have my share of bacon sarnies and then some. Call it a draw?

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
@ianpspurs , @lindisfel , when I first read your posts concerning that Robinson fellow I had no idea what you both were going on about, but now let me and me's see if I have got this right. This Robinson fellow is a young cricketer who has been banned from playing bat and ball for England because 10 years ago as a teenager he wrote some alleged " racist " texts / tweets.
Recap, 10 years ago, teenager, racist? Then probably not, but in today's world?

Let those who never did anything marginally stupid as a teenager cast the first ball.
Absolutely.
I did some stupid things. I must have broke the law on my 650cc matchless!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
On that note, sure we have all said things & had opinions that have changed as we grew / matured / evolved.

Otherwise how would anyone ever hope to change another's opinion if it's simply preset at birth.?

Slavery, the civil rights movements, apartheid
All changed because brave people stood up, and that made others on the opposing view front, change their opinion, and they too stood up, hence "Change"
And a life, to be enjoyed , seems right.
Otherwise it's just endured ?

And where is the fun in that..:)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Otherwise it's just endured ?
Agree debate should ideally change views and deal with life's inequalities. Sadly, this last 18 months has rammed home that for millions world wide, and more Brits than we care to admit, life absolutely just has to be endured while hoping for a better future. I'm not placing myself in that category or virtue signalling just saying where I think the evidence leads. Enough from me.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
At £50 extra per pupil what we now have is a 'world beating' education system.

The whole of the promised future for the poor will amount to the new suite of clothes the king had.

He cut the aid budget and girls overseas stopped getting educated.

Biden will keep his feet to the fire if he breaks his word on N.I.. Why did he put a border in the Irish Sea and pretend he hadn't?

A rigger I knew said about a union guy, I wouldnt trust that...... with string on!
He was always extremely descriptive.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A disappointing but fairly common 6.3 for me.

A good day so far
out with furry nephew

Feeling pretty good
legs moving much better this month than the last couple. So, good for me physically & mentally.

Have an Aunt quite seriously ill, is now back out of hospital and at home with her family. Thank god.

Turning to our walk.

Out in the local cemetery with the dog for the first time alone really since the accident and amazing what those few months have done

last time I came in the cemetery, it was pretty well manicured, or short grass. Now I've come I know that it's still manicured. But there's lots of it being left to grow.
So, higher grass, certainly over the dog's height. And he's having great fun, dashing and leaping through it.

IMG_20210607_142534_resize_65.jpg

a joy to watch.
Add in its a Beautiful sunny day, can't really ask for more today.

Enjoy yours however you can.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
That's a long tiring day for you, take it steady! D.
Thank you. Will definitely take it steady as the hall I use in Norwich is huge and everyone is really spread out. Although much less tiring for my brain because it is far easier to spot class members out of alignment or doing an exercise incorrectly in the hall - I definitely think my dodgy knee and ankle (injured when a white van mowed me down when I was cycling a few years ago) will definitely be feeling they have done some work tomorrow.

have got a couple of hours break now so will relax until the evening classes.

Predictive Text is at it again. It wrote - when a white can mowed me down. It has definitely got a sense of humour.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6 for me today. Expected lower after just under 30 grams of carbs yesterday.

New mobile arrives today, Samsung with posh cameras, I shall miss my poor old Blackberry with its quirty key board. So a day buried in the mysteries of getting stuff off one phone onto another.

Then this afternoon Audiology appointment. Here we go again on the merry go round of can't do it sir wax in ear, can't remove it sir go away and bath in olive oil, fall through net and remain deaf in left ear.

Keep safe and boldly meander through your day.
Hope your audiology appointment goes well. I loved my BlackBerry phone and very reluctantly changed to a Samsung Galaxy but must admit that the Samsung is a much better phone.

lindisfel

Expert
Parts of the local area have quite a few wildflowers on the grass verge...it seems to be a good year for Red Campion.

IMG_20210606_092548531_HDR_compress16.jpg

The bucolic scene across the field next to our cottage.
IMG_20210606_093733458_HDR_compress21.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: True Blue

lindisfel

Expert
This creature was long into hexagons way before our ancestors walked this planet.
I went to post a letter in the Royal Mail box on the side of the house tonight and found the nest they had removed to prevent getting wasp stings.
How does chance give that kind of economy of design?
D.

20210607_170259~2.jpg

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

pretty hot here today, we did our raking up and mr gee chopped up some small logs that had been drying in a heap and strimmed along the path along the back of the house :)

a bit more breeze and some light cloud getting up now so it may be a bit cooler for sleeping tonight which will be good ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@lindisfel - dolphins in the firth if you keep your eyes peeled :joyful:

@Krystyna23040 - hope it's not too stressful on the body :)

@jjraak - I can just image the doggy joy of that long grass :hilarious:

@dunelm - interesting splodge :D, it reminds me of the terrain on the woodland walk nearby which has hummocks of heather and wimberries on the forest floor under the canopy :)

@True Blue - hope you can get your op. soon :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I hope for better progress for you this time.

@gennepher - I hope you get to enjoy some time in your garden in peace. Today's painting has so much lovely light in it :)

@alf_Josiah - sounds like a good bike ride. Good luck for the blood test results :)

art bit -
painted on Fabriano studio, it is not the 100% cotton but I quite like the way it takes colour :)

upload_2021-6-7_19-49-4.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice painting @geefull

The end of a summer's day, as the light wanes, and the rain approaches..

Great presentation of the light, as much as my untrained eye can tell.

Like.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 6 for me today. Expected lower after just under 30 grams of carbs yesterday.

New mobile arrives today, Samsung with posh cameras, I shall miss my poor old Blackberry

Welcome to the 21st year of the 21st century.:happy:;)

Once you get over the design differences, the new phones are amazing.

Literally an app for whatever you could dream of, and few you wouldn't :hilarious:

In case you didn't know .
If you can trust Google, tho' others do similar, backing up phone to the cloud, makes that next "transfer" mere seconds.
Google drive, or Dropbox, among others offer some free cloud storage

Link here mentions Samsung kies about 10 segments down
As an alternative
https://reincubate.com/support/how-to/restore-extracted-files-blackberry/

Apologies if teaching you to suck eggs :sorry:

Ps hope visit went well.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Samsung put a lot of bloatware on, there is loads on my Samsung tablet.
Derek
That's interesting. Luckily Samsung didn't put much on my phone but my Kindle Fire tablet has got absolutely loads of bloatware on.