Blood sugar diet

Mrsg11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
After weeks of trying to go low carb and losing a few lbs, i seem to have hit a brick wall have been reading about Dr.Mosley fast 800 & blood sugar diet and have decided to give it ago to try and loose them stubborn remaining lbs!!
Wish me luck Will keep you posted, but any tips will be greatly appreciated!!!

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Good Luck @Mrsg11

I followed the diet for 8 weeks and returned my blood sugar levels to normal and lost a lot of weight. It will be quite challenging and I suggest you post your FBG each day on the daily thread and weight on the Friday Weigh in thread to gain support as you work thru the 8 weeks. Please post if you need any support to maintain the diet or if you come across any obstacles and the good people on here will support you

Reactions: Mrsg11

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I did it for 8 weeks but that was before I was diagnosed. I lost about a stone, then a further 2 by going low carb. Short and sharp won't hurt, but if its too difficult stop, and do watch outfox the carbs in it. "Overnight oats" is a blood sugar nightmare for most of us

Reactions: Fati1 and Mrsg11

Mrsg11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Luck @Mrsg11

I followed the diet for 8 weeks and returned my blood sugar levels to normal and lost a lot of weight. It will be quite challenging and I suggest you post your FBG each day on the daily thread and weight on the Friday Weigh in thread to gain support as you work thru the 8 weeks. Please post if you need any support to maintain the diet or if you come across any obstacles and the good people on here will support you

Thanks so much @muzza3, they sound like great ideas, will have a look for the weigh in thread!!

I'm psyching myself up to be honest but feel like a short sharp shock won't do any harm and if my blood sugar levels benefit then I will be happy, extra weight loss will an added bonus!!!

Mrsg11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I did it for 8 weeks but that was before I was diagnosed. I lost about a stone, then a further 2 by going low carb. Short and sharp won't hurt, but if its too difficult stop, and do watch outfox the carbs in it. "Overnight oats" is a blood sugar nightmare for most of us

Thanks @MrsA2, I have to admit am abit apprehensive about the porridge /oats breakfasts and root veg in some of the recipes but will see how the bs react to them as I go and rule out anything that causes any spikes...

Atom345

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sounds like a plan. Good luck.

I’ve seen a few things by Dr. Mosley and like what he’s done. Do you know where I could get details on this 8 week plan? Or if not what I should search for?

I’m always trying to find a routine / regular diet that helps maintain a balanced BS. Could do with dropping a couple of lbs too but not too much.

So if it’s not too demanding would like to consider doing it too.

Thanks
Adrian

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have to admit am abit apprehensive about the porridge /oats breakfasts and root veg in some of the recipes but will see how the bs react to them

Sounds like a good idea although surely you can replace them with something else?

Not a fan of crash dieting as it is usually unsuccessful in the long term but please let us know how you get on.