What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a slightly damp yet drying out start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of avocado with crispy bacon and eggs came in at 4.8 this am.

It’s moving day - well, re-arranging day really. I have bought a new table for art stuff and it’s going in the un-named room where the dolls house, rocking horse and toy boxes are. There is a sofa to move and a cupboard to get rid of, once I sort out contents - I think the shredder will be used later on. Best keep the practice chanter and my old slide rule though - you never know when they will come in handy. It all needs to be sorted today before the girl in the bubble turns up tomorrow. She is now staggering about unaided but like all newly acquired skills, she gets all show-offy - turns too quickly, and falls over. Luckily it’s mainly laughter but there has been the odd bump. Good job infants are mainly constructed out of rubber. Strange bird noise yesterday - looked into the garden and there it was, a Whitethroat - bobbing up and down, making a right racket.

Running out of the monoprinted sheets that I did - may do more at some future time and the few left have so far eluded me as to what they may become. Bit of a splodge this one but never mind, I like a good splodge - makes a change from a doodle. Have a great day if you can. Koffy time.

View attachment 49831
The splodges look great and relaxing and full of freedom of movement @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A disappointing but fairly common 6.3 for me.

A good day so far
out with furry nephew

Feeling pretty good
legs moving much better this month than the last couple. So, good for me physically & mentally.

Have an Aunt quite seriously ill, is now back out of hospital and at home with her family. Thank god.

Turning to our walk.

Out in the local cemetery with the dog for the first time alone really since the accident and amazing what those few months have done

last time I came in the cemetery, it was pretty well manicured, or short grass. Now I've come I know that it's still manicured. But there's lots of it being left to grow.
So, higher grass, certainly over the dog's height. And he's having great fun, dashing and leaping through it.

View attachment 49836

a joy to watch.
Add in its a Beautiful sunny day, can't really ask for more today.

Enjoy yours however you can.
Brilliant @jjraak
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.3 today

pretty hot here today, we did our raking up and mr gee chopped up some small logs that had been drying in a heap and strimmed along the path along the back of the house :)

a bit more breeze and some light cloud getting up now so it may be a bit cooler for sleeping tonight which will be good ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@lindisfel - dolphins in the firth if you keep your eyes peeled :joyful:

@Krystyna23040 - hope it's not too stressful on the body :)

@jjraak - I can just image the doggy joy of that long grass :hilarious:

@dunelm - interesting splodge :D, it reminds me of the terrain on the woodland walk nearby which has hummocks of heather and wimberries on the forest floor under the canopy :)

@True Blue - hope you can get your op. soon :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I hope for better progress for you this time.

@gennepher - I hope you get to enjoy some time in your garden in peace. Today's painting has so much lovely light in it :)

@alf_Josiah - sounds like a good bike ride. Good luck for the blood test results :)

art bit -
painted on Fabriano studio, it is not the 100% cotton but I quite like the way it takes colour :)

View attachment 49842
Thanks @geefull

This paper takes the colour amazingly, and that sky is stunning!A beautiful painting.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Still clearing down the liver, kidneys, pancreas of all kinds on day six of the new regime. Diet is good, exercise in place, so not disheartened at 8.5 mmo/lt FBG at 0630.

Tomato plants going gangbusters. Have switched to determinate variety Marmande this year, from last year's cracking success of the indeterminate Fiorentino. Latter was a bit big for my garden space and a lot of work. This year I have to resist the "pinching out" and removal of suckers.

Have a good day everyone.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I have caught up, but the posts for one day (24 hours) were skipping all over the place, and I would expect, when I open up this thread that the posts are all in order from yesterday, but no. I had to skip back and forth when I realised there were missed ones. Sigh...

Fbg 6.8

My painting for today is this...

Yesterday I was going through my paint apps on my iPad. But because of the latest updates by Apple, at least 5 of them do not work at all now. And a couple are misbehaving and not working properly. And I get the message that the developer of all those apps need to update them. I have paid for some of these which now will not open up until the developer updates the apps to suit Apple. Also my sketches and paintings are locked within these apps, and I cannot access them now.

If I were a developer I think I would have thrown the towel in by now...

So I downloaded a few more (I am trying to get something that gives me the versatility of the ZenBrush3 which I deleted because of its bad behaviour and heating up my iPad enough to fry an egg on, okay an exaggeration, but it was too hot to hold with my fingers almost instantly and I had to shut the iPad down).

I was dissatisfied with nearly all of them. I know what I want, but I have to download and try them out to see if I can work with that painting app. Many of them bit the dust immediately...

Finally I ended up with Tayasui SketchesPro. It was free, although you can pay for extras, which was what I did as it was a one off payment.

This is my first messing with it.

I was going to delete it, but then I saw an eye, and a 'whale' with a tongue. So, I tried to find out how to do the colour. I am jabbing everything on the screen with my finger...and I find it. But you need to know where to jab the screen, because it is blank of 'tools' for the most part. But I am learning where to jab my finger for this invisible icon...

So, here is my first attempt with it. I will play more with it later, I need to get out in the garden while the day is still peaceful...

So, I will love you and leave you, and peek in later...
128792A6-3035-44DA-819B-0F37C4E8C3DD.png

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.3 today

pretty hot here today, we did our raking up and mr gee chopped up some small logs that had been drying in a heap and strimmed along the path along the back of the house :)

a bit more breeze and some light cloud getting up now so it may be a bit cooler for sleeping tonight which will be good ;)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@lindisfel - dolphins in the firth if you keep your eyes peeled :joyful:

@Krystyna23040 - hope it's not too stressful on the body :)

@jjraak - I can just image the doggy joy of that long grass :hilarious:

@dunelm - interesting splodge :D, it reminds me of the terrain on the woodland walk nearby which has hummocks of heather and wimberries on the forest floor under the canopy :)

@True Blue - hope you can get your op. soon :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I hope for better progress for you this time.

@gennepher - I hope you get to enjoy some time in your garden in peace. Today's painting has so much lovely light in it :)

@alf_Josiah - sounds like a good bike ride. Good luck for the blood test results :)

art bit -
painted on Fabriano studio, it is not the 100% cotton but I quite like the way it takes colour :)

View attachment 49842
Lovely painting. I love the way you have painted the misty sunlight in the sky and how it has reflected on the sea.

I am not as sore as I thought I would be this morning. I was careful and didn't overdo it yesterday. I definitely wanted to avoid hobbling into classes today. Not a good look for a Pilates teacher.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Good Morning and 6 for me today. Expected lower after just under 30 grams of carbs yesterday.

New mobile arrives today, Samsung with posh cameras, I shall miss my poor old Blackberry with its quirty key board. So a day buried in the mysteries of getting stuff off one phone onto another.

Then this afternoon Audiology appointment. Here we go again on the merry go round of can't do it sir wax in ear, can't remove it sir go away and bath in olive oil, fall through net and remain deaf in left ear.

Keep safe and boldly meander through your day.
If the problem is wax, have seen several people get good results with bicarbonate of soda drops. Might be worth a try.

lindisfel

Expert
Good morning everyone and a quick in and out. 5.2 for Chicken Licken or was it Henny Penny?
Smashing photo’s @lindisfel and a brilliant sky in your painting @geefull - interesting art app @gennepher, hope you enjoy playing with it. Must go, the game’s afoot.

View attachment 49846
Excellent.
Just a few brush strokes and you have a three masted long distance junk battling through rough seas.
D.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.

7.30am FBG 6.4

Exactly the same as yesterday and for the same reason, late night snack of peanut butter. Mr Greedy comes to mind, but no suitable emojis.

Yesterday MrSlim cut down nearly all of the standing hayfield that was our "garden" Now I have hours of raking ahead. He thinks that if he mows and then mows repeatedly over the grass cuttings they will mulch and eventually disappear. Am not convinced.

Am concerned about this little fellow too.
20210603_190213.jpg

Reactions: True Blue

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday already here - what day is it where you are at? 4.8 on Swipey from yesterday - meh. Menu from yesterday copied and pasted - adjust Fage and Raspberries downwards, move on. I'll make an appointment for my first bloods since election day 2019 just to draw a line under this era and move on. My BG isn't very amenable to control by diet but the full panel of bloods will be useful. Great painting again @geefull and who is that artist @lindisfel? Tenacity again @gennepher so I'm looking forward to the art from the new app. Glad you aren't sore and stiff @Krystyna23040. Nice upbeat post @True Blue - tomatoes? We have 3 bought from W......ose. "Back home" there was an amazing guy who sold upwards of 50 varieties each year - 20-25p per plant. May be someone in the villages here when life opens up. Bye.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5,9 for me today. Tuna Stake and stirfry greens last night so disappointed in number.

Dry day so a Muddy Cycle ride calls need the practice on the trails as I'm out for a ride with Brother in Law on Saturday and he's got an E Bike and is also 15 years younger than me. Also have to sort the bearings in my front wheel as it's a tad wobbly:).

Audiology Appointment yesterday was as I feared, wax in ear can't do it so back on the merry go round. :banghead:

New phone swap over took ages but think it's all sorted now.

Will catch up on posts later with a coffee.

Keep safe and treat the day kindly.

Reactions: True Blue

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are struggling with that well know variable called time this morning.

A 5.5 this morning on that mischievous meter.

Sorry but no time this morning to spare and I must disappear and get on with enjoying my life.

Please remember the stays.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tuesday already here - what day is it where you are at? 4.8 on Swipey from yesterday - meh. Menu from yesterday copied and pasted - adjust Fage and Raspberries downwards, move on. I'll make an appointment for my first bloods since election day 2019 just to draw a line under this era and move on. My BG isn't very amenable to control by diet but the full panel of bloods will be useful. Great painting again @geefull and who is that artist @lindisfel? Tenacity again @gennepher so I'm looking forward to the art from the new app. Glad you aren't sore and stiff @Krystyna23040. Nice upbeat post @True Blue - tomatoes? We have 3 bought from W......ose. "Back home" there was an amazing guy who sold upwards of 50 varieties each year - 20-25p per plant. May be someone in the villages here when life opens up. Bye.
Hi @ianpspurs
Mixed tomatoes? Need to decide if you want a bush or vine variety, then support, prune and nurture as appropriate. Suggest split the types into two separate areas if available. Good luck.