What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.9 after a long walk yesterday and c. 10g carbs. Libre going on today though expect it will just tell me my BG is higher than it should be!
@DJC3 good luck with the EEG and great FBG. So e great readings today so well done everyone.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 on Swipey - excellent grouping (almost identical menus for 3 days) bang average numbers. No full 79% carb syrup in coffee for me today - or cream since I like this week's weight. I hope all goes well with the EEG @DJC3. Self isolating before hospital appts is a pain. Interestingly, the private one I was sent to by NHS didn't require me to isolate . She'll be right @PenguinMum - soon be FFFF.:)

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 on Swipey - excellent grouping (almost identical menus for 3 days) bang average numbers. No full 79% carb syrup in coffee for me today - or cream since I like this week's weight (73.9 kgs, 182 cms). I hope all goes well with the EEG @DJC3. Self isolating before hospital appts is a pain. Interestingly, the private one I was sent to by NHS didn't require me to isolate . She'll be right @PenguinMum - soon be FFFF.:)

Thanks for good wishes. No rhyme or reason to self isolating - my daughter has an appt today at the same hosp, (different department) and she hasn’t had to isolate.
Great FBGs and averages for you, especially considering the full sugar syrup accident.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for good wishes. No rhyme or reason to self isolating - my daughter has an appt today at the same hosp, (different department) and she hasn’t had to isolate.
Great FBGs and averages for you, especially considering the full sugar syrup accident.
I wonder if the isolating is linked to how invasive the procedure is? Bang average is a sports term for not good. We both know my averages lead down a cul de sac so I'm not fooled. LC can't pull the wool over my eyes;)

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnEGreen

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 today hurrah. The 2 hrs lawn mowing yesterday seems to have done the trick for now.
Off for my EEG this morning and then I can stop self isolating which will be a relief.
Hope all goes well with the EEG.

Reactions: DJC3

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
6.1 today so far I am not back to my old self yet.

Hospital yesterday for scan and x-ray had to go to QMC 40 minutes on a tram going and 40 minutes back a bit unnerving first time on public transport for over a year and many not wearing masks tram coming back quite crowded.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 today so far I am not back to my old self yet.

Hospital yesterday for scan and x-ray had to go to QMC 40 minutes on a tram going and 40 minutes back a bit unnerving first time on public transport for over a year and many not wearing masks tram coming back quite crowded.

Good to see you back John. I can imagine how unnerving that tram ride was. I haven’t ventured out on public transport again yet.

HeliGary

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Load eating , idiots.
6.2 this morning at 0630 .

A couple of days working in Lincoln, beautiful weather , great place and ran 7k with a colleague with no real knee issues since . We plan to do same tomorrow morning.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
7.9 - Absolutely no idea why this high. Lack of sleep? No outrageous eating or drinking behaviour. Seriously, this Diabetes is a real Beast of a condition. These last two Points, to achieve something like “normality” are proving to be a real struggle. However, and this is a big however, I’ve been chipping away at my HBA1C.

QUESTION: These daily numbers, whilst frustratingly oscillating around 7s and 6s, are these also proving to be indicative of actual signposts to a better overall BG in the months and years to come? Can my stubborn numbers reflect a continuous chipping away at my HBA1C?