Gin And Slim Line Tonic

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My diabetic nurse told me to switch to fevertree light and now i wonder if that is bad advice. I dont like the taste of diet drinks so wonder if soda water is better
Yes that is bad advice. Stick to Schweppes Slimline if you have tonic. I also like 7UP FREE lemonade as a mixer.

AtkinsMo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
We have fizzy water, plenty of ice and a real good squeeze of lemon juice and it’s gorgeous. It’s no different to adjusting to no sugar in your tea / coffee, takes a little while to adjust to but enhances the flavour of the gin! Remember to also be careful with ‘fancy gins’ many of them are VERY sweet. i can’t stand the artificial flavour of ‘slimlines’ definitely don’t want to use Aspartame and now find them overwhelmingly sweet.

pinkjude

We have fizzy water, plenty of ice and a real good squeeze of lemon juice and it’s gorgeous. It’s no different to adjusting to no sugar in your tea / coffee, takes a little while to adjust to but enhances the flavour of the gin! Remember to also be careful with ‘fancy gins’ many of them are VERY sweet. i can’t stand the artificial flavour of ‘slimlines’ definitely don’t want to use Aspartame and now find them overwhelmingly sweet.
Thanks I am trying to adjust to it. I have never had sugar in tea or coffee. I dont buy any flavoured gins at all just good old London dry or Bombay sapphire if its on offer

malcs90

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was 3 months after diagnosis that I went on the course and by that time I had found out from this forum and elsewhere all the information that was on the course. I would still advocate going if you can spare the time as you don't know what you don't know. They do officially use the Eatwell Guide although I found privately the nurse was not against low carb. It has to be said that for some people on the course the Eatwell Guide and its portion control would probably be a big improvement.
I was sent on this course 2 years after being diagnosed. Had a row with the trainer who called my diabetic stupid because she persuaded me to go on low carb diet. By this time I was in remission because of my diet and let people on the course know.
To add insult to injury the trainer who was diabetic tucked into a pork pie at break time.