Snacks

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a heads up, fridge raiders and mature cheddar and chive dip are the best just for anyone sick of sucking on a boiled egg as a snack. Morrison’s have just sorted the quick snack go too out. Super low carb and so tasty

Hi,

I've snacked on fridge raiders. Is the cheddar & chive dip part of a "meal deal" style combo?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And at the risk of a public shaming and a permanent forum ban, I'm afraid I've never liked pork scratchings. :):):). Obviously I'll never be able to call myself a proper diabetic again.
I'm with you on that, tooth shattering with a slight taste of rancid fat - what's not to like.

Reactions: EllieM

If_only

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The thought of vegetables day after day after day for all eternity
Ooops to the cashews, about 10 a day but will stop that now.
Sigh, hazelnuts and pistachios it is then. I'm guessing that honey roasted peanuts are out too.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ooops to the cashews, about 10 a day but will stop that now.
Sigh, hazelnuts and pistachios it is then. I'm guessing that honey roasted peanuts are out too.
I barely dare say it, but those pistachio's are 15 grams per 100, should that be more than you care to consume... (Granted, they weigh next to nothing without the shell, and you eat them slower than other nuts.)

https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/nuts

Pecans are nice (salted even better), and macadamia's too...

Reactions: HSSS and If_only

Dudette1

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bad attitude
Hi,

I've snacked on fridge raiders. Is the cheddar & chive dip part of a "meal deal" style combo?

No didn’t see it on a meal deal, the dip was just on the fridge isle away from the fridge raiders. I can’t stop eating it

Reactions: Jaylee

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,

What realy grabs yer interest on the snack front..? :)
I try not to have snacks apart from a square or two of dark chocolate with my morning coffee. When my resolve is weakened by alcohol, I like cheese or any sort of nuts, but although the carbs might be low, it is easy to have an extra meals worth of calories without noticing.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here in the Netherlands there's often a cooled counter where they have tapas-like foods. Three for a fiver, and most of it is mediterranean in nature. Little cold sausages, prosciutto and other cold cuts, cubed hard cheeses, various olives (with cheese, pesto or garlic), shrimp with a marinade or garlic etc... It's one of the few places in the supermarket where I can really scoop all sorts up and into my trolly without having to over-think it. :)
I keep trying but I just can’t like olives or shrimp (prawn/seafood). Such a shame as it would open up so many more choices

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And at the risk of a public shaming and a permanent forum ban, I'm afraid I've never liked pork scratchings. :):):). Obviously I'll never be able to call myself a proper diabetic again
I’ll join you in ostracisation. Can’t stand the things