What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: salmon with peppercorn sauce and roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF raspberry jelly, cream and LC chocolate and raspberry granola.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Even with a shedload of cheese it came out at 1.5 (guessed quantities of fish/cheese).

This is probably a daft question, but what is PE value? I only know it as a financial reckoning of the value of a company (price/earnings value or ratio).

Hungry day today, so it will be 3 meals.
Breakfast: 2 sausage meat patties and 2 fried eggs.
Lunch: Egg mayonnaise
Dinner: will be some of the chicken vegetable bake I made the other day. That's if I eat it - feeling a bit nauseous again this afternoon - maybe too much egg mayo.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This is probably a daft question, but what is PE value? I only know it as a financial reckoning of the value of a company (price/earnings value or ratio).

It refers to Ted Naiman’s (currently in vogue) diet/way of eating - Protein Energy - which prioritises protein. The idea is that by doing this you increase muscle mass and lose fat. He uses a formula in which the aim is to have foods where the total protein grams are greater than or equal to the combined fat and carb grams.

More here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/p-e-dieting.180913/

Reactions: DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
It refers to Ted Naiman’s (currently in vogue) diet/way of eating - Protein Energy - which prioritises protein. The idea is that by doing this you increase muscle mass and lose fat. He uses a formula in which the aim is to have foods where the total protein grams are greater than or equal to the combined fat and carb grams.

More here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/p-e-dieting.180913/

Thanks - that looks interesting.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3 meals today as I had my EEG this morning and was told I should eat within 2 hrs of the test. I took a SLC roll filled with egg Mayo and ate it in the car park beforehand. ( daughter drove me and forbade me to eat it in the car lol)
Lunch was cold deli meat and h/m coleslaw
Dinner the last of the DD chicken Philly cheesesteak casserole. No idea why I made so much of this. Wilted spinach with it and a large glass red wine.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausages and cheese omelette for breakfast.
Nothing for lunch my insides were churning around.
Grilled fish fillet, green veggies for dinner.

Reactions: DJC3 and Goonergal

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: 2 sausages and 2 fried eggs
Meant to make it a 2MAD but, as yesterday, I was very hungry so had
Lunch: avocado salad
That won't be enough for the whole day, so will have to make something for 3rd meal - possibly ham and some more salady things - not that there is much in the fridge - Neil went to town this morning, mainly to take the Scenic in to the garage and did a little shopping but it was very limited. He did come home with a couple of red gem lettuce but no other veg. I have some spring onions and some Brussels sprouts in the fridge, as well as some spinach, so I'll sort something out.

Had a phone call from the diabetes nurse asking me to go in to the hospital tomorrow for a blood test. The consultant wants to prescribe a new insulin, but wants to check if I am making any insulin myself first. Presumably a c-peptide test which is what I had about 18 months or so ago.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bit out of sync with posting food, have been away. Last couple of days with a relative who, also being d2 should have known better, but gave us:
Dinner one... a trip to the fish and chip shop. I had one piece cod and 2 gherkins, left most of the batter. It still rose me to 9 and kept me there for 3 hours
Breakfast offered of toast or cereal...I politely declined
Lunch at a really nice fish restaurant, spiced mackerel with various side bits. Rose me to 8 but only for 90 minutes
Dinner 2: chilli with beans and rice and tortilla chips :banghead: I had just some of the chilli and had to fill up later with nuts. I asked for cheese but was told they don't have it in the house because of the fat!

(Edited to add: and they had baked 2 cakes to welcome us!!)

I think its all catching up with me as woke with fbg of 7 and been there most of the day. Having a hungry day but glad to be back to own fridge. Hello meat, cheese and olives, I've missed you!

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fried eggs and spinach for breakfast.
Tuna zoodle salad for lunch
Bacon cheeseburger lettuce wraps for dinner with a large glass of red.

@MrsA2 hugs for the difficulty of staying with friends. It’s a very hard thing to navigate but it looks like you did well under trying circumstances. Just for info, most fish&chip shops will do you a steamed fish if you ask.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry, didn’t post yesterday as I went to dinner at a friend’s house (low carb type 2 friend, which made life easy!) and I got back very late so yesterday:
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
At lunchtime: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Dinner: boneless lamb chops with a mint rub with cabbage and leek mashed with butter and garlic mushrooms.

Today:
Late morning: black coffee and Fibre One caramel protein bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coffee chia pudding.
Dinner: chicken thighs stuffed with pork and apple with cauliflower and broccoli followed by SF orange jelly, cream and LC chocolate and ginger granola.

Sarahjane41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Rude people
Busibodies
Today I've had

3 egg omelette with tomato half tin beans

Few raspberries after

Beef tagliatelle slimming world meal

Mixed berries

1x light alpine cereal bar

Reactions: Speedbird and Annb

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
We shall cast a veil over the last two days. No peeking!
Today 10.06
Breakfast several (3 or 4) spoonfuls of peanut butter, emptied the jar. Two eggs scrambled with butter. CWC x2
CWC
Lunch: 2 slices pain kapnor toast with pâté and salad. Carbs about 20. Sugar free squash, cup of tea
Squash and tea in the afternoon
Dinner: large pork chop roasted in the oven, was going to be BBQ but it got too late for that. Cajun style favouring, 4g carbs per portion. Celeriac, French beans, couple of slices of courgette and cauliflower roasted with cumin. Glass and a half of white wine, ate the last roast potato.
Later CWC, bedtime lemon tea

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We shall cast a veil over the last two days. No peeking!
Today 10.06
Breakfast several (3 or 4) spoonfuls of peanut butter, emptied the jar. Two eggs scrambled with butter. CWC x2
CWC
Lunch: 2 slices pain kapnor toast with pâté and salad. Carbs about 20. Sugar free squash, cup of tea
Squash and tea in the afternoon
Dinner: large pork chop roasted in the oven, was going to be BBQ but it got too late for that. Cajun style favouring, 4g carbs per portion. Celeriac, French beans, couple of slices of courgette and cauliflower roasted with cumin. Glass and a half of white wine, ate the last roast potato.
Later CWC, bedtime lemon tea

Good to see you again. Are you back in France yet?
I love cauliflower roast with cumin!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Middle of the night and am awake so as good a time as any to catch up!
Brekkie always a slice of HiLo toast and tea x 2 at least.
Tuesday and Wed lunch was variously ham, Emmental, Shropshire Blue, cucumber, no more than 3 cherry toms, coleslaw. Now using smaller plate for portion control and makes it look more than it is. Supper both days was tomato & basil omelette because I liked the first one so much, used 6 chopped cherry toms and about 15 Basil leaves torn.
Yesterday gave in to Fish Finger Firsday with a spoon of roasted Med veg.
Friday will be baked salmon with lemon butter and broccoli.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast; Home made granola with almond milk, Two slices Hi lo toast one with butter/ one with half sugar marmalade
Snack; Home made mocha whilst sat in sun for ten minutes:happy:
Lunch; Seven black grapes (!) piece of brie and three peters yard sourdough crackers. Fibre one protein bar.
Dinner; Posh dog sausage (really filling they're so dense), peas, roasted tomatoes, pepper sauce and a few (and I mean a few) chips. A few cherries with sad looking strawberries found in fridge with cream. Two squares Divine 85%.

Started overnight intermittent fasting again, so after finishing dinner at 6.30pm ish that's it until 8am. Forgotten how quickly you get results from this!