What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6 on Swipey @5.31 a.m. Goodish grouping from 5 consecutive days of very similar inputs and outputs. Mackerel salad as main meal (close as poss to same time), very similar step count, cals and carbs plus waking time - thanks Alexa. If anyone is interested Cronometer (free) also analyses menus as below - today is salmon avo day hereabouts (yellow sticker Wild Alaskan from W.....se) :woot::woot:. I need supplements to hit some targets - not LC fault just what I can bear to eat. Yay @DJC3

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-11 06.59.41.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-11 06.59.41.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.4 which after FFF and a bad sleep is not bad! @DJC3 brilliant score! @ianpspurs good going enjoy SSAF. @Sugarlisa good to see you and good control. @nutribolt complete respect for 37 hours fasting, I am contemplating trying but no more than that ;)
Thanks and hug for the bad sleep and higher fbgs than you want. Enjoy and LC, don't compute but that is the best it gets by a country mile. Crispy skin on the salmon @DJC3 - sine qua non.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! @Ymdawd well done!
@Ryhia I reckon any 5 in the morning is a good score. Does your BG come down through the day? If mine starts high it tends to stay high, conversely if it’s low I tend to have good scores all day.
@PenguinMum that’s a good result after FFF and a rotten night. Hugs for that.
@ianpspurs thank you, and thanks for sharing your cronometer readings, I hadn’t realised it calculated daily vitamin intake too, that’s quite useful. Hope you enjoy your SSAF I have learnt to love crispy chicken skin, which I didn’t think possible so I’ll never say never re the salmon skin but for now it’s a definite sine.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! @Ymdawd well done!
@Ryhia I reckon any 5 in the morning is a good score. Does your BG come down through the day? If mine starts high it tends to stay high, conversely if it’s low I tend to have good scores all day.
@ianpspurs thank you, and thanks for sharing your cronometer readings, I hadn’t realised it calculated daily vitamin intake too, that’s quite useful. Hope you enjoy your SSAF I have learnt to love crispy chicken skin, which I didn’t think possible so I’ll never say never re the salmon skin but for now it’s a definite sine.
Cronometer goes even more granular? I kid myself this analysis is useful. Work on that sine;)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-11 09.46.41.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-11 09.46.41.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot 2021-06-11 09.47.42.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-11 09.47.42.png
    69.9 KB · Views: 70

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! @Ymdawd well done!
Thanks. I can’t do fish skin either crisp or not. Crispy chicken skin a different matter. We could be twins lol.

Reactions: Sydneyhorn and DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! @Ymdawd well done!
Thank you @DJC3, you are right, I much prefer that to 6s but we can always wish for better and I know if I cut right back on my food my levels generally are better. Bloods do go down during the day but they have been staying around the 5.1, 5.2 at present, which is a little higher than I like, much more comfortable when they are in the 4s. I've actually just plugged in the Libre Sensor today took my first reading around teatime when my Tee 2 showed a reading of 5.2. The libre came up with a 6.4 then realised I had probably not accounted for the "delay" between sensor and finger prick so I left it for a short time and scanned again. 6.9! Hope the sensor is just bedding in otherwise I may become more paranoid than I already am.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @DJC3, you are right, I much prefer that to 6s but we can always wish for better and I know if I cut right back on my food my levels generally are better. Bloods do go down during the day but they have been staying around the 5.1, 5.2 at present, which is a little higher than I like, much more comfortable when they are in the 4s. I've actually just plugged in the Libre Sensor today took my first reading around teatime when my Tee 2 showed a reading of 5.2. The libre came up with a 6.4 then realised I had probably not accounted for the "delay" between sensor and finger prick so I left it for a short time and scanned again. 6.9! Hope the sensor is just bedding in otherwise I may become more paranoid than I already am.

Hope it’s just bedding in too, I often find Libre is a good 1 mmol higher than Tee2. It’s more often out in the morning so I put it down to dehydration but that’s just my guess.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 at 6AM, 60 hours into fasting. Average overnight has been 4.9 and the day average yesterday was 5.7.

@nutribolt complete respect for 37 hours fasting, I am contemplating trying but no more than that

Thanks. I would not recommend a longer fasting duration until your body is fat adapted and to do that one must be following a low carb diet which I think you already do and second one must gradually increase the duration of fasting else the shock body feels can be quite intimidating. However, once you are past initial hurdle it really does become very easy. The difficulty then is to convince people who love and care about you to believe that you are not doing any self-harm by fasting these long hours so frequently