What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.5 today

volunteering day today, a day of three steamers ;)

steamer one, the steamy weather, very humid here today :sorry:

steamer two, the big shed's industrial clothes steamer which came to a stinky end, emiting a nasty electrical burning smell :( you'd better believe I yanked the wall plug in a hurry :hilarious:

steamer three, the slightly weird and wonderful looking steamer pan set we bought from the charity shop, it's got a special tier for juicing fruit to make preserves, never seen one before but the base and steamer are really well made stainless steel with silicon handles :D

hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I'm definitely a convert to that cold box, it's going to be very useful :)

@SlimLizzy - looks like you're knocking things into shape, hard work though :)

@gennepher - a hug for the frustration. Popeye looks quite fetching in his blue tabby livery ;) but things never seem to be quite where you expect in apps do they?

@dunelm - serious wave action going on there, hard work for an intrepid sampan :)

art bit - odd half and half weather some days:)

View attachment 49911
An interesting 'steamer' day @geefull ....
The last steamer seems the best one!

Thank you. In this app it is full of surprises...

We have a lot of those half and half weather days. This is an absolutely perfect representation of that. Brilliant!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from what feels like a teeny bit cooler start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made low fat burger with eggs and mushrooms came in at 4.8 this am. Mrs Miggins fancied a stir fry with sticky rice so I made her a vegetable one and a Desmond Course ‘balanced’ meal was achieved.

Another totter round the park yesterday with the girl in the bubble and bumped into one of our nieces with her small person in the children's play area - swings are very popular with the girl in the bubble, nearly as much as talking to ducks and geese. A walk into town and another popular activity for the girl - Captain of a large sanitised shopping trolley, scourge of the supermarket isles, hunting for Snarks.

This hot weather is not to my liking. It’s like taking the star roll in the paring of cheese upon toast. I have a couple of paintings on the go but not yet fully complete in my head - so, here is an enso - with a little sampan, just because. Have a good day if you can, I need a koffy.

View attachment 49913
Wow! I love this 'just because' painting @dunelm

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 today

volunteering day today, a day of three steamers ;)

steamer one, the steamy weather, very humid here today :sorry:

steamer two, the big shed's industrial clothes steamer which came to a stinky end, emiting a nasty electrical burning smell :( you'd better believe I yanked the wall plug in a hurry :hilarious:

steamer three, the slightly weird and wonderful looking steamer pan set we bought from the charity shop, it's got a special tier for juicing fruit to make preserves, never seen one before but the base and steamer are really well made stainless steel with silicon handles :D

hope your day is treating you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist - I'm definitely a convert to that cold box, it's going to be very useful :)

@SlimLizzy - looks like you're knocking things into shape, hard work though :)

@gennepher - a hug for the frustration. Popeye looks quite fetching in his blue tabby livery ;) but things never seem to be quite where you expect in apps do they?

@dunelm - serious wave action going on there, hard work for an intrepid sampan :)

art bit - odd half and half weather some days:)

View attachment 49911
A well executed typical mixed weather day in the U.K., great light and dark painting, like those rain clouds and falling precipitation.

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

Right, this morning sorted.

I got out an old android tablet and began painting on that.
Popeye has been pestiferous all night I presume it's the heat.

So, to do my painting this morning which would've been impossible on the iPad given the mood he is in. I got out this old android tablet. Immediately the pestiferous cat is crawling all over it like a tentacled octopus. So I give it to him. I wait. He hangs on to it, looks at me and he finally goes to sleep.

Whereupon I whip out my iPad from behind my back and do this painting. In peace…

Sketches Pro app is full of surprises. This app is most certainly going to take quite some time to work out, but it proved interesting rather than frustrating this morning.

This is out of my head, but I used Lin Fengmian for the fisherman and boat and birds, for detail at the front...

5A54610A-B80D-44DC-833D-9393DAF68DA0.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from what feels like a teeny bit cooler start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of home made low fat burger with eggs and mushrooms came in at 4.8 this am. Mrs Miggins fancied a stir fry with sticky rice so I made her a vegetable one and a Desmond Course ‘balanced’ meal was achieved.

Another totter round the park yesterday with the girl in the bubble and bumped into one of our nieces with her small person in the children's play area - swings are very popular with the girl in the bubble, nearly as much as talking to ducks and geese. A walk into town and another popular activity for the girl - Captain of a large sanitised shopping trolley, scourge of the supermarket isles, hunting for Snarks.

This hot weather is not to my liking. It’s like taking the star roll in the paring of cheese upon toast. I have a couple of paintings on the go but not yet fully complete in my head - so, here is an enso - with a little sampan, just because. Have a good day if you can, I need a koffy.

View attachment 49913
A nice brush stroke to form your Enso. A perfect safe harbour for that sampan.

Sorry you struggle with the heat, Viking Blood Perhaps? Mrs MC is the same but I love it must have Italian ancestory in me. :)

Girl in a Bubble adventures are getting more extensive, when is the illustrated book being published?:)

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

So, to do my painting this morning which would've been impossible on the iPad given the mood he is in. I got out this old android tablet. Immediately the pestiferous cat is crawling all over it like a tentacled octopus. So I give it to him. I wait. He hangs on to it, looks at me and he finally goes to sleep.

Whereupon I whip out my iPad from behind my back and do this painting. In peace…

Sketches Pro app is full of surprises. This app is most certainly going to take quite some time to work out, but it proved interesting rather than frustrating this morning.

This is out of my head, but I used Lin Fengmian for the fisherman and boat and birds, for detail at the front...

View attachment 49914
Well done tricking Popeye, I bet he catches on to your little ploy before the months out.

That piece worked well today you are certainly progressing fast with this app.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.4 for me today. Salad and chicken last night and a very busy day so again high in my opinion.

Son called in a panic yesterday as he's having a long weekend in his Caravan at one of these Pub Campsites in Derbyshire. It's a double axle Caravan and pulled by his VBW Touareg. He had parked it under a large tree and the whole road train was covered in a thick Sap to which was stuck many dead flowers, Mayflies and other creatures, some of the sap was 5mm thick. So we spent 3 hours yesterday evening washing it and cleaning windows. So. Is scared of heights so I was on the roof hushed job. Mrs MC sorted food for Grandaughters and ourselves.

Keep safe and seek that illusive state of perfection.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. An assortment of adventures since I last visited. My fbg on Swipey was 4.6 @ 5.31 a.m. Goodish grouping this week but 5 days in a row of mackerel salad at close to the same time each evening and very similar step count and waking time should, in theory, produce similar results. Salmon avo salad day today - slightly lower carbs and 50 ish more cals. Different Cronometer analysis below. @dunelm great art and sorry you don't like the heat - I love the freedom of shorts, neither socks nor shoes and all doors and windows open. @gennepher wonderful art, fantastic trick played on Popeye and I adore the word pestiferous. @geefull 3 steamer day produced a wonderful piece of art. Well done on your prompt action with #steamergate. @Krystyna23040 I was born in Cambridge, taught there, my mother's family come from there, my father worked on several colleges and I played cricket on many a college ground :):):):). Our American neighbours adore Cambridge. Hard to beat The Backs with Kings College Chapel as a scene IMHO. When life opens up I'll be back in the centre but far too many tourists right now. Tinkety Tonk Old Fruits.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-06-11 06.59.41.png
    Screenshot 2021-06-11 06.59.41.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

View attachment 49914
Ah, slight of hand and tablet juggling produces a smart piece of work - interesting to see where this app will take you.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A nice brush stroke to form your Enso. A perfect safe harbour for that sampan.

Sorry you struggle with the heat, Viking Blood Perhaps? Mrs MC is the same but I love it must have Italian ancestory in me. :)

Girl in a Bubble adventures are getting more extensive, when is the illustrated book being published?:)
Thank you @Muddy Cyclist. I know not if it’s Viking or the bit of Irish but the Sindhi drop from my maternal great grandparents seems to have gone the way of homeopathy.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.4 for me today. Salad and chicken last night and a very busy day so again high in my opinion.

Son called in a panic yesterday as he's having a long weekend in his Caravan at one of these Pub Campsites in Derbyshire. It's a double axle Caravan and pulled by his VBW Touareg. He had parked it under a large tree and the whole road train was covered in a thick Sap to which was stuck many dead flowers, Mayflies and other creatures, some of the sap was 5mm thick. So we spent 3 hours yesterday evening washing it and cleaning windows. So. Is scared of heights so I was on the roof hushed job. Mrs MC sorted food for Grandaughters and ourselves.

Keep safe and seek that illusive state of perfection.
Oh, what a job getting all that sap removed, and in this heat. Nasty stuff. Send it to Spielberg with some ideas for a dinosaur film.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm reminded me that I should have tagged @Muddy Cyclist - special Father's Day celebration due for that. Maybe TMI but still not hot enough for the best part of summer IMHO. Windows open, ceiling fan on, sleeping with no duvet in sight or ridiculous nightwear. One of the biggest gripes I have with LC is just how much clothing and how many togs it requires most of the time in the UK.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist - special Father's Day celebration due for that
Hmmm!

Actually can't grumble son pays for our annual family holiday and done so for the past 10 years. He says it's easier than trying to think of celebration, Birthday and Christmas presents for us all and of course we are all happy to tag along.:)

Reactions: dunelm and jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A lovely low 5.0 this morning. Definitely a result of swapping sitting hours at the computer teaching on Zoom to teaching hours every day in my huge venues doing thousands more steps a day.

Am experimenting with my little pancakes. I added some ground ginger and erythritol and they were delicious. They came a very close second to the lemon pancakes. Have managed this week to eat 14 eggs instead of 2 - so am really pleased that I have been able to up my consumption eggs with the pancakes.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You are right. The loo buggy is such a good idea.
I used to carry jelly babies with me when I was injecting insulin. The only problem was that I love jelly babies and it took so much willpower to stop myself eating them when I didn't need them.
Well handicap cards are in - those two donkey rounds cost me dear.

I totally know what you mean about the jelly babies. I am sure my golf bag eats them. Not me. Nope.