What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone. I'll go with the 4.4 Swipey gave at 5.34 - as good a guess as any. How does a guy with an avo as his avatar forget the avo in SSAF? Too much junk sorting, skip filling, cricket watching and nursing. I'm not engineered for multi-tasking. Hot, hot, hot in the far from exotic East.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My fasting results most mornings are never much higher than 5.2.

Why is there a lot of emphasis put on fasting glucose levels?
Usually because these are the last numbers to come down. In my case having lower FBGs also makes me feel I am more in control, plus its encouraging that what I ate the night before was ok. I also find that having a high fasting number can knock levels for the rest of the day in which case if morning numbers are high(er) I will choose foods carefully for the rest of the day. I much prefer to keep my blood levels in non diabetic ranges if I can. Plus if I am honest, I enjoy the camaraderie of this thread - keeps me dipping in daily.

Your numbers look great by the way and if you are keeping to around that level or below during the day your DN will love you at your next review. Are you taking any meds?

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting difference @Ryhia. I always assume Libre is -2 but I'm a real Happy Chappy;) Go with the 5.3
Definitely going with the 5.3. My much maligned Tee 2 has become my true friend. How can Libre go up to 7.9 for a small portion of Greek yogurt, a couple of raspberries and a dessertspoon of flaxseed!

Maybe your blood results will give you a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: DJC3 and mojo37

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I always assume Libre is -2
Nope mine goes consistently higher and only way I am able to rely on those readings is by calibrating it atleast once a day with finger prick result on Diabox and then the variance between Diabox and Libre is clear as day. :)

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
How can Libre go up to 7.9 for a small portion of Greek yogurt, a couple of raspberries and a dessertspoon of flaxseed!
Actually that has happened with me... with trial and error I found problem for me was raspberries....if I have it in breakfast it causes a sugar rush somehow. Could be something on similar lines for you or not given each body responds differently to random triggers.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually that has happened with me... with trial and error I found problem for me was raspberries....if I have it in breakfast it causes a sugar rush somehow. Could be something on similar lines for you or not given each body responds differently to random triggers.

I don't usually have raspberries with my yoghurt, so will try again without to see what difference it makes. Thank you.