NHS Data grab/GPDPR

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not a conspiracy theorist but do believe MY private data IS my PRIVATE data.

Now that's out of the way

i imagined what this could lead to..

I see it might help research, but wouldn't that data still be available,?

so it's for profit, for some companies, (cant see this being FREE to those who ask for it.)

So WHY would they PAY & want it...mmhh.

Top of my list is insurers.

While for me that relates to travel, driving, pretty sure there will be others.

so, for travel i declare two issues.
T2D and asthma...No issue with that.

help if i needed it could cost more, so i pay more, seems right.

however, some may simply aggregate ALL my health data and deem me an ever higher risk.

Thinking on that now... i don't believe or agree, anyone on here is the A Typical Type 2 diabetic that doctors and stats seem to refer to constantly.:rolleyes:

yet we all are lumped in with the same who won't or can't action to amend their lifestyle, and follow the progressive line we all hear about.

Now those paying won't be wanting less cash for there products, will they..?
so higher prices for some, would seem a good possibility.

what else might that mean ?

NOW or at any point, some new links, MAY however tenuously linked to your date, could either see your premiums rise..(likely)
or might even mean you can no longer get cover, despite the fact without such data you could and most likely pay far less..
and be just as safe.

so travel. More expensive., IF you can get such cover
and driving more expensive, IF you can even get cover.

bottom line ?.

once IN you can NOT opt out.

Opt out you CAN opt in.

anyone who thinks companies are paying for such data is so they can charge us all less....

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Hmmm, One thought keeps popping into my mind. & I don't do conspiracies either.

Also gearing up to prospectively cater for an American model health care system?

Nah, shurely not.

Reactions: urbanracer

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
I've opted out online and have the form waiting to be delivered when I go for my next blood test next week.. I guess the more people who opt out the better?

Apart from that.. like so many other areas of our "new life" we seem fairly powerless.
I hope so! My wife first became alerted via Twitter, and not from any Government posting either.

Reactions: bulkbiker

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Opted out in 2014 when this was first mooted, but not subsequently implemented. Apparently my initial letter is still on file and still counts.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you.that was a much simpler process than any I had tried following from news stories etc. I was beginning to think they were making it difficult on purpose
Well, one form to fill in online and one you have to fill in paperwork wise that they haven’t exactly advertised and originally needed to be in in a matter of weeks

So… might not use the word difficult but certainly doing something on purpose

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, one form to fill in online and one you have to fill in paperwork wise that they haven’t exactly advertised and originally needed to be in in a matter of weeks

So… might not use the word difficult but certainly doing something on purpose
So where do I get the paper form from?

Reactions: jjraak

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So where do I get the paper form from?

https://digital.nhs.uk/data-and-inf...for-planning-and-research/transparency-notice

Go to that page then click here where it says returning this form.

Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 22.57.04.png

They don't make it easy !

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys, I am confused. I have read this and the other thread a few times, but my brain just won't retain the info.
I have printed out the form. So do I have to do this online too, and where? Sorry to be dense, post covid brain strikes again. :arghh:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick note. There were two threads on the same topic. One of the thread starters suggested a merge; the other agreed, so now there is one thread - no need for anyone to believe they’ve lost their marbles if they’re looking for one they previously replied to and can’t see it!

Have changed the thread title to reflect the titles of both threads.

Reactions: urbanracer

Dark Horse

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We have both completed the Type 1 Opt Out forms, and the action has been recorded on our medical records. I have also "Managed" my sharing rules, on the surgery website, to the state where anyone wanting access to my data has to contact me directly. This can be by text message, with a code.

Interestingly, I have just become a subject in a very exciting (to me anyway") research study, lasting 5 years, where, as well as benchmarking data, there were bloods taken for inclusion in the UK Biobank, for the study and other research. I have consented to that, but need to do a little more digging into the detail of the Biobank activities.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Guys, I am confused. I have read this and the other thread a few times, but my brain just won't retain the info.
I have printed out the form. So do I have to do this online too, and where? Sorry to be dense, post covid brain strikes again. :arghh:
@zand I'm very confused too, and I don't have the post covid excuse either! And I used to be an IT professional but this jargon has me beat

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@zand I'm very confused too, and I don't have the post covid excuse either! And I used to be an IT professional but this jargon has me beat
Opt out type 1 forms need to be completed and delivered to your doctor
The other one can be done online (relates to hospital and other data I believe)

Although some doctors are doing the type 1 online

Anyone would think they are trying to make it harder to do the type 1 opt-out...