hi people im stag and so glad to meet you all

stag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
death :)
i were diagnosed jan 14th a thursday i think, doctor rang me up said i have a bg of 86 i said whats that he said diabetes 2 and its preety high he said im in heart attack stroke land i had to agree when i googled it. didnt know you could catch the ****** but there you go, so no help from doc or nurse havent seen them yet which is kinda funny, 6-8 weeks later habc1 of 30 went no white bread, pasta and chips etc basically no processed food and it working ok. 111kg to 86kg has changed it and its all down to me sneaky previewing all the posts on here you guys and gals are a fantastic bunch and i cant thankyou enough you all know your stuff your all brill so i thought i will join you all. hope i can help somewhere along the line thankyou, if not i do tell jokes now and again :) anyways tc all stag

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
HI @stag and welcome to the forums. What did your doctor say when they told you the new (awesome) result? :):):)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
i were diagnosed jan 14th a thursday i think, doctor rang me up said i have a bg of 86 i said whats that he said diabetes 2 and its preety high he said im in heart attack stroke land i had to agree when i googled it. didnt know you could catch the ****** but there you go, so no help from doc or nurse havent seen them yet which is kinda funny, 6-8 weeks later habc1 of 30 went no white bread, pasta and chips etc basically no processed food and it working ok. 111kg to 86kg has changed it and its all down to me sneaky previewing all the posts on here you guys and gals are a fantastic bunch and i cant thankyou enough you all know your stuff your all brill so i thought i will join you all. hope i can help somewhere along the line thankyou, if not i do tell jokes now and again :) anyways tc all stag
"Working okay"...? I'd say a HbA1c of 30 is a bit more than that, mate...! Excellent work!

Reactions: SaskiaKC

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @stag

fantastic achievement. Bravo.

and as for giving something back..
i think you just did in that marvellous post of yours.

a testament to what a bit of positive action can achieve.

Glad you found the forum so helpful, i know i certainly did.
so fully agree, it's nice to give back, once we steady our own ship.

so about these joke....loL;)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done on embracing the low carb way of living.
Your HbA1c is fantastic, far better than much of the non-diabetic population.
I will be very interested to hear what your doctor/nurse have to say.

Reactions: jjraak and EllieM

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Great result, well done!

Reactions: jjraak

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Hi. Great result, you should be very proud of yourself!

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Congratulations and welcome @stag

Not a bad debut on the forum. Would love to here the feedback from your medical team. Let us know and looking forward to the jokes

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Excellent result well done stag :). I am in the same boat working on getting my 87 down to normal levels with diet. Hope i am as successful as you

TooSweetForMe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the forum! I had to look up the a1c thing and convert to % because I'm in the US but I do agree that you've done a good job so far. Keep it up!