Weekly weigh in - Fridays

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
98 on the money. Eating cottage cheese, smoked salmon, lean meats , outrageous amounts of green leafy veggies. Making progress

Reactions: DJC3

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
51.7kg for me
Errant 4.5kg
Errant (French word for stray, pronounced Erraunt, with almost silent t) has managed to gain 10 grammes.
Bad Cat.
Cutting his evening meal by one gramme from now on. Last week cut his morning meal.
Still masses to do in the garden, just to catch up with grass cutting etc. Hope to be somewhere near in about a week.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaoDan

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
first weigh in for a few weeks and pleased to say remained same which is good as have been away and eating out and takeaways a fair bit

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
85.1kg (1kg loss) on week 5 of PE Ratio Diet

Sarahjane41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Rude people
Busibodies
Didnt loose anything last week but 3 pounds off this morning!!!!

Only 1 pound off 2 stone in 8 weeks, going into week 9 determined, I've got a better understanding now I am testing my bloods and knowing what affects me.

Still got a terrible sweet tooth had 85% dark chocolate yesterday and woke up with 7.7 highest fasting so far it just wasnt worth it

Have a good week all xxx

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
52.0kg this week, weight gain because eating too many carbs.
I now need to think about exercise as the majority of heavy work in the garden is done.
Errant 4.3kg
He had a few days off his food and as a result has lost 20g. I have had to change his food as well, ( can't find the one he is used to in the shops here) and now he seems hungry all the time.

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
95.8 kg this week. Slowed down to 1-2 pound a week which i am ok with. The bloods are looking fine and the weight loss is a nice side effect. Looks like i am slowly moving towards a carnivor diet as the only carbs i have is a riveta (3.5 grams) at night with something on it :)

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
I've lost 2 lbs this week after starting a new med

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
84.6kg (.5kg loss).
Very happy to hit my latest goal of breaking 85kg. Last goal was breaking 90kg so took 10 weeks to lose 5kg. new goal is to crack the 70kg range at 79.9. While not counting or eating my chickens until they have hatched starting to turn my thoughts to the end game and where I want to settle. BMI or SBMI or just make my own decision?

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
84.6kg (.5kg loss).
Very happy to hit my latest goal of breaking 85kg. Last goal was breaking 90kg so took 10 weeks to lose 5kg. new goal is to crack the 70kg range at 79.9. While not counting or eating my chickens until they have hatched starting to turn my thoughts to the end game and where I want to settle. BMI or SBMI or just make my own decision?

So for me (and to highlight fluctuations for those that worry about their fluctuations as it’s totally normal)
Friday: 73.3kg
Sunday: 72.25kg
So I either put on a kg in a week, or stayed roughly where I already was. So I’m going to take the latter and in general, staying average between 72 and 73 which is where I’m getting used to

I had a few aims when I started, to get out of obese levels of BMI and then kept going but at a certain point, even well within the technical ability to lose more and still be in the BMI range I realised that I looked in the mirror and thought, you look a bit skinny but only in certain places, so my chest and face starting to look bony, but my thighs are still quite big.

I could be between 59.9kg - 81kg for “healthy” bmi but for my own body I think I would be wrong to go to the low end, and my nurse and trainer agree. Where I am now (around 72 to 73) is okay, and maybe even putting sone on towards to 76 level May happen if I build up more muscle

I tended to put on weight all over, others I know it was on the stomach mainly, there’s a lot of difference person to person.

thing is there are areas I would like to lose more weight on but more weight loss will make other areas look even more skinny, so it’s about for me now targeting with exercise and muscle build.

every body is different, so how you look and feel counts and BMI has sone place but is an incredibly blunt tool. I know a number of muscled guys who are really fit but bmi obese.

So long winded way of saying that it depends on you.

Last edited:
Reactions: LaoDan

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thanks @Andydragon

Still away to go but great that I can get feedback like yours who have actually done the great work and had to make those decisions

Sarahjane41

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Rude people
Busibodies
I'm 2 pounds off 3 stone over 10 weeks, low carb low sugar low dairy low fat, I've been on trulicity 10 weeks tomorrow and changed everything I eat, this week I've been having roughly 20g carb a day and it's really working.

I've still got a long way to go but I can see n feel the changes now and its making me very determined as ive yo yo diet all ly life!!!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
51.7kg for me
Errant 4.5kg
Errant (French word for stray, pronounced Erraunt, with almost silent t) has managed to gain 10 grammes.
Bad Cat.
Cutting his evening meal by one gramme from now on. Last week cut his morning meal.
Still masses to do in the garden, just to catch up with grass cutting etc. Hope to be somewhere near in about a week.
Grass cutting is what I said, more like hay making. The grass was waist high at this point.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Same weight last week and this week. Legs are more slender but worry I lose their strength before I get a chance to go back to a gym on top of daily walking more frequently. Self isolating Mon-Thurs this week as I have an investigatory and repair/removal-/+ operation. So walking around garden will be my walking limit with taxis to and from hospital.
I'm wondering if hernia repairs and eventually reduction of abdominal swellings will eventually give me a few pounds less. We'll see.
Dieticians were close to discharging me from obesity services but bypass is being naughty so having it checked by surgeon as pain at times seems unexplainable, to me. Now I've researched I feel more empowered to deal with upcoming operations.