Driving license

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Lapsed my license eight years ago but now due to my husbands condition think I need to renew it but how do i do this and is it expensive please

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
did you surrender your license or just not renew your photo card?

as it was 8 years ago, you may need to complete an application for a new license, they may accept a renewal form..

i would give them a call and ask the best process so it right and they will advise the fee.... make sure they know its a medical licence as often there is no fee for these

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
did you surrender your license or just not renew your photo card?

as it was 8 years ago, you may need to complete an application for a new license, they may accept a renewal form..

i would give them a call and ask the best process so it right and they will advise the fee.... make sure they know its a medical licence as often there is no fee for these
Just stopped driving and ignored license which expired in 2013

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake

I would phone them sometimes renewals have to be done within 12 months or the license is cancelled so you have to reapply (no retest). In other circumstances just a renewal dorm

So best check with them what they want

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Provided you have not been disqualified from driving by any court of law then you may be facing fresh application just as if you had been advised by a doctor not to drive for a proscribed period (such as following a stroke or medical procedure). You will probably be required to submit a DIAB1 form and give permission for your GP and or DN to give certain information to them. In addition, they can request special eye tests and maybe even a driving competency test just to satisfy them you are indeed at the required standard still. Best to contact them and discuss why it lapsed, and what has changed since then.