What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes and bearable temperatures with barely 19 today and 17 the rest of the week or less, its not really warm enough in the strong breezes to sit out!
I couldnt stand the heat in the S.E. so I'm ok! ;)
I had heard that a great number of tourists had blocked the road to Wast Water Head - beggars belief.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

I am so tired. No sleep the night before last.
Last night, I mislaid my phone. I was ID'ing some leaves in my garden with Google lens.

Popeye was with me, and then disappeared into the undergrowth. So, I put phone on swing, so I could catch him...

Came in with cat. I thought I picked up my phone on the way back indoors. And I put phone down so I could lock the door. Went and fed cat.

Midnight. Where is my phone? Couldn't find it. Shot outside to check the swing to see if I had left it on swing. Couldn't find it. I didn't have my speech processor on so I have no idea if any noise in garden. But I can feel/see the leaves on my bushes moving. The air feels different. When I have no incoming sound, my sight and other senses go on super alert. So I shot in, grabbing cat who is trying to make his escape out of door as I am trying to get in. Shut door just in time before a badger came hurtling at the door. It is a full length window door leading to garden.

Popeye wants to get at badger. Badger wants to get at Popeye. But fortunately there is glass between them. I go and check the front garden, and there is mum and dad badger digging it up. So that must have been their badger cub in the back garden.

Go back to look what is going on at the back. Badger cub is still quite a hefty weight. Size of a very large cat. It is so excited like this is its first outing away from mum and dad. So playful. Popeye is going from study to bedroom. I want to get this badger he says. I can take it on...

I search for my phone again, for over an hour.

No phone.

Finally I collapse in bed. I can't sleep. I have visions of trying to explain to my insurance company that a teenage badger has made off with my phone and is learning social media...

This morning when it was light, I gingerly go outside. I don't know if badger cub has trapped himself and not been able to get out again. Garden appears to be devoid of badgers, but it looks like a heck of a party took place. And the packets of seeds I had accidentally left on the swing were all opened and scattered all over the garden...

I came back in. And my hand reached out and opened a drawer. There was my phone. I had put it in there for safety...

So that's the inspiration for this morning's sketch in Procreate.

I am half dead here and can hardly keep my eyes open...but I do have my phone!

View attachment 50015
Brilliant - the life of phones - I think that they have read The Life Of Keys. Mrs Miggins will tell you of the day that I was searching the house, room by room, moving cushions, knick knacks, opening drawers - and over again until in frustration she said, “what are you doing?” - “Looking for my phone”, I replied. “Does it look like the one in your left hand?” She said.
Anyhow - Brilliant teenage Badger sketch.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I couldnt stand the heat in the S.E. so I'm ok! ;)
Glad the temperature suits you better Derek. I'd need my battery heated winter coat in those parts. It was easily 17-18 Sunday night - my kinda environment. Repeat after me, N=1 - examiners love it;)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and @ianpspurs , I must admit me and me's are wondering if the aforementioned Ian is taking my medication, sanity is a concern, hold on to as much as you can or shortly you will be barking at the postman.

A 6.2 this am. I shall not mention my meter grrrrrr.

@gennepher I gave you a funny for you post this morning, but I think a hug should be added for your electronic communicator ( phone ) tale.

Here in Tilehurst Towers Mrs J is making plans and organising my life for today and Friday, leaving bin day and Thursday in the lap of whatever deity you choose.

Stay safe, stay well, stay apart and above all stay away from the depressing media.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ahh corporal punishment, back in my day it was free, but these days....
The first school in which I worked was allegedly responsible for the court case which ended corporal punishment in UK schools. Of course, you may be referring to a certain Cynthia of Ambleside Avenue which I drove past every day to and from work at one stage.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning everyone from another day on the set of that Sean Connery film The Hill.
The wonder wheel of eggs, eggs and even more eggs, with a side order of eggs hatched a 4.6 this am

Park - 0730 - and even then it was like being in a plate warming oven. Back, and all the doors and windows opened wide and then koffy. Lots of heat of the day jobs to do - test out sun loungers, sit inside the summer house, refill bird feeders.

This doesn’t look good: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-...dIWANcnerXkdsRb3uox1NM8bB3ouKvc09KAF9eIJ-ctRg

Experimenting again - this is water brushed onto paper - quite a lot - and then ink added and left to do it’s thing. Hope that everyone is well and drinking lots of water.

View attachment 49954
Great spreading ink @dunelm
It is satisfying...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My art isa Plein Air sketch I did on a bike ride this morning, coloured pencil of a waterfall on a mill stream. I have not caught the light as I wanted but there is enough information I think to produce the watercolour I have in mind.

Bike ride resulted in some major repairs as rear tire split, repaired on the trail with gaffer tape to stop tube bulging out, visit to bike shop and a new tire purchased. When home decided to put new wheels on which I had been putting off for a month or so, so lots of engineering Rear cassette removed and replaced, brake discs removed and replaced and then the gear indexing a job well done. :) Well chuffed as I'm a hopeless engineer.

Sketch of waterfall......
View attachment 49975
Well done with bike @Muddy Cyclist
Great waterfall...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.4 today

we've been working away at Mum's trying to get things ready for her visitors who arrive on Thursday (all being well), mr gee's cousin and her son.
It's amazing how much 'stuff' Mum had accumulated in her spare bedroom :hilarious:

Hopefully I'll get my HbA1c results tomorrow, they should be on the website by then, I can't get the complete breakdown until next Friday when I see the DN.

Off to read the posts I've missed now :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

art bit - a quick sunset

View attachment 49977
A brilliant sunset, beautiful colours @geefull
Great painting...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.05am FBG 5.6
Straight out into the garden, raking and levelling molehills. It's going to be hot today.
Errant seems fine, wanders off on his own, unusual, but hey, he is probably haunting the kitchen, wanting breakfast. I get a lot done in these early hours. Went shopping, I know it's Sunday, but was simply too tired to bother yesterday. Ofc I forgot most shops are shut, including Lidl, blast! Have to get those items later in the week. Still supermarket wasn't busy, which was nice and I got most things needed. MrSlim was raking when I got back so felt obliged to help - we finished the job. BUT MrSlim is going to mow again tomorrow. Stull it wont be anywhere near the last lot.
Spent some more time trying to work out crop rotation. Gave up and out a few seeds in pots. Then had anither go at the last vegetable bed. Leeks like triffids, some taller than me. One snakelike, reminded me of the grass snake hurriedly diving for cover this afternoon. Poor thing was sunbathing and I didn't see it until it moved. The hoglet was fine when I found it in the dark. Wasn't interested in cat biscuits any more, I donated it a large slug and watched the ensuing wrestling match with interest. If i had remembered the snake, might have felt obliged to relocate the hoglet. Still the prickles would probably make hoglet an uncomfortable meal.
Errant seemed fine, but his appetite has not recovered. Maybe it's the hot weather, he is eating about 20% less...should lose some more weight then. That would help. But tonight he seemed to struggle a bit getting up the stairs.
Me and my Triffid View attachment 49984
Is it a snake or a leek?
View attachment 49985
Errant enjoying some evening sun
View attachment 49986

Edited to add:
Sunday, day of rest. Ha! Have not finished Fridays jobs list, or Saturdays. Soon I promise myself I will have a day off.
This week, next week, sometime...

A very big Triffid @SlimLizzy
Popeye sometimes goes totally off food in hot weather.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning everyone on an overcast and blustery beginning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of ‘Mrs Miggins visits the farm shop’ came in at 5.1 after a run up pork chop hill.

Afternoon tea is gaining popularity, even planet saving Americans who only have one plane and two helicopters left to drag their bodies to the shops are now into cucumber sandwiches and Earl Grey. In other news, Macron [allegedly] can put either of his feet right inside his mouth, somebody kicked a ball into a net and thunderstorms are forecast for Wednesday. Removal lorry arriving at the door of 21st June today to move it to somewhere in the back end of July. I blame the media for bigging it all up and removing the word ‘earliest’.

Still playing with this idea of brushing water onto paper, adding ink and letting it get on with it. This one with some idea of how I thought it may pan out. Have a Marvellous Monday. Koffy time.

View attachment 49987
I like this experimentation of water and colour @dunelm

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.30am FBG 6.3
Most, if not all the digging is done.
Plan to plant up asap. Then sit back and watch the caterpillars, aphids, slugs and flea beetles take their toll.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

4.7 today

Just catching up ;)

a quiet day at home today then back to Mum's tomorrow to give her kitchen a good rattle :D

It's been quite a pleasant day temperature wise but very windy here.

June 2021 - five years after diagnosis - HbA1c is 30 according to the 'my diabetes my way' website :happy::joyful: other results on Friday hopefully.

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@SlimLizzy - I feel tired reading your work list :sorry:

@Muddy Cyclist - some tricky repairs by the sound of it :) mr gee is wrestling with trying to fix a breadmaker at the moment. Much swearing is involved and also the odd bashed or scraped knuckle, I contributed by keeping the flow of tea and coffee going and keeping out of his way sorting out part of the wardrobe ;)

I like your plein air sketch very much and look forward to seeing how you translate it to watercolour :)

@gennepher - the new app seems to be allowing for some good experimentation, it looks really interesting, who wrote it if you don't mind me asking? I don't think it's called exactly the same thing in the google play store :)
I like the depth of colour it allows and you're already producing some interesting art with it, I really struggle with getting my watercolour colours strong, rookie mistake I suppose :) Today's waterfalll in procreate is also particularly effective :joyful:

@dunelm - that looks like a fine and fluid technique and you are developing some interesting art with it, today's is both colourful and pleasing. (I must say that I also very much liked the handsome and stylised enso you posted a couple of day's ago ;))

art bit - today's art based on a photo found online - I believe it's Wastwater
painted on Fabriano studio 280gsm not.
View attachment 50005

Hi @geefull
The app is exactly the same on Android.
They call them slightly different names.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tayasui.sketches

This is the free version. I have the free version on my Android.

I quite like the intensity of colours I can get within that app.

But on Apple, iPad I have paid a one off extra (but you can also pay extra for the Android pro version as well) for the pro version hence the slightly different name, and it is more layers and a few more brushes/strokes.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for the painting compliments.

Great sweeping sky, and water that draws you into your painting. I like it very much...

Reactions: ianpspurs